Gransnet forums

Health

I feel awful they are sending an ambulance.

(95 Posts)
Starblaze Mon 16-Dec-19 22:51:16

I've probably only pulled something or maybe it's just terrible indigestion. I got a bit tipsy earlier and ate too much. They said they have to send an ambulance for any chest pain. I feel awful wasting their time as they said it will be a while and there must be people who need it more. Don't know what to do with myself while I wait.

dragonfly46 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:32:33

Hope you are okay Starblaze

endlessstrife Tue 17-Dec-19 10:41:33

Good grief, I hope she didn’t do what elastic suggested!

Hithere Tue 17-Dec-19 11:53:30

I hope you are feeling better

Thinking of you

gillybob Tue 17-Dec-19 11:55:18

Just come across this thread and hope starblaze is okay . I pity her the visit to A&E though . x

Marydoll Tue 17-Dec-19 12:01:13

The same thing happened to me and I kept apologising to the paramedic and ambulance crew sent by the 111 staff.
I ended up in Coronary Care with a previously undiagnosed heart condition.
Better safe than sorry. It saved my life.

I hope you are ok.

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 14:32:34

Just pepped to see if there was any news.

Where is Starblaze? Could she be in hospital on a ward? I will check some other threads to see if she about.

I hope she’s okay.

annep1 Tue 17-Dec-19 14:38:37

That must be very worrying Lisagran. flowers

Jane10 Tue 17-Dec-19 15:13:56

Any news yet?

felice Tue 17-Dec-19 15:24:59

I hope she has not read the other thread about wasting time in A&E and is too upset to post anything. Bit of bad timing there I think.

GagaJo Tue 17-Dec-19 15:30:15

I'm assuming she is unwell. I REALLY hope it's nothing worse. I've been worrying since last night.

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 15:31:05

I never thought of that felice. It’s unfortunate timing really.

Just seems strange not to hear back from her (yet).

Nandalot Tue 17-Dec-19 16:18:38

Just seen this thread. Hope all went well, Starblaze.

merlotgran Tue 17-Dec-19 18:01:32

I'm not going to apologise for the timing of my thread because there is no comparison.

People who ring for an ambulance are assessed by paramedics who make the decision whether or not the patient needs to be admitted to hospital. If this is the case, all the initial checks and procedures are carried out either at home or in the ambulance. These people are not time wasters.

I hope Starblaze is OK and if she was admitted is recovering and will soon be able to let us know how she is. She would have been in good hands as soon as the ambulance crew arrived.

elastic Tue 17-Dec-19 18:07:09

No "bad timing" at all. hmm The two situations have nothing to do with each other.

elastic Tue 17-Dec-19 18:08:43

Getting tipsy and eating too much is not a fact I would want to broadcast. Hence my less than sympathetic post.

kittylester Tue 17-Dec-19 18:31:32

Crikey, elastic, its Christmas. Maybe starblaze had been to a Christmas party. Have you never overindulge?

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 18:56:51

You’re right of course merlotgran. I phrased that badly.

Treebee Tue 17-Dec-19 19:10:33

While my Mum was on the phone for an ambulance, her husband, mid stroke, shouted that he didn’t want one. So the ambulance control person said they couldn’t send one if the patient didn’t want it. Thankfully someone must have reassessed the call and sent one, manned by two girls not strong enough to lift him so a second had to come. Again thankfully, he’s now recovering in hospital.

annep1 Tue 17-Dec-19 22:10:37

Elastic that is very harsh..what a way to think!

Mollymalone6 Tue 17-Dec-19 22:41:11

Elastic, are you clutching your pearls and pouting your cats bum mouth?

M0nica Tue 17-Dec-19 23:00:55

Starblaze Hope it is nothing serious, or a worst something that can be dealt with.

Hope to hear from you soon

CoolioC Wed 18-Dec-19 08:00:08

I have a feeling from another thread that “she” as some are referring could be a “he”!

There may be overindulgence at a Xmas party?

craftyone Wed 18-Dec-19 08:04:32

overeating can put a big strain on the heart, elastic. Hope the op is ok

elastic Wed 18-Dec-19 08:54:55

Love your style Mollymalone6. grin Very high class.

Persistentdonor Wed 18-Dec-19 09:22:23

When I had my heart attack, while sitting reading after a normal hectic day, I was told in A&E it was the slowing down which allowed the blood to stop pushing through.

As such, movement probably is preferable to resting. tchhmm

Also, anyone waiting for an ambulance while alone, must make sure to have the front unlocked.

Bit of a worry we haven't heard from the OP yet.