Gransnet forums

News & politics

Deported to Jamaica before Windrush report

(261 Posts)
trisher Mon 10-Feb-20 18:10:28

50 people are being deported to Jamaica tomorrow, before the Windrush report is even published. Please sign to give them a chance to stay in the country many of them have grown up in
chng.it/Hs5vxhMtcv

Impartialandeducated Sun 16-Feb-20 11:55:21

Gagajo (pedantically refraining from the use of a capital letter in the middle of avword), congratulations on your concentration on aesthetics rather than substance. By the way, when I was at school, Jamaican was an adjective.

3nanny6 Sun 16-Feb-20 12:01:01

Trisher ; I have noticed on one of your websites about deportees there are two U.K brothers that have been living in Jamaica after overstaying in the country for 20 years.

I think they have had their fair share of trouble over there and now that they have finally been caught up with Jamaica is deporting them back to their country of birth the |U.K.
I do hope they are met with a warm welcome from all those jumping up and down and wanting justice for all when they arrive on British soil.

3nanny6 Sun 16-Feb-20 12:08:51

Maybe as Impartialandeducated has stated perhaps Trisher would be a help to those Jamaicans being repatriated, although the Jamaican High Commissioner may look upon her as being someone quite troubled and decide to deport her back to U.K.

trisher Sun 16-Feb-20 13:11:24

Iae proper nouns used as descriptions need a capital letter Capitalize words derived from proper nouns. For example:
I like English, but math is my favorite subject. (English is capitalized because it is derived from the proper noun England, while math is not capitalized because it is not derived from a proper noun.)
Just thinking I would love a holiday if the UK would pay to send me there and Jamaica pay for me to be sent back I wouldn't mind paying for a posh hotel!!

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 20:36:05

I don't like Jamaica...

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 20:36:16

...I love it!

MissAdventure Fri 21-Feb-20 20:51:47

I don't like reggae, yeah.
I love it!

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 20:57:40

@MissAdventure

Don't you walk thru my words, you got to show some respect,
don't you walk thru my words, cause you aint heard me out yet. wink

MissAdventure Fri 21-Feb-20 21:09:16