Gransnet forums

Relationships

The Duchess of Sussex and her father

(269 Posts)
DillytheGardener Sun 10-Feb-19 16:01:50

Read the latest in sad state of affairs between Meghan and her father today with sadness.

Her letter seemed so reasonable and made good points, her father has behaved in such an abominable way towards his daughter. Rather than pulling his head in after the stupid staged shots he was paid for, apologised and kept quiet till it all blew over he's dug his heels in and embarrassed her time and time again.

I'm not surprised her friends came out in support, even if she did direct it. Has the press no memory of how poor Diana and Fergie were berated and bullied? The idiot rags like the Daily Mail and the Sun are really going for it to make their money. I feel so sorry for her and hope it doesn't affect her pregnancy with all the stress.

I don't understand why the public seem to want her to reconcile with him. He obviously can't be trusted and she's wise to stay well clear, that side of the family is unhinged. Half brother with a DUI and domestic abuse, the other sister seems disturbed, her own daughter cut her off for goodness sakes and by the looks of it for good reason.

Harry was always my favourite, he's a bit older than my two children, but I always felt for him after Diana died. He was such a little mite behind the coffin.

Sparklefizz Tue 19-Feb-19 15:40:51

They are now! She was talking about the past.

Anniebach Tue 19-Feb-19 16:03:47

Yes they must be now

Bridgeit Tue 19-Feb-19 17:30:26

Was it an open letter printed for all to see?
Are there spy’s infiltrating letters ?
Was it given to the press?
Is there a GN spy who has special access to this family’s dynamics
OR is it journalists & scandalmongers making money & making mountains out of molehills, knowing that humans just can’t resists a good old bit of sh-t stirring ! ?

Anniebach Tue 19-Feb-19 17:32:33

Her friends spoke to the press criticising the father , he responded with making the letter public .

Bridgeit Tue 19-Feb-19 17:56:06

Not the brightest thing for her friends to do, what a shame,dirty linen doesn’t belong on the washing line !

NotTooOld Tue 19-Feb-19 21:58:14

Agree with Day6. Keep your head down, M, and make hay whilst the sun shines. I don't have a clue what's going on with M and her Dad or with M and H either (emasculated - what's that all about?) but from what I've read here it all seems slightly undignified.

icanhandthemback Wed 20-Feb-19 14:51:18

Her friends spoke to the press criticising the father , he responded with making the letter public .

I've only read the snippets of information that the press printed so, unless the whole letter was printed, we still won't know the whole story. I couldn't find the whole letter anywhere.

Lisagran Wed 20-Feb-19 16:01:14

“Daddy,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this, not understanding why you have chosen to take this path, turning a blind eye to the pain you’re causing.

Your actions have broken my heart into a million pieces - not simply because you have manufactured such unnecessary and unwarranted pain, but by making the choice to not tell the truth as you are puppeteered in this. Something I will never understand.

You’ve told the press that you called me to say you weren’t coming to the wedding - that didn’t happen because you never called.

You’ve said I never helped you financially and you’ve never asked me for help with is also untrue; you sent me an email last October that said: ‘If I’ve depended too much on you for financial help then I’m sorry but please could you help me more not as a bargaining chip for my loyalty’

I have only ever loved, protected, and defended you, offering whatever financial support I could worrying about your health…and always asking how I could help

So the week of the wedding to hear about you having a heart attack through a tabloid was horrifying.

I called and texted… I begged you to accept help - we sent someone to your home…and instead of speaking to me to accept this or any help, you stopped answering your phone and chose to only speak to tabloids.

If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop.

Please allow us to live our lives in peace.

Please stop lying, please stop creating so much pain, please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband…

I realise you are so far down this rabbit hole that you feel (or may feel) there’s no way out, but if you take a moment to pause I think you’ll see that being able to live with a clear conscience is more valuable than any payment in the world

I pleaded with you to stop reading the tabloids.On a daily basis you fixated and clicked on the lies they were writing about me, especially manufactured by your other daughter, who I barely know.

You watched me silently suffer at the hand of her vicious lies, I crumbled inside.

We all rallied around to support and protect you from day one, and this you know.

So to hear about the attacks you’ve made at Harry in the press, who was nothing but patient, kind and understanding with you is perhaps the most painful of all.

For some reason you continue fabricating these stories, manufacturing this fictitious narrative, and entrenching yourself deeper into this web you’ve spun.

The only thing that helps me sleep at night is the faith and knowing that a lie can’t live forever.

I believed you, I trusted you, and told you I loved you.

The next morning the CCTV footage came out.

You haven't reached out to me since the week of our wedding, and while you claim you have no way of contacting me, my phone number has remained the same.

This you know. No texts, no missed called, no outreach from you - just more global interviews you’re being paid to do and say harmful and hurtful things that are untrue.

Anniebach Wed 20-Feb-19 17:12:43

Now I do feel sorry for Megan, she made what has been described as a raunchy film ‘ Boys and Girls guide to getting down ‘ in 2010, it is to be re released

History repeated - Ko Stark and Andrew

PECS Wed 20-Feb-19 17:36:00

Oops!

Starlady Thu 21-Feb-19 09:00:33

Imo, that's just cruel! And totally opportunistic on the part of the movie people involved.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 09:04:37

It was a tv film , many films are re released, this film will make money

Starlady Thu 21-Feb-19 09:06:41

But, Annie, Koo and Andrew weren't married and she wasn't pregnant with his child. Also, with all due respect, Andrew isn't Harry or vice versa. And the Queen, at least, has learned, I think, from bitter experience, unfortunately, what pain it can cause everyone if you (general) try to break apart two people in love. So I suspect Harry and Meghan will weather this storm (if there is one) a little better than Andrew & Koo. But maybe I'm wrong.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 09:10:19

Starlady the film will not be shown here , the Americans see the royal family as celebs.

merlotgran Thu 21-Feb-19 13:45:55

Presumably Meghan's half a million dollar baby shower extravaganza was paid for by her celeb friends??

We just pick up the tab for the security detail. hmm

eazybee Thu 21-Feb-19 14:19:29

And how sweetly thoughtful of you, Anniebach, to make sure people know about it.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 14:22:50

How kind, thank you eazybee

PECS Thu 21-Feb-19 15:04:37

eaztbee you are not suggesting that self-confessed royalists are deliberately wooden spooning to disrupt the harmony so well known in the house of Windsor? hmm