Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where are the Tory supporters who seem shy in defending the government?

(203 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:11:43

Over the Russia report

Tory corruption

No protection for the NHS

No protection for our food standards

No Parliamentary scrutiny of any trade deal.

I’m sure some must think it’s all excellent?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:20:19

How about the Chief Nurse that was sacked, because she refused to toe the government line over Cummings?

Anyone?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:22:26

Who thinks the Russian report should have been held back from publication before the GE 2019, so as to subvert democracy?

Anyone?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:23:49

Who thinks this is a visual picture if what the Tories are doing to our country

MaizieD Tue 21-Jul-20 14:24:32

I think they're all cooing over Boris's baby....

growstuff Tue 21-Jul-20 14:24:52

They don't care Whitewave. You're wasting your time, I'm afraid.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:26:16

Who would like to defend this

“Nothing shows dedication to ethical standards quite like removing the Civil Service's Director General of Propriety & Ethics because she refuses to clear Priti Patel of multiple bullying allegations.”

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:27:30

There is sooo much more though.

Tory supporters will one day get off their knees and declare Enough!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:34:01

One of the reasons there is so much corruption in the Tory party.

Dominic Grieve QC about Boris Johnson: "I've never experienced a politician in modern British history so elastic with the truth"

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:46:42

Anyone explain how Guido Fawkes and the Telegraph got hold of the report before the MP’s?

Helps the right to get their ducks in line I suppose.

More evidence of contempt if parliament.

Niobe Tue 21-Jul-20 14:54:42

My, my isn’t the silence deafening! Perhaps all the Boris groupies are in shock that their hero has proven himself to be exactly as they were warned he would be!

Violettham Tue 21-Jul-20 15:01:27

WHITEWAVE2 You are having a great time I feel very sad that all you can think of are these remarks. Surely it would be better to express regret at the state of our Country and admittedly the awful government. from an ex conservative voter. Although not at the last election.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:04:11

Tory poster boy, the morning after the night before.

amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/26/boris-johnson-security-evgeny-lebedev-perugia-party

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:05:10

Violettham

WHITEWAVE2 You are having a great time I feel very sad that all you can think of are these remarks. Surely it would be better to express regret at the state of our Country and admittedly the awful government. from an ex conservative voter. Although not at the last election.

I think you can assume that my regret in the state of my beloved country is implicit in my remarks.

MaizieD Tue 21-Jul-20 15:11:16

This is our way of expressing regret, Violettham.

We are incandescent at the death of our democracy and our public services and at the blatant corruption of our government.

We've spent the last four years being jeered at as 'lefties' and 'remoaners' and told that everything was going to be utterly wonderful when we left the EU.

It hasn't exactly turned out like that, has it?

What we would like is for some of them to express some regret.

growstuff Tue 21-Jul-20 15:11:25

Violettham

I think she's genuinely angry and has every right to be.

kittylester Tue 21-Jul-20 15:14:23

Whitewave calm down and get your facts straight! The Chief Nursing Officer wasnt sacked. She was dropped from the briefings. I dont know why but she was not very good at it.

MaizieD Tue 21-Jul-20 15:17:47

I dont know why but she was not very good at it.

Or is it that you don't want to know why, kittylester?

She was dropped because she wouldn't turn a blind eye to Cummings breaking the lockdown rules.

kittylester Tue 21-Jul-20 15:22:34

She says.

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:23:41

Maybe this will jog a few out of their silence?

www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/jenrick-directed-millions-to-towns-in-tory-marginals-before-election/21/07/
Anyone?

Thought not.

Christ, I am livid. I have had four years of being called a 'loony leftie' a 'marxist' a 'corbynista' a fantasist, and a traitor, and now when it is all here, there in big bold letters, I would like an apology from a few on here.

Anyone???????

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:25:26

and why would you think the Chief Nursing Officer is lying kittylester? Not convenient for you?

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:28:06

Chief nurse Ruth May confirms she WAS axed from a Government coronavirus press conference after failing to back Boris Johnson's aide Dominic Cummings over notorious lockdown trip to Durham so that I don't get accused of only getting info from The Independent or The Guardian, the above quote is from The Daily Mail.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:29:16

GillT57

Maybe this will jog a few out of their silence?

www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/jenrick-directed-millions-to-towns-in-tory-marginals-before-election/21/07/
Anyone?

Thought not.

Christ, I am livid. I have had four years of being called a 'loony leftie' a 'marxist' a 'corbynista' a fantasist, and a traitor, and now when it is all here, there in big bold letters, I would like an apology from a few on here.

Anyone???????

That’s exactly how I feel.

I simply find it incredible that anyone could even begin to defend such a morally bankrupt corrupt government.

We have fallen so low it is shameful

MaizieD Tue 21-Jul-20 15:29:27

Just what I was going to ask, GillT57 grin

Perhaps when people like being led by a congenital liar they come to believe that no-one ever tells the truth...

MaizieD Tue 21-Jul-20 15:31:00

Clearing the swamp to make way for the sewage...