Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Welcome to new members

(944 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 16-Sep-15 14:24:57

If you're new to Gransnet please do make yourself a brew and come introduce yourself on this thread. Hope you enjoy chatting in the forums and that you find it useful, informative, supportive and entertaining. smile

shysal Sun 12-Mar-17 07:00:56

Hello and welcome, lilypollen flowers. I am a technonumpty too. I think you will find GN easy when you get used to it. Enjoy!

lilypollen Mon 13-Mar-17 17:51:28

Thank you! I'm sure there will be plenty of help available if asked for.

kezia Tue 14-Mar-17 21:43:01

I've been lurking for a while and posted very occasionally but I've just found out that DD and family are off to Cyprus for the next couple of years and they will probably be leaving by mid May. It's a great adventure for them - dgs1 will start school out there and dgs2 will start nursery - they are all very outdoorsy and will love the lifestyle. But I think I might need some support from others who know what it's like to wave them off with a big smile and a heavy heart smilesad

Mo1504 Wed 15-Mar-17 06:34:25

Joined a few days ago, after thinking about it for a couple of years! It's comforting to know that a lot of us have similar problems, it helps to get things in perspective. ?

rosesarered Wed 15-Mar-17 08:38:51

Welcome to the forum kezia and Mo hope you will enjoy posting comments and reading them..... smile

Karanlouise Wed 15-Mar-17 10:45:52

Hello and welcome to kezia and mo. Hope you enjoy gransnet. smile

shysal Wed 15-Mar-17 16:32:41

Hello and welcome to the latest newbies flowers. I look forward to reading your future contributions. Enjoy!

Mapleleaf Fri 17-Mar-17 20:47:15

Hello, like Mo1504, I'm new to posting on gransnet but have been lurking for well over a year and thinking of joining for just about the same length of time. Looking forward to being part of the gang!
Not sure how to get bold text using my iPad - maybe a knowledgeable gransnetter can help me with that one! (I'm not the best with technology!) So apologies to Mo1504 for not putting your name in bold text to highlight it in my text.
Looking forward to joining in with threads smile.

Hypericum Fri 17-Mar-17 23:52:10

Hello
I joined recently and I have already found this site so useful to chat with people with similar interests.

shysal Sat 18-Mar-17 10:34:17

Hello, Hypericum, hope you are as sunny and bright as your name! Welcome. flowers

Welcome also to you, Mapleleaf flowers Is there a Canadian connection? To find the asterisk for before and after word for bold type, assuming ipod is similar to my Samsung tablet, the symbols are on the 2nd or 3rd page for the on screen keyboard.

Karanlouise Sat 18-Mar-17 17:59:38

Hello and welcome to Hypericum and Mapleleaf, hope you enjoy gransnet.smile

Orphanides Sun 19-Mar-17 10:26:53

Hi, just joined. Been grandmother for 10 years and have 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters (from elder daughter). Retired 3 years ago and had childminding duties since then... novelty wearing off now!? Will come to an end this summer when youngest GC starts full time education (GC are 10, 6, 4). Although I welcome being in control of my life and having quality time with the GC, do wonder what I'll do during the week!? Live on own with dog. Feel a little depressed at moment.

shysal Sun 19-Mar-17 10:48:19

Welcome Orphanides flowers. I Hope you feel more cheerful soon. I bet you will soon fill your days when you stop the childcare. You deserve some time for yourself. I too live on my own, with 2 cats. It is nice to have some furry company. If you aren't careful you will find Gransnet addictive and waste spend too much time reading the threads as I do.

Orphanides Sun 19-Mar-17 11:05:51

Thank you for your reply shysal ☺

Orphanides Sun 19-Mar-17 11:15:45

Trying out the asterisk shysal ... ha, works! Didn't know this ?

Mapleleaf Mon 20-Mar-17 17:20:26

Thank you for the welcome everyone.I've found the asterisk Shysal and pleased to see it works. Thanks for your help. No, there's no Canadian connection, I just like maples! ( I would like to visit Canada one of these days though - fancy the train journey across Canada. Maybe one day smile)

rosesarered Tue 21-Mar-17 10:25:26

Maple syrup! Mmmmm.smile
Welcome to all new Gransnetters.....don't forget to look at Gransnet local as well, for anyone who may live near you and want to meet up for coffee in RL.

grannylyn65 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:34:54

shysal I live alone with 2 cats, and after reading some forums I am glad, though some make me feel wistful !

grannylyn65 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:35:53

The lads !

shysal Wed 22-Mar-17 08:58:15

Grannylyn, your lads look lovely. There is no togetherness between my cats, when not teasing each other they live separate lives, I have only once got a photo of the two together! On the whole I enjoy living alone, I have become used to doing what I want when I want, which is great! smile

Karanlouise Thu 23-Mar-17 18:35:01

Hello Granylyn65 nice to meet you and the lads. Lovely photo, they looking very content. smile

Karanlouise Thu 23-Mar-17 18:36:13

Oops should of said "they look very content" blush smile

MOlly12 Sun 26-Mar-17 18:05:44

Just joined today and have enjoyed reading other people's problems, makes me realise how lucky I am.

shysal Sun 26-Mar-17 18:18:02

How right you are MOlly12! I often count my blessings when I read of others' health and relationship problems. I hope you will enjoy the light hearted side of GN too. Welcome flowers!

Nonnanue Sun 26-Mar-17 22:49:21

Hi there beautiful Grans. I joined a couple of weeks ago and just found this forum.

Hope you all had a wonderful day. flowers