Gransnet forums

Health

I feel awful they are sending an ambulance.

(95 Posts)
Starblaze Mon 16-Dec-19 22:51:16

I've probably only pulled something or maybe it's just terrible indigestion. I got a bit tipsy earlier and ate too much. They said they have to send an ambulance for any chest pain. I feel awful wasting their time as they said it will be a while and there must be people who need it more. Don't know what to do with myself while I wait.

M0nica Thu 19-Dec-19 17:51:15

Starblaze I am so glad you are home and diagnosed and treatment seems straight forward.

Relax now and leave Christmas to others to organise for you.

BlueBelle Thu 19-Dec-19 17:54:17

Glad you’re ok Starblaze and they know what it is and it’s treatable
Have a lovely if quiet Christmas

merlotgran Thu 19-Dec-19 17:56:45

Glad you're OK starblaze. SVT can be very scary. Hopefully they'll do some tests to find out what sets it off.

Make sure you rest!!

annep1 Thu 19-Dec-19 18:58:03

So glad to hear from you Starblaze. Take it easy and hope everything goes well with your treatment.
As someone said you did the right thing ringing for an ambulance. Always better safe than sorry.x

Grannyben Thu 19-Dec-19 19:31:29

Another one here sending good wishes. I've been checking for updates so very pleased you're back home

Mollymalone6 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:38:15

Starblaze that is good news!! Please take care and make sure you get all the attention and care you deserve. ?

Treebee Thu 19-Dec-19 19:51:23

Good news Starblaze. Take care and have a peaceful Christmas.

Luckygirl Thu 19-Dec-19 20:38:31

So.....no need to feel awful!

So glad that you have a diagnosis and that a treatment plan is in place for you.

I hope you are able to enjoy your Christmas. Lots of good wishes.

Callistemon Thu 19-Dec-19 20:54:43

I had to Google SVT attack too but now realise that I know more than one or two people who have had this.
They are fine after treatment and monitoring.

Have a peaceful Christmas.

nanaK54 Thu 19-Dec-19 21:02:16

That must have been very scary for you, sending kindest thoughts

gillybob Thu 19-Dec-19 21:02:37

Thank goodness you are home and (relatively) okay Starblaze and thank you for popping back to let us all know. I hope you are feeling a bit better soon. x

GagaJo Thu 19-Dec-19 21:08:34

So glad you're OK! We were all very worried about you. XX

SueDonim Thu 19-Dec-19 21:16:42

Sorry you’ve been so unwell! I hope you’re feeling better soon. flowers

mrswoo Thu 19-Dec-19 22:13:58

I’m so glad you are back home Starblaze Thanks for letting us know you’re ok.
Never be anxious about calling an ambulance if you have chest pain ~ even if it does eventually turn out to be indigestion. I spent a whole day drinking fizzy drinks to ease what I thought was indigestion and at the same time complaining about the pain in my left arm. When DH eventually persuaded me to let him take me to our local hospital an ECG diagnosed that I was having a heart attack - I then had to wait for an ambulance to blue light me to another hospital some distance away which had a coronary care unit. Had I rung for an ambulance in the first instance I would’ve been taken straight to the second hospital and my treatment started sooner. ( incidentally, the care I received from both hospitals was outstanding)

Nandalot Fri 20-Dec-19 15:49:56

You did the right thing about the ambulance and now you know what the problem is and it is going to be sorted. Wishing you well for your future treatment.

FlyingFree Fri 20-Dec-19 19:26:19

@Starblaze, your lovely thread for estranged children really helped me, I wanted to say thank you and I am glad you are being helped for your heart troubles ❤️

Starblaze Sat 21-Dec-19 12:19:07

Thank you everyone

Starblaze Tue 24-Dec-19 16:13:45

Just a quick update to say I am adjusting to the medication OK and feeling a bit better in myself. Not sure if I am enjoying the forced feet up, would much rather be helping get things done. Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve.

Jane10 Tue 24-Dec-19 16:36:56

Thanks for update Starblaze enjoy having your feet up. You'll be back to normal soon. It's been a big fright for you.