Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Should we still babysit?

(54 Posts)
pinkym Thu 27-May-21 13:18:22

DH & I had agreed to babysit our DGD and DGS at the weekend so their parents could go out for a meal for their anniversary. We were going to have them stay over with us as DH starts to clock-watch from about 10.30 onwards which makes me anxious. Now a child in DGS class has tested positive so it's probably not a good idea to have them stay with us, but I'm dithering over whether we should go to their home to babysit. We've both had two vaccinations. This is a battle between heart and head, what would you do?

growstuff Thu 03-Jun-21 23:42:31

I sympathise with people who live in cramped housing who can't afford to self-isolate or not to work. I have zilch sympathy with people who moan about not being able to go on holiday or go out for meals.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 04-Jun-21 07:51:50

growstuff

I sympathise with people who live in cramped housing who can't afford to self-isolate or not to work. I have zilch sympathy with people who moan about not being able to go on holiday or go out for meals.

?

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 04-Jun-21 07:54:06

I can see what you’re saying. There’s necessary risk, and then there’s completely unnecessary risk. To be honest, the whole holiday thing has flummoxed me from the beginning.