Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Johnson getting bored?

(207 Posts)
Daisymae Fri 28-Feb-20 13:42:50

It occurred to me yesterday that we have seen little of the PM in recent days. Not as if anything much is happening, what with serious flooding, an international health crisis and now the stock markets in freefall. I wondered if perhaps he is getting bored with the tedium of being PM? Before this weeks PMQs he has not been seen in public for 12 days. Perhaps is OK for him to be holed up in Chequers over the weekend? What do you think??

lemongrove Sun 08-Mar-20 17:28:37

jura au contraire, I think you do take pleasure in saying it.
You have no idea what may be done to help the North in the next few years.

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 17:37:38

I’m prepared take your word for it lemon as a Stan Laurel aficionado - I’ve not had the urge to watch one smile

Grany Tue 10-Mar-20 10:07:45

Dr Alex Gates
@dr_alex_gates
‘Perhaps we could take it on the chin and allow the disease to spread through the population’

Boris Johnson, 9th March 2020

not exactly words you hope to ever hear come out of your Prime Minister’s mouth.

SirChenjin Tue 10-Mar-20 10:17:06

Hopefully he’s now come to realise what an absolutely idiotic thing that was to say in March.

You have to worry about this man’s intelligence and critical thinking abilities.

varian Tue 10-Mar-20 14:37:55

We should already be worried that we have a known liar for PM.

Dorothy Byrne, who has been the head of Channel 4 news for 17 years pointed this out in her Mactaggart lecture last year. She is now leaving to set up a fact-based podcast company.

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/channel-4-news-dorothy-byrne-stepping-down-1-6553501

SirChenjin Tue 10-Mar-20 14:40:43

Very interesting link varian thank you