Gransnet forums

Relationships

Continued support and fun aspects too of rebuilding lives after estrangement can't believe 4 years and we still here to offer help, friendship and support.

(1001 Posts)
celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 10:17:33

Hi ladies or gents here we go smileless, yoga girl rhinestone luckylegs and all the rest let's keep helping each other

celebgran Tue 21-Mar-17 09:32:39

Hopefully I will be feeling better by Sunday as my dh has arranged a night out overnight stay for me on. MOthers day,

My ds will remember he hasn't let me down since the tragedy of losing xxx

However it's always sad for us remembering how it used to be and wondering why things went so wrong ?????for us all

Welcome back rhinestone!

Short post as not feeling very good at all today,

Starlady Tue 21-Mar-17 10:20:30

You're welcome, Yoga. x

Hope you feel better soon, celeb.

Smileless - cool shoes!

Smileless2012 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:23:52

flowersCeleb and a BIG (((HUG))) to help you feel a little better.

Thanks Starladysmile.

celebgran Tue 21-Mar-17 18:03:38

Thanks starlady and smilless and big hugs back smilless,

Still feel nauseous, been stuck in all day but managed get all washing dry and make casserole.

Said on other thread so pleased my hairdresser invited me round Saturday to do my hair and meet baby!?? How wonderful is that.

Smileless2012 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:05:34

Hope you're feeling better today Celebflowersand that all goes well with little Rosie tomorrowflowers.

We've had a nice relaxing day today, browsing around the shopssmile. We've seen a lovely big red parasol which will look fab on our roof terrace with matching red sun chairsgrinso it looks as if we'll be buying itgrin.

We're off to our holiday home tomorrow to clean the carpets before our new suite is delivered. I bought the carpet cleaner last summer and haven't used it yet; Mr. S. only assembled it this afternoon so I'll have to make sure we take the instruction booklet with us; not that Mr. S. will read it, men never do do theyhmm.

Just put the news on and I'm listening to the report about a terrorist attack at Westminster; isn't it awfulshock. Four dead, including a policeman and the terrorist and 20 injured.

celebgran Wed 22-Mar-17 19:06:08

Thanks dearest friend for Rosie goodmwishes, was bit tearful telling my dear niece about it, but heyho got be strong she had her last meal?.
feeling little better but v drained, thanks.

Wow smilless you have so many holiday homes ? jealous of Florida one, will u still hang on to the mobile one now unhave moved?

Fantastic news hospital rang I can have pre assessment for treatment on 6th April possible treatment 24th!??thanks to our mp writing to support me I feel, it will be wonderful if can get some relief from the pain.

We both bit tired but adored having our favourite little girl for afternoon it so took our minds of problems

eddiecat78 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:17:04

Ladies - I feel I know you well enough now to share this! Last night we went to collect daughter`s wedding dress. Putting it bluntly DD is very overweight and consequently very anxious about her appearance. So I tell DH beforehand that he must tell her she looks wonderful and that his opinion means a lot to her. So - she appears in front of him resplendent in her full on white gown and he says "Yes, very smart" (Give me strength)

Rosyglow8 Thu 23-Mar-17 13:24:29

"Yes, very smart"
Ah, but eddie, his eyes will have told her all she wanted to know. When is the wedding? What's your hat like? As for smileless, I hate you!! - not really. I have some gorgeous shoes, none of which I can wear since my illness left me with balance problems. One particular pair that I had specially made in Italy for my son's wedding - spit! - in silver and purple, make me weep as they stare at me dolefully.

Parklife1 Thu 23-Mar-17 13:51:44

I'm trying to get rid of the (stupidly expensive) outfit I had for my daughter's wedding. The shoes were delightful, but so high I had to change before the end of the day.

Madgran77 Thu 23-Mar-17 15:48:30

At my son's wedding there is a rather embarrassing photo of me dancing with no shoes on (me dancing is embarrassing in itself!!) ...my shoes were beyond me! Daft!

eddiecat78 Thu 23-Mar-17 16:22:53

Ladies, I`ll have you know, I am not wearing a hat - I am wearing a hatinator! (No, I didn`t know such things existed either)

Rhinestone Fri 24-Mar-17 10:12:22

Good Morning everyone- it's 6 in the morning here and I have been up since 4 trying to keep my brain from thinking. I hope all of you are doing well. We are going to have a warm day here and I can't wait to put on my sandals again.
My husband and I changed a healthcare policy recently and got a new one. I didn't send a letter to the old company but just didn't make the payment . I forgot that my DD and my ESS were beneficiaries and they both got letters reminding them that our policy lapsed. My DD called right away to inform us. It will be interesting to see if my ESS will communicate with us somehow.
My DH doesn't think so. Yogagirl its interesting how our baggage about the estrangement will follow us no matter where we go. I too would be sitting at the beach on vacation and start thinking about the other two GC and how I miss them. We are never free are we?
celebrgranHope all went well with your little baby. smilelessyou sound so much happier in your new place.

Smileless2012 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:24:32

eddiecatsmile, I thought that was rather sweet telling your DD she looked very smart, I think it's the sort of thing a lot of men would have said. A hatinatorconfusedis that smaller than a hat but bigger than a fascinator?

Hope everything's OK with little Rosie Celebflowers. Yes, we're keeping our little holiday home. We went there yesterday and I cleaned the carpets while Mr. S. power washed the decking. I couldn't believe the amount of muck I got out of the living room carpet, it was disgusting. Really impressed with my Vax, it looked great when I'd finished, all ready for the new suite to be delivered.

It's a beautifully maintained site with the duck pond, peaceful and relaxing. We're going to a wedding next Friday and my friend's coming for Easter so when she goes home we're going there for a weeksmile.

I think it's great that there's a photo of you dancing at your son's wedding with no shoes on madagran, evidence that you really enjoyed yourself.

I'm cooking lunch for my mum and bro on Sunday; what are all of you doing?

You're right Rhinestone we'll never be free but neither will they. We are happy in our new home, it's amazing the difference it's made to us both. Looks like where in for a good weekend weather wise not as warm as it is for you but plenty ofsunshinehopefully that will help us all get through Mother's day.

Smileless2012 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:27:58

PS I eventually got rid of the lovely dress I wore for ES's wedding when we were getting ready to move parklife. I don't know why I held on to it for so long as I'd never wear it again. Mr. S. got rid of his suit too.

Keep hold of those shoes Rosyglow, you never know you might be able to wear them again.

SparklyGrandma Fri 24-Mar-17 14:37:57

Afternoon ladies, how do you get rid of a wedding outfit? Charity shop?

I have a friends sons wedding coming up and am wondering if it would be ok to wear Royal Garden Party hat and shoes with a new outfit? Bad form? or OK?

flowers

Smileless2012 Fri 24-Mar-17 15:00:16

Certainly not bad form SparklyGrandma, go for it they must be rather fab if you wore them to a Royal Garden Party; any chance of you posting a picture of them on here?

Yes, our local charity shops did very well out of us when we moved; it was a lovely dress. That said, the one I wore for DS's wedding was even better and Mr. S. looked drop dead gorgeous in his outfit so much so that I was tempted to marry him all over againgrin.

eddiecat78 Fri 24-Mar-17 16:58:15

Steady on Smileless! Though I have to say that my DH looked pretty good at son`s wedding (the full frock coat job). Sadly I have now banished the photos.

celebgran Fri 24-Mar-17 23:03:59

Wow that was wonderful to actually speak to smilelss I did natter on!
First of many lovely chats I hope??

Beyond sad ladies it seems like little Rosie will not be with us too long now???
Day,from hell yesterday vets says found mark on bladder and Rosie has water infection so didn't do op we have her home on meds tom clear that up but not looking good, I cried and cried and have got to et a grip we been so lucky for fourteen years, we have take her back next wed to be rescanned but don't think will put her throng op now we seeing more experienced vet Monday,

well my dear hairdresser is Going do my hair tomorrow at hers so I can see her little newborn???

Happy weekend all dear h taking me away sun evening, dear son ordered flowers hope they arrive before we go bless him.

Even better we going stay with them next weekend,

I had amazing dress, hat jacket bag shoes for xxx wedding still wear dress occasionally on Cruise it was so beautiful.
If my ds marries it will be quiet affair I reckon, with them buying new house,
I would spend all my savings if Rosie could be spared few more months she means so much to us,

celebgran Fri 24-Mar-17 23:13:37

Taken through frame us at e daughters wedding

Rhinestone Sat 25-Mar-17 11:16:11

CelebgranWhat a lovely picture of you and your DH. You both look so happy. I love the hat and wish us Yankees would wear them again but the last time I wore one I was five.
I'm sorry about Rosie. Our pets are our family so it's so heartbreaking when they get ill.
Happy Mother's Day to you allflowers

celebgran Sat 25-Mar-17 11:26:05

Thanks rhinestone, mjstmadmit last couple irishnweddings I attended I wore fascinator
Hubbymwas in hired attire that groom took care of,
It was a lovely happy day Thank god we didn't know what was coming!

It was 11 years ago and themheartache since has affected our mental and physical health.

Great c you posting again rhinestone,

????for all us ladies estranged or otherwise am sure we all did our best that's what mums do.

celebgran Sat 25-Mar-17 11:28:30

I am sick with sadness over Rosie ??just enjoying ever minute we have left,

I realise we been so lucky but it still hurts like hel I Will miss her always she has been such a loyal little friend to me, xx

Yogagirl Sat 25-Mar-17 13:06:34

Lovely pic of Rosie Celebgran God Bless her!flowers xx
Sorry no time to write more, must dash....

Smileless2012 Sat 25-Mar-17 13:26:19

What a wonderful conversation with you Celebsmileit was a bit surreal hearing your voice for the first time. We've spent more than 4 years building our friendship on line and only spoke yesterday for the first time; can't wait until we meet in Julygrin.

Rosie's beautiful, I'm so sorry that it isn't looking good for herflowers. Lovely photo of you and Mr. C. as you say, thank goodness we didn't know what was to come.

flowerscupcakewinefor us all tomorrow; our EC may not be thinking of us but we'll be thinking of one another.

SparklyGrandma Sat 25-Mar-17 15:06:32

Smileless2012 I will try and work out how to load a photo of myself and my aunt in Royal Garden Party outfits on here.....good idea donating to charity shop..

Mothering Sunday - flowers delivered to my Mum, for myself a very naughty tub of M&S Rum n Raisin ice cream and a bottle of rose wine wine

Dont mind if I do. Sorry celebgran about Rosie...

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion