Gransnet forums

Pets

Worst human[tchsad]

(94 Posts)
Alea Thu 03-Dec-15 23:28:35

My human must be the worst mum in the world! Today I was belting in from a toilet visit to the garden as it was lashing down and she caught the tip of my tail in the door!!
I yelped I can tell you but because I am a brave dog I also wagged it lots. Mum seemed put out by the amount of blood being sprayed on the kitchen walls, radiator, cupboard fronts and the doors, and also by the trail of drips on the floor tchconfused
What is a "chainsaw massacre"?
Now she has tried to bandage it, but I think the choice of a RED bandage was in questionable taste.
I think I might have to swap her for a new mum sad

wotanuisanceABC123 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:34:39

Oh, isn't he lovely! I've got a white lurcher with black ears!

wotanuisanceABC123 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:35:55

You can see my dog on my profile page. So similar to yours.

rosequartz Thu 03-Dec-15 23:39:12

I have phoned the RSPCA on your behalf.

They are coming to take your mum away and give her some re-training.

Best wishes
Susie Spaniel
x

Alea Thu 03-Dec-15 23:43:07

Thank you Susiespaniel and wotanicedog. tchsmileI think Mum might need to be rehomed tchhmm
Grace

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-15 08:07:23

Awwww! Bet Mum feels terrible though. Think you should forgive her. That should make her feel even worse!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 04-Dec-15 08:17:36

shock Poor doggie! sad

(You bite the daft old bugger darling! Did she forget how long your tail is?! hmm)

[hug] (for the doggie, not 'er)

downtoearth Fri 04-Dec-15 08:25:47

from ellie the black lab....poor boy I feel your pain,I was laying in the middle of the kitchen floor as my mum was carving meat and I wanted to help her by catching any crumbs or chunks that fell to the floor,the oven was on it was warm and cosy ,my mum was drinking some of that strange white stuff that makes her face and nose turn red,she turned round to refill her glass and trod as hard as she could on my tail AND then she moved and trod on my paw AND THEN said to me well you will lay under my feet wnt you .....but I forgave her when she gave me a nice big slice of meat and a cuddle ,she is a nice mummy really.....love from Ellie

ninathenana Fri 04-Dec-15 09:06:12

Tails don't half bleed a lot don't they. You shouldn't need to beg for titbits for a few days.....guilty humans are quiet useful.

Marmark1 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:09:02

Bless you,Mum,be more careful.

Charleygirl Fri 04-Dec-15 09:11:58

You can come and live here anytime but Tara would have your eyes out and I think that there has been enough blood spilled. Do not worry, if you do not want to do something- do not do it- just whimper and mummy will feel guilty all over again. I am hoping that mum will give you nice titbits to help take the pain away but she had better be quick before she is removed from your house for intensive retraining. Ihope that you get better soon and if you want to lie on any previously banned piece of furniture, please feel free.

loopylou Fri 04-Dec-15 09:54:15

I've got a lovely comfortable sofa here Grace, you're very welcome anytime your human doesn't meet the grade.

Humans often need reminding retraining to ensure they meet DOGSTED Standards, they become complacent don't they?

Llx

Sourcerer48 Fri 04-Dec-15 10:58:18

It's a dog's life, but who would have it any other way...!
This is Laila the love of my life.
She gives me a reason to get up in the morning (like I have a choice!), to take much needed exercise twice a day and the ecstatic welcome I receive on returning home, more than makes up for the fact she moults for England!

rosesarered Fri 04-Dec-15 11:02:42

Alea tut tut! some people are a bit too handy with their door slamming!tchgrin
Actually I did the same a time or two with the cat in the past, and after screaming, he ran off and looked back at me as if I had done it on purpose.

Tegan Fri 04-Dec-15 11:32:43

My last whippet had her paw shut in a door [the S.O. did that as she raced back into the house one day] and the end of her tail shut in the door next to which she was sleeping [my ex did that]. I don't want to be a scaremonger but she did actually have to have the tip of her tail surgically removed as it just didn't heal sad.

Alea Fri 04-Dec-15 11:40:12

Fingers crossed no more bleeding today Tegan but I am leaving the bandage in situ for a bit longer. When we first got her from kennels she had a bleeding tail tip which took a week or so to heal, I believe bashing it against the side of her pen was aggravating it. Sign of stress I'm thinking. Another reason not to leave her "un rehomed" a minute longer!

I have just attempted to clean the blood splatters from the kitchen etc. The highest was above head height (I'm 5'2") and they are everywhere. I should have done them while they wee fresh but there didn't seem a lot of point until the bandage was in place and stayed there, and anyway I was too stressed tchshock

shysal Fri 04-Dec-15 11:40:12

My Mum did the same thing to me once, I ended up with a permanent lump at the end of my tail. She was very upset.
Raffles the Gordon Setter.

numberplease Fri 04-Dec-15 16:21:14

Hello Grace. Your human must be feeling terribly threatened if she knows that you are thinking of rehoming her, so take every advantage that you can think of, because their memories start to fade after a while and they get very complacent. My human trapped my body in the back door one night, it wasn`t my fault that I shot out of nowhere in the dark as she was closing the door. I ignored her completely for a few hours, she was getting quite worried until I decided to forgive her.
Yours purringly,
Mia xx

rosequartz Fri 04-Dec-15 16:31:43

Grace I do hope you're feeling better now and she is waiting on you hand and foot whisker and paw

And another thing - I notice you have short, pricked ears - thank your lucky stars, because if you had long floppy ears you may find your 'mum' holding them back with a clothes peg. Apparently that nasty person they call the vet suggested it would be a good idea to get some air into my ears. It doesn't hurt but it is so so embarrassing especially if that nice retriever next door catches sight of me. blush

Yours in sympathy
Susie

wotanuisanceABC123 Fri 04-Dec-15 18:11:12

Here I am and my name is Sophie. Mum has not trodden on me yet or shut me in door!!

Charleygirl Fri 04-Dec-15 18:20:25

Sophie, I would hope not, an elegant lady like yourself! I hope that you are comfortable on your mum's bed- did she not find a blanket to wrap over you in case there was the odd draught? Would it not be more comfortable to lean on the pillows or whatever is laid beside you? Your comfort and well being are paramount- I do hope that your mum realises this. If you ever would like a change of scenery and your own room, feel free to get in touch. Every whim will be catered for here- you deserve it.

NanaandGrampy Fri 04-Dec-15 19:42:30

In an effort to distract you from your clearly poor owner Alea.....

Once the lady of our house ( who shall remain nameless even though she's writing this ) was trimming some knots out of our rag doll cat Tobi's under belly and he was clearly enjoying the attention because she managed to snip his willy with the scissors!!

Try putting a bandage on that!!!

wotanuisanceABC123 Fri 04-Dec-15 20:05:37

Charley, mum has put a lovely draught excluded with dogs on it at the foot of the bed, so it's like a comfy bolster for my old head. Dad calls me scruffles which is quite rude! But ho does give me dog chews.

rosequartz Fri 04-Dec-15 20:08:57

tchshock NanaandGrampy

I hope he managed to give her a nip with very sharp teeth!

apricot Sat 05-Dec-15 20:36:07

Our mum says Get OUT from under my FEET or I'll FALL on you and BREAK something and SQUASH you!
She says that about 50 times a day so we don't take any notice.