Gransnet forums

News & politics

If a 'Salisbury' type incident occurs after Brexit....

(87 Posts)
M0nica Mon 26-Mar-18 18:29:09

....will EU countries be as willing to support us as they have today, most of them expelling Russian 'diplomats'?

I know NATO countries are supporting us and the US, but to know that the EU is acting so fast to support a fellow member when under threat is something we may be without if it happens again.

whitewave Tue 03-Apr-18 16:44:29

Looks as if Johnson has been lying again, but of course we know he has history of telling porkies. Hasn’t he lied to parliament in the past?

pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ3BVc1WsAASf6U?format=jpg

whitewave Tue 03-Apr-18 16:46:19

Wrong link sorry

I’ll redo it

pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ3jYZZW4AIQsgM?format=jpg

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 07:58:38

Well,well,well

Does Johnson ever tell the truth?

Part of the norms of the democratic process is that those in charge can be trusted to tell the truth

Johnson must be sacked.

May won’t though because she is too weak, or does not have the moral conviction one or the other.

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 08:04:22

What Johnson should have said

“The basis of an allegation has to be based on evidence. We need cool heads”

The person who said this was accused of being a Russian spy grin

lemongrove Wed 04-Apr-18 09:02:27

Nothing has changed at all...... there was never direct proof of who used the nerve agent.We know it was from the Novichok type which originally came from Russia, we know that Russia likes to poison it’s ex spies in other countries,
And we know that the victim ( one of them) is an ex Russian spy.
The head of Porton Down cannot be specific because he doesn’t know and can never know.All the intelligence points to Putin.

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 09:07:26

You are clearly not aware of Johnson’s interview with a German publication, in which he blatantly lied.

But really there should be no surprise at Johnson lying, he has plenty of history.

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 09:52:38

Here you are lemons this might help

pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ7GaVaXUAImNNA?format=jpg

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 12:59:31

Lies, lies lies

pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ70hA0WkAEYzRj?format=jpg

paddyann Wed 04-Apr-18 13:27:53

If this guy is/was a double agent isn't there the possibility that HE was taking the nerve agent somewhere to use it? Accidents happen even to spies .
My bets still on the good old UK government using it to cover their tracks for something else ....

whitewave Wed 04-Apr-18 13:42:14

Are we sure it was the nerve agent as stated? I thought it was impossible to recover from it.

lemongrove Thu 05-Apr-18 21:51:43

paddyann.....are you a Russian citizen by any chance?
Or just playing the same old SNP game of ‘my enemies enemy is my friend’ ?