Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Brexit Party

(611 Posts)
Firecracker123 Tue 14-May-19 15:08:33

A Party Political Broadcast on behalf of The Brexit Party is on BBC1
tonight 18.55pm.

Firecracker123 Thu 23-May-19 14:07:32

Nonnie that's how popular The Brexit Party is ?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 14:28:37

I see that another extension will be needed next October. Brussels is preparing for the request from the U.K.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 14:31:49

There are loads of reports coming in about EU nationals not being able to vote, being stopped by high handed twerps. That will undoubtedly be taken up by Brussels and so it should.

This is just one of hundreds of reports
twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/1131501540575916032

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 14:36:15

More

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/european-elections-eu-citizens-polling-card-station-vote-a8927016.html

Dinahmo Thu 23-May-19 15:26:48

GG54 - onnie wrote that the man who gave her the voting paper tried to influence her vote. Canvassers do not hand out voting papers.

mcem Thu 23-May-19 15:52:05

So firecracker you read a post from nonnie who clearly saw a polling clerk breach the rules and you condone that by saying it proves the popularity of NF and co?
Typical of the questionable morals of the typical brexit supporter?
Or are you unique in displaying that immorality?

lemongrove Thu 23-May-19 16:00:13

We don’t know what another poster claims to have seen and it’s allegedly seen, not a matter of pure fact!
We can claim any old thing we like on here, posters don’t have to take it as gospel.

lemongrove Thu 23-May-19 16:02:22

EU nationals who couldn’t vote probably had not filled in papers by the right time, early May?Not everything is a conspiracy against the EU.?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 16:03:15

Wrong lemon please read the reports.

varian Thu 23-May-19 16:03:41

Remember that every vote for the brexit party is a vote for Vladimir Putin, not just for his " useful idiot" .

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 16:04:08

The electoral commission is receiving hundreds of calls.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 16:05:24

Who on earth votes for a corporate body that a) isn’t a political party and b) hasn’t a manifesto?

lemongrove Thu 23-May-19 16:06:44

I thought Comrade Corbyn was Putin’s ‘useful idiot’ !

Firecracker123 Thu 23-May-19 16:40:28

mcem another nasty snide remark to be expected I suppose but hey ho who cares.

varian Thu 23-May-19 16:43:43

Comrade Corbyn certainly seemed to like Russia in the 1970s. Do you think he might not know that it is no longer a communist country?

Putin supports brexit because it is key to his aim of weakening the EU in order to destabilise the West. I think Farage serves his purpose far better than Corbyn.

mcem Thu 23-May-19 16:58:44

Neither snide nor nasty. Simply pointing out that your lack of morals ( and elsewhere your lack of information) is hardly a comfort to those of us who think differently but who might yet end up suffering the ghastly NF.

paddyann Thu 23-May-19 17:01:35

are British nationals being allowed to vote on the continent? Can anyone confirm either way?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 17:02:45

Yes paddy of course, it is the law.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-May-19 17:03:26

I assume all voting for Farage would vote for him to be prime minister

MaizieD Thu 23-May-19 17:06:01

Yes, they are, paddyann..

EU citizens can vote where they are or in their country of origin. It's entirely their choice. They just have to make a declaration that they are not voting in any other country.

GabriellaG54 Fri 24-May-19 09:44:15

Dinahmo
Thanks...but I already knew that.
I found it incredible that anyone handing out voting papers, sitting in an area with other people doing the same job, would be foolish enough to openly make a remark encouraging the recipient to vote in a particular way.

varian Fri 24-May-19 10:09:28

Tellers for established political parties are carefully briefed about what is and is not allowed outside a polling station. For instance you may wear a coloured rosette, but not one with the name of a candidate, and you must under no circumstances try to influence anyone.

The so-called "Brexit Party" is not an established political party. It is a private company with a tiny number of actual members, although they recruited a lot of supporters and took their money without allowing them to become members with a say in anything. I think it is quite likely that some of these supporters acted as tellers yesterday without understanding the rules.

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 11:43:04

Another example of G54 unable to correctly read a post. He handed me the voting paper and made it abundantly clear he didn't approve of this vote and that we should vote for Brexit. That clearly makes him a Brexiter. I didn't say he was a canvasser, I made it clear what his job was.

Fire If you think that's funny you should be ashamed. How would you feel if you had been told to vote Green by the person handing you your paper?

lemon accusing me of being a liar is the bottom of the barrel from a Leaver. What have you sunk to? I saw on another thread that you didn't apologise after finding that EU voters had been denied their right. I see here you are still denying it.

All of the above demonstrate what we are dealing with here. People who twist everything and don't apologise when proved wrong.

Thanks to those who have stood up to defend me. I will add that there was a witness and the person visiting from the Council took it very seriously. Saying that it not permitted doesn't mean it didn't happen does it?

Is it against GN rules to call me a liar?

Whitewavemark2 Fri 24-May-19 11:45:16

Yes of course it is nonnie some people have history of those sort of posts though.

MaizieD Fri 24-May-19 11:47:17

Is it against GN rules to call me a liar?

Report the posts and you'll find out, Nonnie