Gransnet forums

House and home

Cordless vacuum cleaners

(58 Posts)
HappyGran Sun 23-Jun-13 14:06:51

I didn't know anything about cordless vacuum cleaners, but after reading lots of good reviews have just ordered one from QVC. It's on Today's Special Value so is at a special price just for today.

They seem so light and will be easy to carry around, it will seem strange re-charging it after using a conventional one all these years. Do anyone have one - how have you found it compared to the usual cleaners?

sherish Wed 02-Jul-14 07:27:16

We have the G Tech ones, both the upright and the hand one. They are absolutely brilliant. They pick up cat hairs plus all the usual dust etc no problem. When you switch them on there's no effort to push them around as they seem to go by themselves. We took our other vacuum cleaner to the dump recently as we won't use it again.

I would highly recommend these vacs. (I don't work for the company, I just clean my own house!)

squaredog Thu 03-Jul-14 22:58:00

I've had the Dyson DC44 for a few weeks now. My dominant arm is still in plaster, and I can STILL whip round the house with it with one arm.

Goes from floor to carpet with no help from me, and as the old ad used to say, "beats as it sweeps as it cleans".

Not cheap, but I certainly won't be returning to a conventional vac.

Flippin brilliant if you ask me.......

Coolgran65 Thu 03-Jul-14 23:17:59

i got the dc44 about 4 months ago and have used nothing else since. Love it, plenty of charge for what is needed. Brilliant. smile

annodomini Thu 03-Jul-14 23:56:34

I love my Dyson DC44. It doesn't hurt my back or shoulders to use it and a charge is plenty for my small house.

vacuumcarpetgeek Wed 23-Aug-17 10:37:08

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HildaW Wed 23-Aug-17 10:58:11

Have just updated my GTECH for the new pet GTECH K9. Wow thought the old one was good but this is great. So light and efficient with led lighting that shows you all the dust under the bed! We actually visited their showrooms on the edge of Worcester where they have all their products....very interesting and a friendly bunch of enthusiastic staff.

callgirl1 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:39:56

I love my Gtech, it`s the 2nd one they brought out, and the little hand one, the Gtech Multi, is brilliant, the handiest thing I`ve ever bought. Only one problem..............I keep forgetting to put them on charge!