Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Children or G.children - who do you care for most?

(82 Posts)
Franbern Sat 07-Oct-17 15:16:31

Am I the ONLY Mother/GrandMother who does not love her g.children more than she loves her own children. I am fortunate in that all my g.children were planned and much loved. I do love them - as an extension of the love for their Mums (only my daughters have children).
When my first g.child was born and people kept asking me about him, all I could think was that I had had the most beautiful wonderful babies in the world - and that nothing could ever equal those.
I hear and read of other g.parents who seem to be totally OTT regarding their g.children, and often there seems to be a not very good relationship with their own offspring.
When I visit /am visited the person I am most anxious to see and to speak to is my own child. Fortunately, my daughters accept this (with amusement).
I am always there to help out with g.children and attend school concerts, sports comps, etc. etc. And am delighted when they do well.
But, TBH - as long as my own children (however old they are) are happy, then I am happy, and if my g.children assist in making them happy then that bubble of love will extend to them also. But never as much as the way I love my own kids.

Chewbacca Wed 11-Oct-17 00:19:20

No one here will slag you off nannynoo. I hope all goes well with you and your DGS. sad

BlueBelle Wed 11-Oct-17 06:19:00

Gosh Nannymoo we all do it, get interested in a subject and totally forget the nasty way this is passed around
Don’t leave change your name

Maggiemaybe Wed 11-Oct-17 08:09:28

nannynoo, no one is going to blame you for anything. We’re all behind you, and I hope Admin can sort this out without you having to leave. flowers

mcem Wed 11-Oct-17 08:50:26

How sad you've been left feeling this way.
Approach GNHQ. Change your name. Be very circumspect when you post again. Given the chance, those who offered much-needed support will continue to do that. Those who know your story will pick up on a few subtle hints.
So many well-wishers - don't act hastily and lose their support.

Beau Wed 11-Oct-17 12:59:13

It's only on Mail Online and they have only done a screenshot of 5 responses. Only 55 people have commented (often 2,000 or more comments are recorded for big stories) and the last comment was 5 hours ago. I am a regular on Mail Online and this has gone practically unnoticed so no-one should panic.

Madgran77 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:02:44

When I looked at Mail online Nannynoo was not mentioned in the bits published so I am a bit confused as to whether I have missed part of the article. Either way I am also somewhat surprised that it can be circulated as a screen shot or whatever - with GN names, a opposed to just quotes without attributing