Gransnet forums

News & politics

Oh dear Harry and Meghan

(1001 Posts)
MawB Wed 11-Mar-20 08:29:20

In this morning’s DT
THE Duke of Sussex has been duped into speaking about his decision to quit the Royal Family by hoaxers pretending to be Greta Thunberg, it was claimed last night.
The Duke was pranked by Russian jokers who convinced him he was speaking to the teenage climate activist and her father, according to The Sun. He alluded to tensions between his wife and himself, and the rest of the Royal family and also criticised Donald Trump, who he said “has blood on his hands.
The two phone calls were reportedly made to the Duke at his rented home on Vancouver Island, Canada, on New Year’s Eve and January 22, by Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov, known as Vovan and Lexus
Do you all remember how “Sheik gate” put an end to Sophie Wessex’s career plans? I fear that without the protection of a Royal Press Officer Harry risks being a bit of “an innocent abroad “

Bridgeit Thu 02-Apr-20 20:27:01

As in the Title of this thread :Ohh Dear Gransnetgate.

maddyone Thu 02-Apr-20 20:44:03

Ok, I’m off to watch Question Time now.

Greymar Thu 02-Apr-20 20:59:58

What does fond of f* mean?

Greymar Thu 02-Apr-20 21:01:26

Fergie and Diana couldn’t keep their knickers on

Oh dead, thats not very nice is it?

Lucca Thu 02-Apr-20 21:29:27

New low reached
Please gnhq. Let’s not have any more of this obsessive nastiness.

FoghornLeghorn Thu 02-Apr-20 21:32:08

Goodness me. What a nasty misogynistic statement.

Anniebach Thu 02-Apr-20 21:40:54

Truth , for tender ears Fergie had two affairs, Diana several affairs.

Yes dead, no one minded when the Queen Mother was criticised, no difference . Should I not say Johnnie Spencer
was the villain in the sorry story of his youngest daughter because he is dead, He was.
was.

annep1 Thu 02-Apr-20 21:41:35

I'm not a royalist but the comments quoted above are unacceptable. The original should be deleted.

Anniebach Thu 02-Apr-20 21:41:57

Greymar sorry , the f word

Anniebach Thu 02-Apr-20 22:08:16

Yes my post was crude, I apologise

Greymar Fri 03-Apr-20 08:25:42

Try to find somebody to talk to on the phone Annie. Contact the helpline I recommended. This cannot be doing you any good.

www.nwssp.wales.nhs.uk/esr-community-hub

www.thesilverline.org.uk/

eazybee Fri 03-Apr-20 10:18:47

Just a little correction; The Stepford Wives is a book by Ira Levin, far more subtle than the film, which apparently shapes our lives. A perfect example of the film industry's tendency to over-dramatise.

trisher Fri 03-Apr-20 10:20:46

Should we list how many affairs Charles and Andrew had? Oh no! We don't talk about Andrew!

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 10:31:18

I don’t recall any reference to affairs Andrew had when he was
married.

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 10:43:06

Thank you Greymar but I don’t need more people to talk
to, I am glad you find them helpful

Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 12:03:29

Ouch.

GagaJo Fri 03-Apr-20 12:19:56

Come on ladies. Only 8 to go!

Lucca Fri 03-Apr-20 12:29:26

I could make something up maybe? Oh no hang on......

Lucca Fri 03-Apr-20 12:30:37

Oh yes I have a feeling MM. didn’t wear something blue....just so disrespectful of British culture

Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 13:02:17

For sure, she should/ could have made an effort?

Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 13:03:22

Only 4 now , Ohhps sorry that will be 3, when I press enter

Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 13:03:59

I can’t count

Sussexborn Fri 03-Apr-20 13:04:54

To most people praying is a private and personal matter so no one can know who does or doesn’t pray. It’s not necessarily regular church goers either.

Surely most churchgoers attend because it brings something to their lives. It’s no longer considered part of the social norm as it perhaps used to be.

It’s quite possible that MM had to be baptised in order to have the wedding she obviously wanted. My stepbrother’s wife had to be christened before they could marry in the CofE church where he was a chorister. It was a high church (literally and metaphorically). I thought Charles and Camilla had a civil service then a church blessing?

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 13:05:02

Why such effort to stop threads on this couple, why not ignore
threads which don’t please you ?

Sussexborn Fri 03-Apr-20 13:06:18

Perhaps she wore a blue garter. I wore one to keep my Mum happy.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion