Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Do you believe in angels

(119 Posts)
practical Mon 30-May-16 18:51:25

If you do what would you say is a sign any angels are near?

practical Tue 31-May-16 22:10:35

Anniebach sounds good, if you have time can you tell me what it entails?

Nonnie1 Tue 31-May-16 22:22:55

I don't believe in fairies or ghosts, or angels. I don't believe in fortune tellers or psychics or lucky heather or four leaved clovers. I don't think I am being very romantic this evening, but like Jinglebellsfrocks I am on a Gransnetting roll. This means I will spout rubbish just for the sake of it.

However, I am rather suspicious of Spiderman.

Anniebach Tue 31-May-16 22:40:26

Practical, our healing guild meets at our church. We have people involved in medicine , hospices etc give talks, we discuss Christ's healing ministry . We accept we are praying for healing without expecting what we think should the answer should be. There are guilds throughout the country . Last year I recall it said it had started in 1915,

No laying on of hands , we not only pray for the sick but the community, the environment.

If you would like a link I will pm it to you.

TwiceAsNice Tue 31-May-16 23:19:50

Yes absolutely they are a link between us and Heaven sent to intercede for us even when we don't realise it. I think many unexplained happenings for good are because of angels.

However I think you either believe in them or not, if a lot of gransneters are unbelieving of God they probably aren't going to believe in Angels either . I can't prove they exist but neither can you prove they dont.

Anniebach Tue 31-May-16 23:25:24

I so agree TwiceasNice.

TwiceAsNice Tue 31-May-16 23:35:12

So glad to be in agreement with a kindred spirit Anniebach us Welsh must stick together lol

Anniebach Tue 31-May-16 23:41:05

Aw cariad

granjura Wed 01-Jun-16 09:25:11

LOL Alima, no, no magic mushroom. You've surely heard of the Green Fairy (and no, despite all indications to the contrary in my case- it does not make you mad- only if, like Van Gogh, you mix it with turps and drink it by the litre ;) )...

Alima Wed 01-Jun-16 09:44:17

The only green fairy I know of is the one that goes "hands that do dishes feel as soft as your face with mild green fairy liquid"!

Alea Wed 01-Jun-16 09:45:13

gringrin

Alima Wed 01-Jun-16 09:52:25

I have just noticed the thread title and don't think I should be posting on here. Hot foots it away......

practical Wed 01-Jun-16 21:23:36

Anniebach
is this it? The Guild of Health & St Raphael
Healing through Christian Spirituality.

practical Wed 01-Jun-16 21:27:19

TwiceAsNice , I've got lots of books on angels
in some there are cases where someone has been In danger and someone appears and saves them yet when they turn to thank them they are no longer there.

Anniebach Wed 01-Jun-16 22:23:37

Yes practical , that's it

durhamjen Wed 01-Jun-16 22:41:32

A surgeon once told me I must have an angel on my shoulder as my dissection had healed up enough for me not to need a serious operation. I believe in that one.

Jalima Wed 01-Jun-16 22:59:43

I don't know
Getting worried because I don't know about a lot of things lately (God, angels, the referendum etc).

I think there is a possibility but there are also some charlatans around who have made money by writing books etc and jumping on the 'Angels Bandwagon'.

Nelliemoser Wed 01-Jun-16 23:14:22

granjura Isn't the "green fairy" absinthe which can be hallucinatory?

TwiceAsNice Wed 01-Jun-16 23:21:16

Yes practical that's just the kind of thing I mean angels as intermediaries for good. I have sensed things lots of times that I can't explain and I put that down to Angel presence

Anniebach Wed 01-Jun-16 23:37:06

Many Jamila, books, Angel cards etc. What concerns me about the books are the claims one only has the Angels for what one wants and the Angels provide.

practical Thu 02-Jun-16 20:06:08

There are a lot of charlatans around but if buying a book just look through it to see if it 'clicks' with you
If your gut feeling feels good with it the least you have got is a book you will find interesting. I have had a lot of junk books because I belonged to a book club and the little write up on each book seemed interesting then when the book was delivered I found they had done a write up of the only interesting bit in the book

Ceesnan Thu 02-Jun-16 20:46:14

No, but it's not surprising as I don't go for the "God" bit either.

Cherrytree59 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:30:28

Yes!
My dad definitely had an Angel on his shoulder!

I have a parking angel!

practical Sat 04-Jun-16 14:47:46

Cherrytree did you see that on TV where Gloria Hunniford said about the parking angel, and has it worked for you?

practical Sat 04-Jun-16 14:49:13

Anniebach have you read any of the Betty Shine books she was a healer and did distant healing?

rosesarered Sat 04-Jun-16 15:07:43

Why should a sign be a feather? Wouldn't that be from a passing pigeon?Nobody can prove that angels exist ( or do not exist) but even if they do, and are entirely invisible, since nobody has ever seen one, why on earth would they have wings like birds?
This only came about ( portraying angels, cherubs, with wings) in the Middle Ages, when people assumed this was how they got about between the Heavens and the Earth.