Gransnet forums

Pets

My son is being visited by a ginger cat in the night

(31 Posts)
JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 15:43:59

To follow on from all my other animal threads hmm

He said it keeps climbing through his bedroom window whilst he is either awake or asleep (he is nocturnal) So he decided to shut his bedroom window to stop it happening.

He said the last two nights the security light facing his bedroom keeps going off and the cat is sitting in the light staring at him through the window grin

I think I might write a children's book...

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 15:51:22

Aah! Gazing at him through the window, all love lorn…

Do you have a cat Jane?

MissAdventure Thu 02-Sep-21 15:52:26

When we went to visit my sister, she said we mustn't, under any circumstances, let their cat in, as he would be a nuisance all night.

So, we got in bed, and the cat came to the window, waving his cat arms around and making squeaky sounds on the glass with the pads on his feet. For hours and hours!

We gave in eventually and let him in, and he thanked us by doing a huge poo in sister's kitchen, just at the bottom of the 3 steps leading down into the kitchen.

Brother in law (not known for his sense of humour) got up in the morning, down the 3 steps and trod in the poo. grin

JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 15:53:01

No, I like cats but I am allergic to them. I can visit friends with cats as long as I don't touch I am generally fine.

I bet you can guess what ALL my friends cats do though? They ALL sit on me or bookend me and really rub themselves up against my legs #piriteze

JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 15:54:30

MissAdventure grin that's hilarious!

MissAdventure Thu 02-Sep-21 15:55:52

We secretly thought so, too.

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 15:57:29

Next door (^the lunatics^ Aka ‘her’, ‘the whippersnapper’ and ‘the arsehole’) have a cat who is the mortal enemy of both DH and Ddog.
One afternoon DH was livid to see the cat sitting on the lounge window ledge staring at him with saucer eyes while DH was reading the paper.
It’s one of those ‘you had to be there’ things, but it was sooo funny.

I’ll come back later and tell you the tale of why Ddog and Cat-Next-Door loathe each other.

Amberone Thu 02-Sep-21 16:20:24

You've all made me laugh with your cat stories 😀

We don't have cats but seem to get adopted by all the neighbourhood cats. Our ex-next door neighbour always looked very peeved to know her cat used to sit in the garden with us. They've gone now, and two other cats patrol our garden regularly, mainly I think because we have mice. They won't come near us but sit at the other end of the garden watching what is happening. OH maintains that he dislikes cats but he is always keen to see 'our' cats 😄

Blossoming Thu 02-Sep-21 16:25:40

Does your son live near Pendle?

MawBe Thu 02-Sep-21 16:41:55

Sounds like Mog the Forgetful Cat.
(I’ll lend you Rosie, she’d have it in the next county in a flash!)

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 02-Sep-21 16:52:30

Fanny I love the names of your neighbours! Our peculiar one is just ‘er next door, very unimaginative.
Look forward to hearing why the dog and cat hate each other!

AGAA4 Thu 02-Sep-21 17:03:26

fanny I can tell you don't like 'the arsehole' very much. grin

AGAA4 Thu 02-Sep-21 17:15:31

Sorry Fanny not fanny

glammanana Thu 02-Sep-21 18:03:25

My Oliver The Great the big shorthaired British Blue thinks he is the lord of the manor,he goes between the bungalows where I live to see what is on offer food wise all day long,he once brought home a lamb chop from somewhere ( not my neighbours thank the lord) and dropped it on my bed after jumping through my bedroom window I never found out where it had come from it was obviously not to his taste as it had not been chewed at all.

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 18:11:07

AGAA4

Not much gets past you eh ?!

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 18:11:20

AGAA4

That’s DH’s name for him.
He is ‘her’s’ son older son, and the half-brother of ‘the Whippersnapper’ who is actually about 20.
‘Her’ says that the his behaviour is due to him being an ‘alpha male’, we of course, know otherwise. grin
On the day of his mum moving in, he introduced himself to me by threatening me about where DH parked his van (which was on the front of our house.)
He said that if he had any mates around, they wouldn’t have anywhere to park confused

Trisha57 Thu 02-Sep-21 18:11:58

In our old house, the local butcher's shop was 2 doors away and had an outside freezer. The butcher complained that every time he opened the freezer door our cat would try to sneak in. We woke up one Sunday morning to find a (small) frozen leg of lamb on the lawn in our back garden with cat sitting beside it looking very pleased with himself!!!!

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 18:12:28

Cross post Lucca smile

JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 18:21:59

Trisha57

In our old house, the local butcher's shop was 2 doors away and had an outside freezer. The butcher complained that every time he opened the freezer door our cat would try to sneak in. We woke up one Sunday morning to find a (small) frozen leg of lamb on the lawn in our back garden with cat sitting beside it looking very pleased with himself!!!!

did you cook it? grin

I love the arsehole and the whippersnapper ....we lived next door to neighbours like that once.....confused they set their dog on me who absolutely frightened to death, jumped in my car and fell through the parcel shelf, the poor sod

trisher Thu 02-Sep-21 18:22:36

My mother wasn't fond of cats. It was amazing how when she visited all our cats over the years always made straight for her and jumped on her knee. How on earth they knew I don't know.

JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 18:23:24

glammanana another lamb chop cat grin

AGAA4 Thu 02-Sep-21 19:37:39

Lucca some people just don't understand wry humour.

bikergran Thu 02-Sep-21 20:45:42

In our town we have a cat called Gerry the Asda/B & M Cat.

He has his own face book page, he is a black and white long coated, he parades round Asda car park like he owns it, seeing off other cats.

Many think he is a stray but he has a perfectly good home.

bikergran Thu 02-Sep-21 20:47:55

Sorry Jerry ! spelt your name wrong.tut.

JaneJudge Thu 02-Sep-21 21:04:20

We have a similar cat where we live bikergran who is talked about on local facebook more than potholes, our useless MP and bin collections combined grin