Gransnet forums

News & politics

Wish Boris would actually do some work.

(85 Posts)
M0nica Fri 09-Aug-19 09:58:28

Every day since Boris was elected the papers have had photos of him dashing round the country, first this place then that. like a bouncing cheque. If it's Tuesday, it is probably Barrow.

Am I alone in wishing he would get back to No 10, sit down at a desk and do some work, on Brexit, NHS, the No 10 rose garden, for all I care, but actually get down to work and not display all the symptoms of chronic procrastination, by constantly putting off knuckling down to work by visiting yet another, school/hospital/prison in England/Ireland/Scotand/Wales/Timbuctu

varian Sat 31-Aug-19 18:48:07

If we get the chance, it would certainly be worth voting to get this lot out.

I hope that at the next election everyone who is shocked by the way these chancers and liars have usurped our democracy will vote tactically for the candidate most likely to beat the Tories.

If we were a proper democracy with proportional representation, we would never have to vote tactically, but under FPTP, needs must.

Callistemon Sat 31-Aug-19 18:51:22

but who would get in?
Milne, McCluskey?

growstuff Sat 31-Aug-19 21:05:53

They're not MPs.

Shoequeen53 Sat 31-Aug-19 21:32:48

Exactly, they’re not MPs. Nor is Cummings but he appears to be running the country at the moment.

lemongrove Sat 31-Aug-19 21:37:59

Callistemon I may well never vote again.?

Callistemon Sun 01-Sep-19 09:42:20

Exactly, growstuff, unelected but running the show!

varian Mon 02-Sep-19 08:08:15

Some people just love Boris Johnson. He's giving them exactly what they want.

twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1168198605867536385?s=09

Firecracker123 Mon 02-Sep-19 08:28:45

Perhaps she should change her name to Carol Codswallop ? because she talks a lot of it.

varian Mon 02-Sep-19 08:53:23

Carole Cadwalladr is an excellent investigative journalist who exposed the Cambridge Analytica scandal which is why leavers descend to calling names.

The video she posted is from Russian TV showing how much Putin and friends just love the fact that Boris Johnson is carrying out Putin's bidding and aiming for a chaotic brexit which will destabilise the West.