Gransnet forums

News & politics

Why are we leaving?

(390 Posts)
yggdrasil Thu 05-Oct-17 08:49:38

This vid says a lot. Especially why the EU finds our government's attitude so incomprehensible

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgu6pFz5oxA

(it is about 8 mins long)

Lyndie Thu 05-Oct-17 16:59:52

It's not just about hard facts. I realize It's also about emotions. The way we want to be. How we feel. Our life experiences.

petra Thu 05-Oct-17 17:00:40

Ive read about the Coudenhove Kalergi plan, very scary.

durhamjen Thu 05-Oct-17 17:01:24

The veto could not be withdrawn. However, if we change our minds and vote to stay in you can bet we will not have such favourable terms.

petra Thu 05-Oct-17 17:30:27

when the veto is withdrawn
The eu have been threatening Hungary for yonks now but nothing happens, why is that? I think most of us know why wink

adaunas Thu 05-Oct-17 18:01:59

The rules at the outset were among other things, that you had to have a certain level of finance before you could join. Originally only the UK, Germany and Italy met the criteria -oh sorry, France just scraped in. Whatever happened to that? Some of the countries that joined have never been at that level - think of the bale-outs that have been sought.

Welshwife Thu 05-Oct-17 18:06:46

The CK plan sounds as if it written by the KKK !!

Azie09 Thu 05-Oct-17 18:37:45

Noticing that it's the usual rant developing on this thread, the one unbacked by evidence but verging on hysteria and declaring people unpatriotic if they disagree with the 'make Britain great again' mantra, I'll just point out that if you do your research properly you'll see that the Coudenhove Kalergi plan is a conspiracy theory based on the work of a right wing theorist who died 45 years ago.

As Churchill said 'the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter'.

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 18:51:35

I see that WTO rules are finally hitting Home. Not before time-prior to the seeing the light Brexiters like to say it was project fear. Not so cocky now are they?

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:15:59

Yes, Coudenhove-Kalergi plan is very scarey, Welshwife. In his book Practical Idealism 1924
he stated, "The man of the future will be a mongrel. The people of Europe should interbreed with Asians and other non-white races, to create a multiracial population, with not a clear sense of tradition of identity and therefore easily controlled by the ruling elite.
The idea to create a European superstate will be done slowly and incrementally in small steps so as not to alarm the public.

Coudenhove was behind the EU ideal, Europe Day, the Eu anthem
and influenced the design of the EU flag. He has a postage stamp commemorating him in Austria, yet we never hear of him and his book is banned in Germany. Why??
Every two years there is a Kalergi prize, officially known as The Charlemagne Prize is given to the person who has contributed most to European "Unification".
Previous winners are Angela Merkel, Herman Van Rompuy and (rub their faces in multiculturalism) Tony Blair.
The Eu is trying to carry out the greatest genocide in history, of all Europeans.

durhamjen Thu 05-Oct-17 19:20:54

There's no such race as European, therefore you cannot commit European genocide.

ck33 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:23:41

whoawww! These Europeans are really evil....I understand now!

durhamjen Thu 05-Oct-17 19:25:46

A debate about Brexit on Channel 4. They have just said that they have spent weeks trying to get a Tory to come on the programme, but nobody will. It's a panel of remainers.

durhamjen Thu 05-Oct-17 19:27:57

They are trying to kill us all, ck33. Even the Brits are Europeans, so everybody tells us.
Are they going to kill my Spanish and Danish family first?

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:42:25

Nobody said anything about killing people!!

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:43:40

Ok Durhamjen! The people of Europe then!!!

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 19:44:20

bam grin I assume you are not serious.

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:47:13

ck33 it's not European people involved, it's politicians! I never said European people are evil. The plan, if it works is evil.
Get that chip off your shoulder.

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 19:49:30

bam you seem to be a tad muddled.

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:49:51

Yes! Very serious!

Bambam Thu 05-Oct-17 19:50:50

Why!

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 19:54:36

bam have you heard of White Revival?

durhamjen Thu 05-Oct-17 19:57:08

Bambam, isn't genocide killing people?
The 'cide' gives it away.
Suicide= killing oneself
Genocide= killing a race.

ck33 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:59:05

If politicians are so evil...why do you trust the ones who told you Brexit was a great idea?... I don t get it . Seriously!

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 20:05:30

Anyone seen the FT report that outlines how Trump is objecting to the UK trying to negotiate a deal with the EU after Brexit?

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 20:06:27

It gets worse. German business is preparing for an over the cliff Brexit