Gransnet forums

Relationships

Friends with Daughter-in-law on Facebook

(89 Posts)
chloeps Sat 04-Feb-17 20:35:27

I don't mean to sound childish and winey but my relationship with my daughter-in-law is odd to me.
I've been friends with her on FB since she's been married to my son for 9 years and I have yet to see one photo of myself on her huge albums of photos.
Am I being upset over nothing? Her mother's photo is in her albums but I got my feeling hurt over this. Help!

Grannyknot Sat 04-Feb-17 20:38:05

chloeps ignore it, that's Fussbook for you. It's not real life. I'd be mildly irritated and then I'd go, like, shrug. smile

Grannyknot Sat 04-Feb-17 20:38:59

Mind you, not even one! That is odd. But still, I'd shrug it off.

trisher Sat 04-Feb-17 20:46:30

How many photos of her do you have in your albums?

kittylester Sat 04-Feb-17 20:48:07

confused

NfkDumpling Sat 04-Feb-17 20:48:23

Made me wonder, so I checked my DiL's page. Ditto! Well, nearly. I am there in the family group photo, but otherwise nope, no picture of moi! I can't say it bothers me though as we get on really well and I know she loves me and she doesn't take many pictures.

NanKate Sat 04-Feb-17 21:03:08

Just checked my DinL's FB and there is a family photo with a profile of me chomping on a large potato or suchlike shock

suzied Sat 04-Feb-17 22:16:50

I wouldn't expect to be on DIL s photos. I wouldn't have my MIL on mine.

tanith Sat 04-Feb-17 22:28:03

I've been friends with my sons partner mother of my youngest grandson for 5+yrs I just checked and there isn't one photo of me in her pics.
I love her and she's a wonderful partner and mother to my son and grandson, its never crossed my mind that she might have photos of me in her FB photos she has lots of photos of her Mum Dad,brother and friends.

My son is the one who's always taking the pics, I really can't see what the problem is if you get on with her otherwise. Don't let a fuss over nothing spoil your relationship.

Lona Sat 04-Feb-17 23:10:05

It has never entered my head, and I certainly wouldn't expect her to have photos of me.
Why go looking for trouble? confused

Starlady Sun 05-Feb-17 00:07:26

Does ds have photos of you in his albums? Does he have photos of his mil?

I agree with Lona - why look for trouble?

grannyactivist Sun 05-Feb-17 00:21:11

I love my daughter in law to pieces, but as I am not friends with her on Facebook I have no idea whether my photo features on her FB or not. smile

Araabra Sun 05-Feb-17 03:26:09

I don't have photos of my dils on my FB, I don't expect they have any of me either.

BlueBelle Sun 05-Feb-17 05:43:58

Is this another 'wind up' thread ??

Luckylegs9 Sun 05-Feb-17 06:53:52

I certainly wouldn't worry Chloeps, I doubt if many dil have their mil photo on FB.

kittylester Sun 05-Feb-17 07:07:52

Only two of my Sil are on fb and, if I'm there, it's by accident. My sort of dil has 2. Very odd to even think about it. I spend an awful lot of time avoiding having my photo taken.

Anya Sun 05-Feb-17 07:58:09

What a truly first world 'problem' ???

thatbags Sun 05-Feb-17 08:39:32

If you think of being Facebook friends with your daughter-in-law as simply an easy way of keeping in touch, photos really aren't an issue. I think worrying about such stuff really is a bit snowflakish. Plus... what lona said about "looking for trouble/problems".

If I had a dil I wouldn't expect her to think about me from one new moon to another unless we had a great deal in common or she needed my help with her kids.

Elegran Sun 05-Feb-17 08:51:44

Yes, you are being upset over nothing. There are millions of people who don't have your photo on their Facebook page. It doesn't matter. What matters is your relationship with her - which would be very shallow if it depended on a photo on FB. Why manufacture angst when you don't need it?

PRINTMISS Sun 05-Feb-17 08:54:11

I doubt very much if I am on my daughter's face book, don't even know if she has one, so what? I can e-mail her if I need to ask her something, TALK to her on the phone even, don't need to be in constant contact.

Christinefrance Sun 05-Feb-17 08:58:46

What's Facebook ? smile

janeainsworth Sun 05-Feb-17 09:00:22

Chloeps I agree with everyone else you are looking for unnecessary trouble.
But here is a practical solution.
Get a photo of yourself and DiL.
Put it on your FB page and tag yourself and DiL.
Then it will appear on her page as well.
Voila grin

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 10:09:47

My son has pictures of me .....the most unflattering he could find ....one video of me asleep snoring ...and one where I had over indulged on the falling down juice at a party with my head down the loo....and he shared them blush

LauraMeredith Sun 05-Feb-17 10:14:40

I feel honoured that my DiL even wants to be friends with me on FB. In fact it was she who got me onto it in the first place. Never look for trouble where there is none.

CaliBoingo Sun 05-Feb-17 10:17:09

Why do you want to be in her photo albums? I'm glad I'm not plastered all over Facebook.