Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Best example of how to estrange a partner from family?

(55 Posts)
Namsnanny Fri 17-Jan-20 03:18:00

Sorry to drag the royals into this forum especially as they are all over GN, but does any one see Megan's (nee Markle) behaviour as a classic example of estrangement?

Mirroring, play the victim, isolate, engulf, control (last move) discard (if necessary).

She gives me the shivers she's so good at it.

Starlady Sun 19-Jan-20 12:52:27

That's a good question, rose. It seems to me the parents are staying out of it, except that, of course, Charles was at that meeting w/ Elizabeth, I believe. Maybe he had something to say there.

It does seem this is more GM's/GMIL's issue than the parents', but maybe that's b/c she's the Queen. Or maybe the Royal Family is trying to present a united front or is just expected to accept whatever the Queen decides, anyway.

Or perhaps the parents are keeping quiet b/c they think it's Harry's and Meghan's decision. If so, I think that's a good thing.

I feel for all involved and hope all is resolved and smoothed over. But it fascinates me how similar this is to parent/AC and IL issues we hear about here and among our own friends, etc.

Summerlove Sun 19-Jan-20 13:00:53

starlady Thank you for your levelheaded thoughtful posts. You have said what I have been thinking in a much kinder and more well thought out way then I could put to words.

Starlady Sun 19-Jan-20 13:44:09

Thanks, Summerlove!

ananimous Sun 26-Jan-20 22:17:38

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

This would be Megs song to narrate her life story: Bad Guy Billie Eilish

"I'm that bad type, make your mama mad type, make your girlfriend mad tight, might seduce your dad type, I'm the bad guy, duh."

What song depicts MM for you? wink