Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 6

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:02:31

Well we have reached another 1000 posts so time for another thread. Welcome.

Joce345 Sat 23-May-20 20:05:52

Evening all
Annie I love the poem, My shadow,

Hope everyone is doing ok

Nonnie, Dawn, Doodle, Lavender, Flutterbyl,

whywhy hope you are doing ok.

Hope I’ve not missed anyone...

Dawn22 Sat 23-May-20 20:38:31

I just popped in to say Hello as l have not been in for a long time.

There l saw my name just above from Joce and thank you very dearly for thinking of me. ??

Hope everyone is getting through this- bit by bit and day by day.

Someone said to me to look for the buried treasure in each day.

Dawn xx

Doodle Sat 23-May-20 20:43:27

Hi dawn nice to hear from you. Hope you are getting on ok.
joce hope you are ok too. ?

Joce345 Sun 24-May-20 10:27:07

I really need a hug today.
Hope everyone’s doing ok today..

Nonnie Sun 24-May-20 12:10:40

I still have my Child's Garden of Verses alongside my Lavenders Blue.

joce virtual hug from me.

Nothing much going on with me today. Hope everyone else is managing.

Doodle Sun 24-May-20 12:16:12

joce of course you can have a hug ?. Has something happened or are you just a bit down in the dumps? ?
Hello nonnie and annie . Hope everyone is ok.

Joce345 Sun 24-May-20 13:23:55

Thank you Nonnie and Doodle.. things just too much today errrr bloody virus... when’s will it all end.. sorry for the rant.. but thanks for being there xx

Anniebach Sun 24-May-20 13:51:25

Hi and hugs to all x

The virus is causing much stress and anxiety, anyone want to
say what is causing the most of these ?

I listened to the singer Will Young being interviewed on mental health problems, he has problems with going out and
he said for him lockdown was permission to stay in so no
problem with it, I certainly could relate to that,

I can think - I want to see people, ride Fred around the Cul de
Sac etc, but have to except Wales is still in lockdown, don’t
have to work on doing it.

For me the stress is needing to wash a duvet but can’t because
of my hands, carpets not been vacuumed for 10 weeks, and
those washing those damn bottles.

Doodle Sun 24-May-20 20:06:02

For us it’s the not walking I think. Because DH is on the list of shielded patients he is not allowed out at all. He has high BP, heart problems and has peripheral vascular disease and has had strokes. Walking every day helps the pain in his legs and keeps him fit and healthy. He usually walks 3 or 4 miles a day. Since lockdown he has not been outside the front door at all. We are both worried about what this is doing to his blood circulation and his health in general. On the other hand, because of his blood cancer, his immune system is affected. So it is too dangerous to take chances. Sort of like being between a rock and a hard place as they say.

Anniebach Sun 24-May-20 21:24:50

Doodle. You really have cause to be stressed and very anxious, is there any possibility of your local NHS physiotherapy dept loaning a treadmill ?

I just checked the site of a firm which hires them out, there is
a waiting list. I suppose many have the need for one.

Doodle Sun 24-May-20 21:31:20

annie that’s a really good idea and one we would take up if we lived in our own home. Living in a flat we have to consider the noise impact on our neighbours and I think a treadmill would be too noisy. We have got a set of kitchen steps (two steps) which he uses to climb up and down and also we do a 15 minute oldies video exercise so he is getting some workout. He just misses his walks so much and it helps keep the blood flowing in his legs. He is due to have a telephone appt with his consultant in a couple of weeks and he is going to talk to her then about going out for walks. We figure if we go in the evening there won’t be too many people out.
So kind of you to think of him. ?

Anniebach Sun 24-May-20 22:01:36

Doodle he must miss his walks, the fresh air as well as the need to exercise, I so hope you will both be able to have an
evening walk soon, x

Anniebach Mon 25-May-20 10:28:02

Hi all x

How is everyone coping ?

lavenderzen Mon 25-May-20 20:23:43

Hello everyone, just catching up with the posts on here.

Annie thank you so much for understanding and support xx

Joyce hugs and lots of them, from me too. It does seem endless doesn't it but we will get through it and you will see your darling grandchildren and be able to look after them again xx I know how much you miss them.

Doodle I hope your husband's consultant can help and you will be able to have a walk together xx

Nonnie and Dawn thinking of you and everyone else who I have missed.

Have a peaceful evening everyone, take care and stay safe. Good night and God bless xx

Doodle Mon 25-May-20 21:06:29

Hello all. Hope everyone is ok.
I spent an hour or so last night laying on the kitchen floor watching water drip out of the waste pipes and trying to decide what was leaking. We now know the main kitchen sink has developed a leak and is unusable. Not quite sure what to do. Don’t really want anyone coming in but can’t carry on like this and if we did allow someone in, are plumbers working at the moment? We will think about it again tomorrow.
It’s so lovely outside at the moment. Wish we could go for a walk. Strangely though I am getting used to being inside.
annie I hope you haven’t spent all day bottle washing. Wish you could go and sit in your garden. Hope your neighbour isn’t causing problems.
Take care all. x

Anniebach Mon 25-May-20 21:42:59

lavender hope you feel less distressed after your ordeal in
the supermarket x

Doodle no kitchen sink, a problem you certainly don’t need
now. I don’t know how things are in England, we are still in
lockdown in Wales. Do you know anyone who works in building ? They may be able to advise a plumber who would
be understanding of your concerns x

Joce345 Tue 26-May-20 09:37:20

Doodle hope this help.. my friend had to have a plumber in, didn’t want to but he had all the protective stuff on..
still down this morning hope it lifts soon.
Have a peaceful day all x

whywhywhy Tue 26-May-20 10:00:26

Hi all. I’m still around and just waiting for a van to become available and the go signal and I am moving! Fed up with it now and the last few days have especially trying. My friends far away have been fantastic and I just want to get out of here. Cried a lot yesterday and thankfully the husband stays out of the house most of the time, feck knows where he goes, but hey I dont care. It’s is more peaceful with him out of the way. Take care all my lovely friends and I will keep you all posted. Sending love and hugs. X

Nonnie Tue 26-May-20 10:57:49

Doodle It is not just the walking, it is the lack of fresh air and the feeling that you can't do things which is so hard. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to get exercise so congratulate yourselves on that. I'm wondering if Age Concern could help you with plumbing advice? I think local authorities also have help lines at the moment.

Yesterday I sent out a group email asking for prayers for support for out very difficult day tomorrow. This morning I have lovely emails of support and some have asked their churches to pray too. We are very blessed. If any of you feel you can do the same we will really appreciate it. Think we may have a prayer storm.

I pray for the gang every night because that seems to be the only thing I can do to help.

Doodle Tue 26-May-20 11:13:58

Thank you all for the helpful advice. We will start looking into it this week. Managing so far with a washing up bowl and emptying it elsewhere. We wouldn’t be so worried if we lived in a house but in a flat you have to be so careful the water does not leak down below.
why glad your move is getting closer. Good you have friends to help.
nonnie praying all goes well for you tomorrow.
annie hope you are ok x

Anniebach Tue 26-May-20 12:20:31

Hi all x

Joyce sorry the depression is still hovering, x

whywhy your so near now, hang on in there x

nonnie you are in my thoughts and prayers x

Doodle do phone age concern , Age Cymru telephone me
every morning to check if I am in need of anything, they may
give you a name and phone number, also try social services,
they are going to sort out my front path being made safe -
when I can get my wheelchair. X

I have 60 bottles to wash today , !

lavenderzen Tue 26-May-20 18:17:28

Hello everyone xx

Hope you are all coping as best you can through these difficult times.

Hope you have managed to find a plumber Doodle, I was lucky a week or two ago when I needed help with my washing machine, a lovely local young man came along to put things to right. He was in and out very quickly and I didn't feel worried at all.

Joyce I hope you are feeling better today, we are all here for you xx

Why your light is getting nearer, I wish you all the best with your move.

Dearest Annie hope you are ok. Those blessed bottles, I wish I was near I would do them for you.

Nonnie a prayer for you this evening. Hope all goes well.

Wishing you all dear friends a peaceful evening, stay safe, take care, sleep well xx

Doodle Tue 26-May-20 20:13:34

Hi all. No plumber yet. Been washing up with a bowl at the moment which is working ok. Bit worried about getting someone in with DH being shielded so may wait till he has spoken to his consultant to see if she thinks DH can go out.
nonnie hope things are ok.
annie those bottles! Wish we could help.
lavender hope you are ok and your daughter too.

Anniebach Tue 26-May-20 21:24:42

lavender how are you ? I wish you were near to help with
the bottles ?. I didn’t do them today, sooooo they are still
stuck in the hall.

Doodle I think a wise decision, hope you can manage
with the bowl, less stress than having a plumber in until the
appointment with the consultant .

Heard of this so googled it x

youtu.be/xNaRwHcG9R4

Doodle Tue 26-May-20 21:31:25

annie I saw that on the day. ? I find the Dean Of Canterbury a lovely and interesting speaker. I listen to his morning prayers every day. He usually has one of his cats with him. I think he has about 4. Sometimes he sits in the chicken coop with the chickens or in the nature garden with the pigs. He is interested in so many things and a lovely speaker. Such a kind nice voice. Have you ever heard him?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion