Gransnet forums

Estrangement

*SUPPORT* for all who are living with estrangement

(1001 Posts)
Namsnanny Mon 30-Sep-19 23:11:33

Hope I'm not posting out of turn, but I noticed the other thread had reached 1000!

Smileless2012 Tue 31-Mar-20 17:06:36

Fancy arguing about your place in a queue of 10shock. I don't blame you for giving up Madgran.

I began with a good warm up and finished with stretches and not having been to the gym for almost 2 weeks, stiffness is the price I must pay.

Good job I'm getting into a daily routine; can you imagine what I'd be like if this isolation does continue for 6 months, and I went back to the gym having not lifted any weights!!!

Madgran77 Tue 31-Mar-20 17:34:24

Baked bean tins make excellent weights or bags of flour. smile

Smileless2012 Tue 31-Mar-20 18:51:54

Yes they do Madgran. Cans or bottles of water are easier to hold than bags of flower.

Madgran77 Tue 31-Mar-20 19:33:31

Good idea re bottles. I've used flour in two plastic bags which worked quite well. smile

Smileless2012 Tue 31-Mar-20 19:36:56

Was it self raising?grin

Madgran77 Tue 31-Mar-20 20:37:21

gringringrin

hugshelp Tue 31-Mar-20 20:37:32

Tired snoozy kind of day for me, needed to recharge.
Stay safe friends. xx

Smileless2012 Tue 31-Mar-20 22:07:31

Hope the re charging went well hugshelp x

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Apr-20 09:23:24

Morning ladies.

Hope you're feeling re charged this morning hugshelp. I have to walk into town this morning to go to a chemists. Going out with the dogs doesn't bother me as I see hardly anyone but having to go to the shops does make me feel slightly uncomfortable.

I'm hoping to be able to get some dry shampoo for a 90 year old lady from our church who can't wash her hair and is getting rather upset, so fingers crossed I can get some for her to leave outside her front door.

Not feeling stiff this morninggrinso no excuse for not doing some more exercise later.

Stay safe xx

Starblaze Wed 01-Apr-20 10:03:57

Morning! Lots of sunshine here, definitely a day to be in the garden. Nothing like a bit of sun to cheer things.

Rhinestone Wed 01-Apr-20 12:49:56

Good morning from across the pond. My X Mil’s funeral was yesterday. I always thought before she passed that I would go and then be able to see my ES. Isn’t that terrible to be happy to see my ES at his grandmothers funeral?
Needless to say, because of the virus, they did a graveside funeral and only immediate family could come. Then I thought that at least my DD could see my ES and maybe they would talk but that didn’t happen . My X called her and said not to come that where she would have to park and leave the children was not near the gravesite. But they were videotaping the service.
Of course the video didn’t work but we could hear the audio. I was looking forward to even seeing my ES and that didn’t happen. So I groveled for a tiny bit of my ES and got nothing. I texted him my condolences and got nothing. Not a crumb.

3nanny6 Wed 01-Apr-20 12:50:29

Whatever has happened in my area today? it was warm enough to sit outside and have croissants and coffee on the patio cannot believe the weather for the U.K.

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Apr-20 13:30:39

I am sorry Rhinestone, it wasn't much to hope for was itsad.

Well it's not bad here 3nanny but not warm enough for croissants and coffee on our roof terraceenvy. Glad you're making the most of the improved weather.

3nanny6 Wed 01-Apr-20 13:47:47

Rhinestone ; that is such a sad experience to go through and you are right how terrible to be happy to see your ES at his grandmothers funeral life should not have to be that way.
All your hopes were dashed even the ones for your DD to see your ES so you must have been heartbroken. I cannot find words to tell you how sad I feel for you, when I was going through the estrangement with my daughter I built a wall around my heart and never expected an answer never expected nothing never knew if a crumb or morsel would be offered it felt easier to do that then I could not be hurt.
Look after yourself.

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Apr-20 14:16:47

I did the same in the end 3nanny it was the only way of protecting myself.

Rhinestoneflowers

Starblaze Wed 01-Apr-20 16:21:07

Probably best to try reaching out on a random rainy day rather than a time filled with upset or stress Rhinestone so you don't add to it.

hugshelp Wed 01-Apr-20 18:27:09

I'm so sorry Rhinestone that's just such a letdown, it wasn't much to hope for but even that was dashed.

I think DH and I need to start some gentle exercises.

Still cold and cloudy here today, but there were lots of birds to watch through the window.

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Apr-20 19:23:43

It's worth thinking about hugshelp it's good to have as much of a routine as we can at the moment.

We've had somesunshineand managed to get some pansies for our roof terrace which is looking quite lovely. I just hope we get some warmer weather soon so we can sit outside, look out at the sea and maybe have a BBQ or two. Only problem with that is we wont be able to invite 'our girls' from next door to join ussad.

Smileless2012 Thu 02-Apr-20 09:39:56

Good morning ladies. There's going to another clap at 8.00pm this evening and I'll be thinking about our girls next door who are working a 6 day week in the online department of a major supermarket chain.

They usually start at 4.00am, they were then asked to start at 3.00am and now, it's 2.00am. This is so they are finished more or less when the doors open, to ensure a safe distance between themselves and customers.

They knock on the doors of every resident in a residential block on our road for the elderly, everyday when they finish work, to see if they need anything so they can get it the following day.

By 9.00am they've made their deliveries until the following day.

Like everyone who is going out to work and making sure we have what we need to get us through this crisis, I'll be clapping for them this evening.

Starblaze Thu 02-Apr-20 11:45:27

So many key workers who are vastly underpaid and undervalued in this country. They deserve a clap and a raise. We cannot function without those in low wage jobs. A lesson we are learning the hard way. We also cannot function without bringing in an overseas workforce. Another lesson. Let's clap for them too.

3nanny6 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:19:23

Smileless2012 ; You are right to clap for your girls next door they are doing a brilliant job, and helping so many people.

I done the clap and cheer last Thursday and unbelievably nobody even came outside. I done some loud cheering and clapping and then two of my neighbours who work at nearby hospital appeared at their door and were laughing but thanked me.
People are just a little miserable where I live but I always give them all a big smile and just keep walking.
I think I will get the big cooking pot out tonight and bang on it with the wooden spoon that will be fun.

Smileless2012 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:32:45

That sounds like a plan 3nanny, make as much noise as you can and put the miseries to shamesmile.

Smileless2012 Fri 03-Apr-20 09:17:45

Morning everyone. I had a little cry earlier when the BBC was showing people all over the country clapping for all those who are keeping us and our country going.

One of our girls opened her bedroom window with a big grin on her face and called out "what's all this noise, we're trying to sleep". It was lovely to see her and I told her I was clapping for her and her partnersmile. She didn't close the window until the clapping finished.

Hope you're all OK especially you PF and your DHflowersx

Smileless2012 Fri 03-Apr-20 10:43:09

Mr. Motivator is on the BBC at the moment and I suggested we get Mr. S. a similar outfit; he said "good grief"; don't think he'll go for itsadgrin

Starblaze Fri 03-Apr-20 11:58:06

Daily exercise is a huge blessing right now isn't it? Really works out the stress.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion