Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where are the Tory supporters who seem shy in defending the government?

(204 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:11:43

Over the Russia report

Tory corruption

No protection for the NHS

No protection for our food standards

No Parliamentary scrutiny of any trade deal.

I’m sure some must think it’s all excellent?

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:39:21

Brave attempt kittylester but I am afraid your colleagues have deserted you. Where are you all??????? Drafting your apologies?

AGAA4 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:39:48

I am very concerned that the Russians may have interfered in the EU referendum.

The government turned a blind eye to the possibility that Moscow was involved and it has taken this long for the report to be published.

The government are taking vast amounts of money from Russian oligarchs. I find this worrying. Someone mentioned Londongrad. It seems they are having too much influence here in the UK.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:42:31

AGAA4

I am very concerned that the Russians may have interfered in the EU referendum.

The government turned a blind eye to the possibility that Moscow was involved and it has taken this long for the report to be published.

The government are taking vast amounts of money from Russian oligarchs. I find this worrying. Someone mentioned Londongrad. It seems they are having too much influence here in the UK.

It’s called money laundering.

Everyone with more than 2 brain cells must have wondered why so much unlived in property in London is owned by Russians.

Now we know it was facilitated by the Tories.

Poppyred Tue 21-Jul-20 15:46:11

Another day another thing for you to get enraged about Whitewavemark2.

Your hatred of Tories seems to dominate your life, how very sad.

AGAA4 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:47:18

Would the result of the referendum been different without Russian interference?

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:53:30

yes well poppyred better enraged with hatred of Tories than fooled by them like so many eh? What is sad is that so few are concerned about this destruction of democracy, destruction of the NHS, corruption by foreign powers, need I say more? I can if you like because there sure is a lot to be angry at while others coo at the Johnson baby.

Janpt Tue 21-Jul-20 15:54:37

Whitewavemark2 Could Labour do any better ? I very much doubt it. The only credible M.P. you have is Lisa Nandy. Keir Starmer has already given Long Bailey the push and Angela Rayner seems to have disappeared from view.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:56:31

Janpt

Whitewavemark2 Could Labour do any better ? I very much doubt it. The only credible M.P. you have is Lisa Nandy. Keir Starmer has already given Long Bailey the push and Angela Rayner seems to have disappeared from view.

Whataboutary.

Try coming back with a defence if the Tories behaviour

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:58:27

AGAA4

Would the result of the referendum been different without Russian interference?

There is opinion that the answer to that question is a resounding “yes” .

It doesn’t matter though because it looks as if was fraudulent and therefore an illegitimate result.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:58:57

Poppyred

Anything more interesting to say?

GillT57 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:03:15

Well, it didn't take long for the whataboutery did it? Just waiting for the assured 'it would have been worse under Corbyn'...in what way exactly? Still waiting for the brave defenders to dash forwards. Oh, and I am still angry, very angry.

Janpt Tue 21-Jul-20 16:16:32

poppyred Welcome to the fray. It's good to have some support on here. These lefties just won't accept the fact that they lost the election and hopefully will never win another.
GillT57 Oh, so you would have preferred Marxist Corbyn and his cronies would you. Says a lot about you and you are not the only very angry one on here. You refuse to give credit for anything the Conservative Party does. You are totally indoctrinated.

varian Tue 21-Jul-20 16:18:15

The fraudulent referendum was won by lies, cheating and foreign interference. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:21:38

This Conservative has been in the garden playing with two of her GC.

More to life than than nit picking the Government on GN

AGAA4 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:22:58

How can anyone defend the indefensible. There is corruption in this government and I am not a Labour supporter.

Framilode Tue 21-Jul-20 16:24:10

I hardly think the examples above at 'nit picking' GG. We should be ashamed at the level of deceit we seem prepared to accept.

Janpt Tue 21-Jul-20 16:25:07

GrannyGravy13 Is that relevant. Suggest you go back there instead of wasting your time on here. Are we supposed to envy you ? Spare a thought for those who may not be so lucky !!

growstuff Tue 21-Jul-20 16:25:58

AGAA4

How can anyone defend the indefensible. There is corruption in this government and I am not a Labour supporter.

They're the modern day version of the "Lumpenproletariat".

They don't care, so long as the sun is shining in their garden.

GagaJo Tue 21-Jul-20 16:28:34

Poppyred

There is a HUGE difference between hating a political party and HATING the effects of their policies on the country.

WWM is not a vengeful GN member. But she is fiercely loyal to Britain, something NOT shared by the current government, who are only in it for themselves. Lining their pockets, willfully overseeing the death of thousands of elderly Brits who helped to build this country.

Lies
Deception
Starving the poor
Collaborating with the Russians
Selling off the NHS

So much for true blue. Pure corruption more like.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:33:09

Janpt

GrannyGravy13 Is that relevant. Suggest you go back there instead of wasting your time on here. Are we supposed to envy you ? Spare a thought for those who may not be so lucky !!

The OP asked where are the Tory supporters who seem shy in defending the government

All I did was answer the question as to my whereabouts.

AGAA4 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:34:46

It seems that to some as long as we are leaving the EU it doesn't matter what illegal means may have been used to get what they wanted.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 16:38:21

I could weep at what we have become.

When are those tory supporters going to understand that the party they fondly think they support doesn’t exist any more?

They are as blind as Trump supporters and our democracy is beginning to fail

Jabberwok Tue 21-Jul-20 16:53:25

So upset about Cummings! What about other politicians, newspaper reporters, and God knows who else who also broke lockdown? No faux indignation about them!
No one can possibly say that the referendum would have had a different result. Looking at the squabbling financial mess that is the EU, thank God we've gone! The Tories lie and cheat? They're like Mary Poppins compared to the Commission who are probably the most unaccountable, lying,cheating organisation in the Western world. A trading block is one thing, but federalism? No than you,

JenniferEccles Tue 21-Jul-20 16:55:36

If other Tory supporters are anything like me they will be heartily sick of post after post day after day knocking the government.

You post thread after thread and then wonder why the rest of us are bored stiff with rising to the bait.

You don’t like the Tory government. I get that.
You wish Labour was in power. I get that too but there is no need to bang on about it, there really isn’t.

The sun is shining! Get outside and enjoy the summer!
Before long we will be heading into winter and your time will be taken up by telling us all how TERRIBLE everything will be after December 31st !!

I can’t wait ?

kittylester Tue 21-Jul-20 16:58:06

My point was that Whitewave was being emotive. Ruth May was not sacked but dropped from the briefings!!! Huge difference.

I cant be bothered to argue with you because the alternative was Jeremy Corbyn - you all conveniently forget that!