Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris is broke (or is he just mean?).

(37 Posts)
GagaJo Sat 29-May-21 23:51:55

Seems his taking a bung on the sly isn't just because he's greedy. He may be financially stretched.

www.businessinsider.fr/us/boris-johnson-money-problems-finances-donations-carrie-symonds-2021-5

DillytheGardener Sun 30-May-21 23:45:17

*spilt not split. Though not the worst autocorrect fail I’ve made on gn

MaizieD Mon 31-May-21 08:27:41

DillytheGardener

MaizieD “forelock tugging peasants”, nearly split my tea laughing. My husband is one of these, I’ve come to terms with the fact I voted for turkey, but my husband is still drinking the koolaid.

Good on you, Dilly ?

Lots of rejoicing here over a sinner who has repented... ?

PippaZ Mon 31-May-21 11:59:15

MaizieD

PippaZ

I wonder whose paid for the wedding?

I think that we can be pretty certain of who hasn't paid for the wedding grin

(though, traditionally, isn't it the bride's parents who pay?)

Not so much with people marrying or partnering later I find. It seems to often be the couple with mum and dad offering help.

PippaZ Mon 31-May-21 12:10:49

From the DM: The Carrie effect! New Mrs Johnson's £2,870 Christos Costarellos wedding dress sells out (but the thrifty bride RENTED it for £45)

GagaJo Mon 31-May-21 13:37:49

First time I've NOT been among the peasant brigade. Or was it pheasants?

JaneJudge Mon 31-May-21 13:47:12

we have got a golden pheasant visiting our garden, we have no idea where he is coming from

PippaZ Mon 31-May-21 13:50:13

As I have just put on another thread, you cannot remain an MP if you are declared bankrupt. That and taxes might yet be the downfall of Johnson.

Katie59 Mon 31-May-21 18:10:07

PippaZ

As I have just put on another thread, you cannot remain an MP if you are declared bankrupt. That and taxes might yet be the downfall of Johnson.

Don’t worry he will get a loan from somewhere based on future earning potential. Memoirs of a Buffoon will be a best seller.

PippaZ Mon 31-May-21 18:23:16

If he is as lax with his tax returns as he has been in paying his bills he may need more than a loan - a very good Barrister comes to mind smile

timetogo2016 Mon 31-May-21 18:40:22

He could well be broke,who with money would walk around with a hair cut like that.
But i am not starting a whip round for him.
God forbid.

theworriedwell Mon 31-May-21 20:21:20

Urmstongran

“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.”

Oscar Wilde.

?

Did he die in poverty? I have a feeling he did so I'm not sure he is a good source of advice.