Gransnet forums

News & politics

How dare brexiteers jeopardise my daughter's life!!

(207 Posts)
mcem Mon 23-Sep-19 18:25:25

My daughter has serious chronic health problems.
After an ileostomy, she depends on drugs to keep her digestive system working.
She has serious kidney problems with resulting UTI's and so needs specific antibiotics. Her GP today, while prescribing for her latest UTI has given her several weeks worth of antibiotics as a precaution. She'll inevitably need them over the next few months so now has a reserve supply.
Meantime, her father (my ex husband but a good friend) is equally concerned about his diabetes med's.
One brexiteer declared in a vox pop interview last week that he is prepared to do without his insulin if it means brexit goes ahead!
Well tell that to my daughter's two children (9 and 10)!!
How can anyone in their right mind accept/condone the fact that it's becoming ever clearer that normal folks like my family may suffer badly because of their short-sighted and uncaring attitudes - and that's before we get into the economics, the dishonesty and the self-serving politics of this chaos!

mcem Sun 29-Sep-19 14:18:15

So BJ's derogatory words like humbug/capitulate etc used in the HoC against professional MPs are equivalent to expressions like Pollyanna?
Oh, I really am likely to foment trouble and incite riots with such an inflammatory comment.
Get a grip!
One dictionary definition - excessively or unrealistically optimistic and as far as I am cocerned that is appropriate.

Joelsnan Sun 29-Sep-19 14:30:29

mcem
I’d give up now before you reach Australia

Jane10 Sun 29-Sep-19 14:37:59

I haven't read the whole thread but it seems relevant to relay some info DH gathered yesterday. He met with the people who took over his company when he retired. This business relies on selling equipment that they have to import from EU companies. He was reassured to be told that the business was registered with a govt scheme re imports post brexit. In this scheme there will be no import duty payable for 12 months to allow systems to settle. There won't be any additional costs and they won't have to raise costs to customers.
Maybe not all businesses will be registered or eligible but its widely advertised. Obviously lots of brexit preparation going on quietly in the background.
Irrespective of outcome, people will still nerd to buy and sell goods of all types. They'll find a way!

mcem Sun 29-Sep-19 15:49:24

I suggest you direct that advice to pantglas.
After all, I have direct stake in this!

Pantglas2 Sun 29-Sep-19 16:27:06

Why mcem ? I’m not the one doing the disrespectful name calling and refusing to apologise.

Regardless I wish your family all the best with resolving your medical needs at this stressful time.

Summerlove Sun 29-Sep-19 17:02:12

I don’t disagree pantglas, but I also think calling something a Pollyanna view isn’t an insult any more than rise coloured glasses is.