Gransnet forums

Pets

My new feline companions.

(35 Posts)
SueDonim Thu 08-Sep-16 00:18:56

I know some of us on GN are rather fond of cats so I thought I'd start a thread (my first!) about my new cats.

We lost our 5.5yo cutie-pie, Willow, in April. She had a congenital heart condition and we knew she was unlikely to have a long life but even so, I was heartbroken.

We thought at first that maybe we wouldn't have any more pets but then these two boys came up and they moved in and took over on Sunday. grin They are Russian Blue brothers, 8yo. Their owners have moved to Korea and couldn't take them.

They're behaving as if they've lived here all their lives! They're militantly affectionate, when they want a stroke or a tickle, they stop at nothing to get one. There was a massive fight literally with fur flying on Monday, which I imagine is down to territory and dominance issues, but it's been peaceful ever since. We haven't had lap cats for years but these two are going to keep us warm this winter, I think. grin

shysal Thu 08-Sep-16 17:14:04

These are my current two: Saffron, a characterful, vocal Bengal and Bugsie, a home-loving fat lump! I too hate hot bodies on the bed but don't have to heart to boot them off!

Charleygirl Thu 08-Sep-16 17:24:26

shysal now I know where my cat Tara goes for around 12 hours each day. Your Bugsie is the spitting image of Tara.

shysal Thu 08-Sep-16 17:34:03

There are so many almost identical black and white cats around aren't there? I have taken a photo of Bugsie's distinctive white spot amongst the black on his back in case he ever goes missing and I have to put up posters!

wot Thu 08-Sep-16 18:00:48

sudonim, the cats are lovely and I like your tapestry cushion! Did you make it?

grannylyn65 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:04:51

Thats great, my 2 adoptees are really settled in now and are very vocal !

grannylyn65 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:05:41

and

Charleygirl Thu 08-Sep-16 18:11:56

Bugsie has more white than Tara and she is quite sleek only being around 3.5 kilos. I had Tara micro chipped when I first took her to the vet, she was a Cat Protection League girl.

Gorgeous photos of cats. There are too many males for Tara to want to know any of them!

SueDonim Thu 08-Sep-16 18:37:40

So many gorgeous cats! Though they're all lovely, aren't they?

Tanith we had to think about that aspect well, as my Dh is retired, but we decided in the end the benefits outweigh the downside. We're surrounded by dogs here so no visiting cats for us, sadly.

Wot I had to go back to the photo to check on the cushion! Yes, it's by my own fair hand. It was an Erhman kit which I made to match the strawberry pattern kitchen wallpaper we had. I've got birds wallpaper now but I can't bear to part with all of my strawberry stuff.

MrsJones they do leave such an impression on you, don't they?

TriciaF that's who we had in mind when naming Felix. I enjoyed the film, though I had no idea that Felix was created nearly 100 years ago! I don't think my cats will be as mischievous because (I'm whispering this so they don't overhear wink ) I don't think these boys are particularly bright. grin

phoenix Thu 08-Sep-16 19:22:01

So glad that the adoption has gone well! Wishing you many years of feline companionship!