Gransnet forums

Pets

Very upset as had to have cat put down this morning

(80 Posts)
Jacksgrandma123 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:43:08

My ten year old cat started having breathing problems less than two days ago. Second vet visit today for X-ray and investigation and had call to say had to be put down. Was with her for injection. Feeling so sad as much loved family pet and as it's all happened so quickly , and been so awful, it's quite a lot to accept at the moment.

Teetime Fri 30-Aug-19 14:52:49

Oh dear I am sorry losing a much loved member of the family is very sad. I hope you have lots of happy memories and photographs. flowers

TwiceAsNice Fri 30-Aug-19 14:56:37

So sorry to hear this so sad for you. I love my car to bits so really feel for you. I hope knowing she had a lovely life with you will help you

Framilode Fri 30-Aug-19 14:56:49

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Teetime. I know how heartbroken you must feel as we also lost pets recently. I'm afraid they get right inside your heart and their loss is very hard.

Teetime Fri 30-Aug-19 14:59:03

Not me.

Smileless2012 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:01:09

Sorry that you've lost your much loved cat. Take comfort in the knowledge that you did the right thing and that she had a happy life with youflowers.

Jane10 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:10:32

Aw. A horribly sudden and sad time for you. Poor old puss. I'm glad you with her as she drifted off to sleep. ?

merlotgran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:32:37

Sorry to hear your sad news, Jacksgrandma. It's horrible losing a pet.

TerriBull Fri 30-Aug-19 15:37:45

Sorry to hear your sad news Jacksgrandma, I haven't had a cat for a long time, but nevertheless, do love them, it's very hard to lose a much loved animal, commiserations flowers

BlueBelle Fri 30-Aug-19 15:41:50

You did the right thing and you were with her
It’s the shock of it happening so quickly
?

sodapop Fri 30-Aug-19 16:10:52

I'm sorry too jacksgrandma must have been such a shock. Remember all the good times you had with her not just the last few days. thanks

Charleygirl5 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:16:32

She had a good life with you, did not suffer and for her, it was very quick. It is absolutely horrendous for the owner though.

lemongrove Fri 30-Aug-19 16:19:12

How very rotten for you Jacksgrandma ( I know how it feels)
But you did the best for your pet.
A cat (or dog) is more than just a ‘pet’ and we all miss them so much when it’s time for them to go.

Framilode Fri 30-Aug-19 16:23:51

Sorry Teetime

shysal Fri 30-Aug-19 16:24:49

flowers. I can empathize, it is terrible saying goodbye to a loved animal.

Day6 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:27:12

How sad for you. It sounds quite sudden. I know how awful you must feel. Have been there and cried my eyes out for days after family cats have died. It's very sad and the loss of a dear cat leaves such a huge hole in the home and the heart. Much sympathy Jacksgrandma

SalsaQueen Fri 30-Aug-19 16:37:00

That's sad. I'm sure the vet did all he/she could. It's awful when a beloved pet dies, especially when it's quite sudden. I've been in that situation a few times. Sympathies x

Cherrytree59 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:44:35

That is so sad Jacksgrandmasadthanks

Yes a lot to take in when it happened so quick.

One day you will think of your little cat with a smile as you recall all her little ways and antics.

I had an SOS call from my sister this morning re her little cat.
Sadly she had to be put to sleep sad.

My husband buried her in my sister's garden .
She is at rest with all the other family pets including our dog and 2 cats also my two grandson's much loved hamster ?

Animals bring great joy, love and friendship but when the time comes to let them go we are truly heartbroken. sad

blondenana Fri 30-Aug-19 16:52:19

So sorry Jacksgrandma i had to have my little dog pts just over a week ago, suddenly so i can understand how you are feeling,i still can't believe shes gone
You will miss her so much,try to remember the happy times ,and you have done the kindest thing ,she wont be suffering,it's us who are left who are,
I think when we are expecting to bring them home again and don't it's the shock, which hits us harder

Scribbles Fri 30-Aug-19 17:05:45

So sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. ((Hugs))

Squiffy Fri 30-Aug-19 17:08:38

So sorry Jacksgrandma ?

SueDonim Fri 30-Aug-19 18:57:09

I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking to lose a much-loved pet. flowers

CanadianGran Fri 30-Aug-19 20:19:04

So sorry to hear this Jacksgrandma. So hard to lose a much loved pet.

Ngaio1 Fri 30-Aug-19 21:05:07

Thank you for getting her to the vet so swiftly. You were/are a caring owner. Wish more were the same. Thinking of you.

crystaltipps Fri 30-Aug-19 21:21:23

I had to say goodbye to my little rescue cat today too. I’m heartbroken. She was my special favourite, loved to follow me round and sit on my lap. We are going to put her ashes in the garden. I’m just making an album of all the photos we have of her. Big hugs to you.