Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

What are people buying grandchildren for Christmas?

(130 Posts)
SFrncis Fri 18-Nov-16 10:56:35

So, I'm looking for a gift for my granddaughter for Christmas, and thought I'd see what everyone is getting for you own grandchildren... It may even inspire some ideas. I'm currently thinking of something to do with dolls, as she absolutely adores them!

So, what are you getting?

path20 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:53:27

Hurray!!!! Managed to buy a Hatchimal today from Tesco Direct.My DIL was frantically trying to get one as it was on Santa's list.Quite expensive but at £56.95 cheaper than anywhere else, if you kind find one that is.I'm sure it will bring a big smile on my little granddaughter's face on Christmas morning.

J52 Thu 24-Nov-16 14:36:40

Well done!

MagicWriter2016 Thu 24-Nov-16 23:31:19

My youngest daughter is a nightmare. She starts her Xmas shopping early and by the time we ask what her girls would like, she's bought everything! I wish she would just get them something big and leave the smaller bits and bobs for grannies and aunties to buy.

quizqueen Sat 26-Nov-16 09:25:48

My granddaughter can choose one thing she asks for (in the £20-£30 range) then her mum suggests a couple of things and I buy some things I want her to have. I probably spend about £80 but now there's a new baby I will spend a bit less on each. I buy things throughout the year at sales. I got a playmobil advent calendar half price and am making a 'nappy ' advent calendar for the baby!!! I usually get books, activity sticker/craft packs, clothes, older style dvds like Pollyanna, smaller unusual toys etc. I need to buy a new high chair (I foolishly left my first one in the garage and it went mouldy!) for use at my house so I include that cost in the presents