Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson admitted to hospital

(296 Posts)
Iam64 Sun 05-Apr-20 21:17:08

It’s said as a precaution, not an emergency. I hope he recovers. Who will lead?

POGS Sun 05-Apr-20 23:39:27

I wish anybody well who has contracted COVID 19 .

Boris Johnson has obviously been at the forefront of the emergency the UK finds itself in and will have had no choice but to do his duty alongside many others.

He has shown signs of being extremely unwell but has tried to soldier on but there comes a time when he has to put his health first to be able to return to duty and I hope he recovers soon at this worrying time and he can get back to No 10 to see us through this nightmare.

maddyone Sun 05-Apr-20 23:41:07

Like others on here, I have thought he looked unwell for a while, even before it was announced that he actually had Coronavirus. I also heard that most people get over it in five to seven days, but of those who don’t and proceed into the second stage, then it becomes more serious.
Apparently Carrie has it too, she’s self isolating at Chequers I think. I hope she gets well and all goes well with her pregnancy. It must very worrying for her and Boris.
I really hope he gets well soon.

POGS Sun 05-Apr-20 23:42:47

Why would anybody wish another human being gets COVID 19.

Amazing, shocking.

janipat Sun 05-Apr-20 23:54:39

I agree POGS, I couldn't wish coronavirus on anyone. I think Johnson was reckless in his lack of distancing, but I hope he recovers. He will get the very best treatment available.

suziewoozie Mon 06-Apr-20 00:16:06

Who’s wishing COVID-19 on anyone? I just said I don’t wish DT well, and I don’t, he’s a danger to the world. His behaviour is costing many lives in the States and if he continues to mishandle it, he’s not just endangering the States but the rest of us.

janipat Mon 06-Apr-20 00:33:15

suziewoozie your comment certainly suggests that if DT catches coronavirus you will not wish him well and to recover. Therefore you'd wish him to succumb. I despise everything the man stands for, but stop short at wishing him or indeed anyone, not well.

quizqueen Mon 06-Apr-20 00:47:13

The two posters, who have made negative comments, have certainly revealed their true character, and it's very unpleasant. I'm glad I don't know them in real life.

Eloethan Mon 06-Apr-20 01:02:35

Well, that is pretty unpleasant too quizqueen.

Namsnanny Mon 06-Apr-20 01:18:25

I agree quizqueen and Eloethan unnecessary.

FarNorth Mon 06-Apr-20 01:37:57

I don't wish Boris ill but I don't agree with those here who think he's been doing a great job.
I do hope he recovers.

paddyanne Mon 06-Apr-20 02:15:22

Guess he's just taking it on the chin then! Not a fan and agree he's certainly not been doing a great job but I'd wish him well to be around for his expected baby .

BradfordLass73 Mon 06-Apr-20 05:53:16

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 06-Apr-20 05:54:49

The scary thing about this virus is that once contracted you cannot tell how you will end up. It is quite extraordinary. You have Hancock on one hand who appears to have been barely touched and up working again before (it seems) the required isolation days were completed, and Whitty (where is Whitty?) and then Johnson whom the virus has hit like a hammer.

I wish him well, as I do everyone who is unlucky enough to contract this disease. His age is with him as is his underlying health, so I expect he will make a complete recovery.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 06-Apr-20 05:55:50

bl73 ?

craftyone Mon 06-Apr-20 06:13:23

I hope BJ gets through this this. Poor man, he has been leading from the front without much of a break. It shocked me when I heard this last night. He has been doing a marvellous job for us

Calendargirl Mon 06-Apr-20 07:34:34

I’ve thought for a few days that Boris is not recovering as quickly as some because nothing much has been said about him. I commented to DH that we aren’t hearing how he’s doing. And yes, he looked really whacked in his appearance on Friday.

Get well soon Boris.

flowers

Kandinsky Mon 06-Apr-20 07:45:24

He should have been allowed to rest properly. How are you supposed to recover from a ( potentially) serious illness whilst still carrying out the most stressful of jobs?

vegansrock Mon 06-Apr-20 07:47:27

I intensely dislike BJs politics and behaviour, and his arrogant nonchalant attitude.
As a human being, I wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery the same as anyone else suffering. I hope he learns from this experience that the U.K. should properly fund the NHS and pay nurses and others much more, and not sell off bits of it to his wealthy mates to make money out of.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:51:45

It is ridiculous saying that he is still running the government. He has an absolute duty to do everything he can to recover as the PM of the U.K.

To do so he needs complete rest. He needs telling, that no one on this earth is indispensable. Just shut up, rest and get well.

Meanwhile we now have the thought that Dominic (fire and brimstone) Raab will temporarily take the lead. Heaven help us.

craftyone Mon 06-Apr-20 08:21:21

vegansrock, so easy to talk, Get out there and do your bit to run the country, no I thought not!! all too easy to criticise while sofa surfing

sodapop Mon 06-Apr-20 08:35:54

Stress must have played its part in Boris's illness as well. We shouldn't under estimate the effects of this on all of us. I hope he recovers soon. I agree with craftyone about those who criticise.

lemongrove Mon 06-Apr-20 08:51:49

I hope he recovers soon, we need the PM ( whoever it is) to be seen to be at ‘the helm’ at a time of a national emergency.
However, in the interim, there are others to make decisions, and important decisions are usually made by several people.
Since BJ is only in his mid fifties it shows the population that it isn’t only ‘oldies’ who are badly affected by this virus.
Get well soon Boris!

Whitewavemark2 Mon 06-Apr-20 08:54:59

The last thing we need is for something to happen to Johnson.

We have enough on our hands without a government in crises.

I would think that he is pretty ill (pneumonia?) to have been admitted, but on the other hand he will have been getting the best treatment so hopefully it is just to assess his condition because he’s had it for long enough.

Grandad1943 Mon 06-Apr-20 09:01:31

I feel that the most concerning part of this is the time he was taken to hospital which was 8 pm in the evening. That would seem to indicate that perhaps he was displaying a deteriorating condition at that time.
If the admission was for planned tests then surely that would have been carried out earlier in the day.

However, should it be that Boris is released this morning then that would allow everyone to conclude that indeed they were planned regular tests.

That started, in league with the vast majority of others in this country, I am sure, we are all wishing Boris well in a speedy recovery.

glammanana Mon 06-Apr-20 09:06:25

I was amazed how poorly he looked on Thursday evening when he came to the door of No 10 for the clapping of NHS staff it looked as though he was really struggling to stand up.I hope he gets better soon.