Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Hancock having affair during lockdown unbelievable!

(250 Posts)
B9exchange Fri 25-Jun-21 09:11:57

The Sun (apologies, but they got the scoop) has published a picture od Matt Hancock in a steamy embrace with a woman he sneaked into a job at DHSC last November, the story is that they have been carrying on an affair in the office since then. The hypocrisy of him calling for Neil Ferguson spelling amended by GNHQ at OP's request to be sacked for his lockdown breaking affair cannot be overestimated.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 26-Jun-21 08:48:41

Lucca

Gwyneth

I’m more concerned about how a camera was set up in a Minister’s office in the first place without their knowledge. Very worrying re security issues. There needs to be a very detailed investigation into security arrangements in government offices dealing with confidential information and matters of national security. How did the Sun newspaper access this footage?

Sorry but you are “ more concerned” about the camera. Does that mean you’re ok with the man “in charge “ of the pandemic is cheerfully ignoring social distancing ??

And committing fraud. Using tax payers money, lying, corrupt and guilty of cronyism as well as being utterly incompetent at his job.

That must concern some Tory supporters surely?

lemsip Sat 26-Jun-21 08:50:48

It was cctv in the corridors outside offices.

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 08:51:37

I’d like to say first I’m not a Labour party member or anything. Bit centre to be honest and also think there have been good Tory politicians as well bad ..ditto Labour.
However I would really like at least some Tory voters from GN to say this latest is unacceptable.

25Avalon Sat 26-Jun-21 09:20:48

Reminds me of Watergate with Nixon. He got so used to the recording tapes he seemed to “forget” they were there. So possibly same with Hancock. Getting more like Hancock’s Half Hour by the minute, music orchestrated possibly by Dominion Cunnings.

vegansrock Sat 26-Jun-21 09:25:12

Whoever leaked the pictures ( possibly someone in the security office?) can’t be sacked as they could claim unfair dismissal as they were whistleblowing a breach of COVID regulations. Whoever they were must have made some £££s from the Sun.

Alegrias1 Sat 26-Jun-21 09:29:56

I would imagine the Official Secrets Act has something in it about selling covertly obtained images from inside government offices to the press. Disciplinary action, surely?

25Avalon Sat 26-Jun-21 09:30:20

I doubt anyone sits and watches all of the CCTV cameras all of the time. Sounds like someone knew or suspected Hancock was having an affair and scrolled back carefully on that particular camera over several weeks and Bingo!

Kali2 Sat 26-Jun-21 09:33:59

The affair is one thing- the way this woman was appointed, her links to big business and contracts awarded to clients and relatives, is another. And much much more serious.

vegansrock Sat 26-Jun-21 09:41:36

Yes and it’s the fact the BoJo says the matter is closed is so disgusting

GrannyGravy13 Sat 26-Jun-21 09:41:45

I am not supporting Mr.Hancock’s behaviour.

I can understand how at the beginning of the pandemic that contracts were awarded here there and everywhere in order to procure PPE the world and its wife were all trying to buy the same items.

Sparklefizz Sat 26-Jun-21 09:46:03

I read online this morning that it seems there was a covert camera hidden in the fire alarm and therefore it should be a major security issue.

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 09:50:03

“ I am not supporting Mr.Hancock’s behaviour.”
Thank you.

vegansrock Sat 26-Jun-21 09:53:58

Obviously someone knew they were having a bit of an office fling so procured they pictures one way or another but whoever it was can hide behind the fact that the pair were in breach of the regulations at the time, one of the pair being the person who stands up and tells us to keep to said regulations, which makes it in the public interest to know. It’s not just a private matter .

Whitewavemark2 Sat 26-Jun-21 09:59:00

GrannyGravy13

I am not supporting Mr.Hancock’s behaviour.

I can understand how at the beginning of the pandemic that contracts were awarded here there and everywhere in order to procure PPE the world and its wife were all trying to buy the same items.

Yes but it is stretching it a tad to say the his mistresses’ brother just happened to be someone he contacted by accident! And his publican FGS!

Some things simply stretch credibility too far.

Luckygirl Sat 26-Jun-21 10:02:52

So many things wrong here:
- breaching covid regulations
- employing his "bit of stuff" in a powerful role in his department
- employing her relatives in supply contracts
- security breaches in his department
- cheating on his wife

Now, some people are saying that the last item is a personal matter. I disagree. We need our politicians to have integrity, and cheating on your wife betrays a lack of integrity, which they can just as well apply to their political/governmental role. When will we have decent people at the helm?

Sarnia Sat 26-Jun-21 10:06:38

Luckygirl

So many things wrong here:
- breaching covid regulations
- employing his "bit of stuff" in a powerful role in his department
- employing her relatives in supply contracts
- security breaches in his department
- cheating on his wife

Now, some people are saying that the last item is a personal matter. I disagree. We need our politicians to have integrity, and cheating on your wife betrays a lack of integrity, which they can just as well apply to their political/governmental role. When will we have decent people at the helm?

Spot on. The double standards of this Government is mind boggling.

B9exchange Sat 26-Jun-21 10:21:51

There are reports that Matt Hancock's wife was seen leaving their house last night with what looked like overnight bags. The poor woman, even if she was just going to get away from the press, who must be camped outside.

MaizieD Sat 26-Jun-21 10:27:16

Spot on. The double standards of this Government is mind boggling.

I don't think this government has any standards, let alone double ones..

Nannee49 Sat 26-Jun-21 10:29:01

Brilliant parody on youtube...Matt Hancock It wasn't me Shaggy

winterwhite Sat 26-Jun-21 10:55:50

We're told that Downing St is a better place to work since Cummings left. Not much better, though, if someone could take that photo and send it to the Sun.
That's pretty staggering and has made me feel sorry for Hancock now - nasty example of kicking a dog when it's down. Can't believe that this is a unique or even unusual case

growstuff Sat 26-Jun-21 11:20:02

winterwhite

We're told that Downing St is a better place to work since Cummings left. Not much better, though, if someone could take that photo and send it to the Sun.
That's pretty staggering and has made me feel sorry for Hancock now - nasty example of kicking a dog when it's down. Can't believe that this is a unique or even unusual case

But Hancock has admitted it happened. I don't have one iota of sympathy for him.

lavenderzen Sat 26-Jun-21 11:21:02

I have to say this whole debacle has brightened my otherwise dull life no end this past two days including some of the brilliant comments on here. Thank you.

winterwhite Sat 26-Jun-21 11:44:26

Well, Growstuff, he could scarcely deny it could he. That wasn't my point. He's been knocked to the ground by the Cummings criticism and the Johnson emails and then someone in his workplace takes a most compromising photo of him and sends it to the Sun. 'Poor man' indeed.

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 11:48:05

winterwhite

Well, Growstuff, he could scarcely deny it could he. That wasn't my point. He's been knocked to the ground by the Cummings criticism and the Johnson emails and then someone in his workplace takes a most compromising photo of him and sends it to the Sun. 'Poor man' indeed.

You are joking.? Poor man ? Telling us all to social distance and then doing the opposite ??

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 11:50:32

My Italian friend has this to say “until a few years ago your politicians commanded respect and credibility….whereas ours had lost that a long time ago”