Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump taken to hospital

(235 Posts)
Katek Fri 02-Oct-20 22:28:14

That was quick......wonder what’s going on?

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:07:20

It wasn’t the staff who lied to us, it was the politicians. I’m referring to when BJ was admitted and comparing it to DT bring admitted. We were told it was precautionary and that he was working and had taken in his red boxes.

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:19:25

‘spokesperson confirmed his admission was a precautionary rather than emergency measure and added he "thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work".

They also urged the public to "continue to follow the government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives".

The prime minister travelled, without the need for an ambulance, to the hospital at 8pm on Sunday and is understood to still be leading the government response to the COVID-19 outbreak.‘

6 April, Sky News

Gwyneth Sat 03-Oct-20 08:21:03

suziewoozie So the doctors and nurses were in cahoots with the politicians to support the so called ‘lies’? Also if Boris was taken in initially as a pre-cautionary measure he probably would have taken his red boxes with him. Clearly he became much worse and was in intensive care (unless of course the staff were lying as you seem to suggest). I think you only had to look at Boris when he came out of hospital to see that he had been seriously ill and that this wasn’t a fabricated story from either the politicians or the hospital staff.

Jaberwok Sat 03-Oct-20 08:23:11

Yes indeed be did take work into hospital, but became very much worse and had to go into intensive care, no boxes in there, just a fight for life, unless.of course those Doctors and Nuses were lying?!!!!

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:24:11

Boris Johnsonremained in hospital on Monday morning as a “precautionary step” following concerns over his “persistent” coronavirus symptoms.

Downing Street insisted that the UK prime minister remained in charge of the government, as ministers prepared for the country’s expected peak of the disease next weekend and intense pressure on the health system.

But Dominic Raab, foreign secretary, will chair the regular meeting of the government’s Covid-19 committee, the inner cabinet where key decisions relating to the virus are taken.

The prime minister spent the night in hospital and is having what have been described as “routine tests”.

A Downing Street spokeswoman said on Sunday: “This is a precautionary step, as the prime minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus 10 days after testing positive for the virus.”

Robert Jenrick, housing secretary, said the tests on Mr Johnson were under way, adding: “He will stay in hospital as long as needed, but I’ve heard he is doing well.”

Mr Jenrick told the BBC’s Today programme he expected Mr Johnson to return to Number 10 “shortly” but that the prime minister would follow medical advice on when he should return home.

The minister insisted Mr Johnson was not incapacitated: “He remains in charge of the government,” he said. “He will be updated regularly while he's in hospital.”

From the FT

Shelmiss Sat 03-Oct-20 08:26:05

Not one iota of sympathy for him from me. I guess that means (according to some posters) that I’m a horrible person. Oh well ?‍♀️

Gwyneth Sat 03-Oct-20 08:27:26

suziewoozie you clearly have a personal dislike of Boris Johnson which is your prerogative but please do not accuse our NHS staff of lying.

LullyDully Sat 03-Oct-20 08:29:31

I am assuming they have sent him to hospital while he is relatively ok so if he should get worse they won't have blue lights and drama rushing him in. Keeps things more discreet maybe.

I hope he is ok, he has to be having the best treatment surely. Coca-Cola and McDonald's will see him through. The time to worry will be if the tweeting stops.

Lucca Sat 03-Oct-20 08:31:14

Gwyneth

suziewoozie you clearly have a personal dislike of Boris Johnson which is your prerogative but please do not accuse our NHS staff of lying.

She isn’t. Read her posts and you will see!

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:31:59

Ffs calm down and don’t bloody lecture me about hardworking NHS staff - my dd works in the NHS and works her socks off - even more so at the height of the pandemic. I was making the point that we were lied to when BJ went into hospital and that it’s probably the same with DT, in both cases, the need for hospitalisation was played down and we were told that both men we’re working normally.

Furret Sat 03-Oct-20 08:32:29

It is what it is

eazybee Sat 03-Oct-20 08:33:23

When Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital the extent of his illness was not known; it worsened rapidly, as may be the case with Trump. The news of the deterioration in Johnson's condition was reported rapidly. There is also the concern about public confidence as was being discussed in the last half hour about Trump.
Horrid to attack people if/when they are apparently seriously ill.
Says more about the posters and their beliefs.

25Avalon Sat 03-Oct-20 08:33:35

Perhaps if he recovers Trump will have a Damascus moment and show more humility rather than bragging as some on here have suggested along with other more unpleasant inappropriate remarks.

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:34:57

Thanks Lucca - the OTT reaction to me on this thread is just bloody pathetic.

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:43:26

All we can have on the hospitalisation of both men is opinions - I think we were lied to and some others don’t. We’ll never know the full story.

Gwyneth Sat 03-Oct-20 08:45:52

suziewoozieI too have family working in the NHS and that is why I am so appalled at the suggestion the staff were lying. To pull off a ‘political stunt’ such as you suggest must have meant the staff were part of it. But anyway I give up!!!

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 08:48:41

Stop lying about me Gwyneth FFS JUST STOP IT.

BlueBelle Sat 03-Oct-20 08:50:56

suziewoozie never implied the staff were lying well not how I read it anyway she implied we were told it was precautionary and nothing to worry about by his spokespeople but obviously it was much more serious So it was the gang around him lying not the staff I didn’t read it that she thought he hadn’t had it just that we were told he was fine and working from his bed when he was really half dead and actually really looks rough still unless it’s late nights and early mornings but his eyes are really unhealthy looking
Maybe I read it wrong as so many of you read it differently

Lucca Sat 03-Oct-20 08:56:24

Bluebelle. Exactly. We may have been misinformed by Boris staff, not the NHS staff.

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 09:00:38

Thanks BB

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 09:02:52

And those that ‘read’ it differently were just looking for a reason to launch a personal attack on me and imo are blinded by their personal animosity - personal attacks which apparently against the guidelines.

honeyrose Sat 03-Oct-20 09:07:17

Perhaps DT is being injected with disinfectant (or was it bleach?!) or “some kind of light” as DT himself mentioned as a possible treatment some months ago?’ This was met by a cringing reaction by a very eminent expert sitting near to him at the time and rightly so. Seriously though, I don’t like the man, but I wish him and Melania well. Apparently COVID symptoms can worsen very quickly and I’m sure the medics are taking every precaution. I cannot understand why anyone would wish a fellow human being ill. Get well soon, DT.

Furret Sat 03-Oct-20 09:07:22

Gwyneth

*suziewoozie*I too have family working in the NHS and that is why I am so appalled at the suggestion the staff were lying. To pull off a ‘political stunt’ such as you suggest must have meant the staff were part of it. But anyway I give up!!!

Get a grip. That is not what was said.

Hetty58 Sat 03-Oct-20 09:07:57

There was absolutely no suggestion that NHS staff were lying - until the accusations started. When you read the post through, it's very pathetic, just any excuse to put the boot in!

JuneRose Sat 03-Oct-20 09:15:42

Shelmiss couldn't have put it better myself !