Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Tarot reading has worried me

(150 Posts)
ineedamum Wed 29-Jan-20 20:11:14

I have used this tarot reader several times over a few years and he has generally been accurate- specific dates and predictions have been correct eg redundancy,

This time he has predicted I may lose my job this May, a bullying manager is involved and a blonde woman helps him. This is because he got the fallen tower, 10 of swords and five of pentacles cards. The manager will say I'm underperforming etc

I have googled these cards and they aren't good- meant to be the worst in the whole lot.

I do have a bullying manager, the HR person is a blonde woman and I'm still on probation. It is also a step up and whilst I'm capable, I need training and he isn't supportive.

I don't want to lose a job after 6 months when it is a step up.

How can I stop worrying?

Shandy3 Thu 30-Jan-20 11:40:56

Cathieb
If you have ever experienced a counsellor who is manipulative report them!
Counsellors should not be manipulative. They should be empathic and work with you. If you've not experienced it personally yourself it's an unfair thing to suggest.

sandelf Thu 30-Jan-20 11:44:58

What a selfish, exploitative, blood sucker. Don't go there. What you need is moral support. This may help, or have a Google yourself. Life is going to be better! www.skillsyouneed.com/ps/confidence.html

Flakesdayout Thu 30-Jan-20 11:52:51

I've googled your cards and yes they can be construed as 'bad cards' but you need to get the context right. All can be seen as doom and gloom but there can be positives to this. For peace of mind I would stop dabbling with these and work on being positive in yourself, try to build your confidence and find an ally at work. Ask for training and don't let that awful man get to you. You would not have been given the step up if you were not capable so take comfort in that. It may be that HE is the one facing redundancy or trying to make himself look good. As others have said keep taking notes and try to stay strong. Good luck xx

tigger Thu 30-Jan-20 11:55:32

You can't, you need to take this as advice and think of ways of avoiding a situation. If you have a bullying HR manager and can prove this then you need to take action i.e. record all incidents so you have ammunition to fight back.

Alexa Thu 30-Jan-20 12:05:52

I agree with Nancat:

" Tarot is Guidance, not Destiny. You are shown the pitfalls ahead so that you can take action to avoid them."

cathieb Thu 30-Jan-20 12:09:08

Shandy3. Yes, I would say I have experienced this, but it was a subtle things and it was hard at the time, when I was in a bad state, to put my finger on how that counsellor was pushing me to see things in a particular way when I felt that she hadn’t grasped the facts. I just knew that I felt very uneasy and so stopped going and found someone else who was much more supportive and really listened. Much later I did counselling training as part of another job and saw that, however well trained and supervised, there are some counsellors who still ‘tell’ the client. Just saying.... follow your gut reaction.

Trewdie Thu 30-Jan-20 12:10:46

I agree wholly with Eglantine 21 keep records but in the meantime stay away from tarot card readers ,I can imagine it is worrying if you feel you could lose your job but this tarot reader is not helping matters just have faith in yourself and your abilities BIG HUG to you

Caro57 Thu 30-Jan-20 12:11:14

Keep a record of difficult interactions with manager. Can you go to their manager and say you want / need training but it is not being supported.
Any future issues over job you will need evidence - dates / times / conversation, / keep any email conversations to support a bullying claim

grandtanteJE65 Thu 30-Jan-20 12:17:22

Three things: persuade yourself to stop having tarot readings taken. Everything others here have told you about any kind of fortune telling is true.

Believe your manager when he says it takes time to get to know the job and that he is reasonably satisfied with your progress.

Have a word with your HR about what you perceive as bullying from the manager. She should be able and willing to help you. If things don't improve start looking for another job.

chris8888 Thu 30-Jan-20 12:28:41

If you want Tarot cards, buy a pack and learn how to use them. Same as Angel cards, rune stones and all the rest, they are guides (or a hobby). Best to deal with what the problem actually is ie you boss.

grannie7 Thu 30-Jan-20 12:38:11

I had my tarot cards read for a laugh with some friends.
I was told I was getting a big promotion at work as I was so good at my job——I am 75 been retired for 11 years lol
my next card said sadly I would never have any children—-
I have three children 7 grand children 1 great granddaughter.
the third card said sadly I would lose my dearest dad before the end of the year—— my dad died in 1990.
All my friends got the same sort of things not one of us got anything that could ever come truth.
The reason he was so wrong was not one of us gave any indication the he was on the right track no facial movements or anything.It was quite hard but
we had agreed not to.
One of the reasons we went beside the laugh was another of our friends had been and come home terrified of what he had told so we thought the only way to carm
her down was to expose him for what he was a charlatan.
You will be pleased to known our friend is fine now she had a good laugh at how very very wrong he had been about all our cards.He has been doing it for years and obviously made a good living.

Mabelle Thu 30-Jan-20 12:50:51

Include your personal email as a blind copy in emails you send and forward any important emails to your personal address in case there is a time you cannot access your work email. Good luck

Saggi Thu 30-Jan-20 13:15:54

Mumbo Jumbo.....for goodness sake grow up.

Sussexborn Thu 30-Jan-20 13:16:09

When I was being picked on at work I started making timed and dated notes, then told a friend of the bully what I was doing. Miraculously he started just saying the absolute minimum to me.

ReadyMeals Thu 30-Jan-20 13:19:37

Saggi, I don't see any posts from Mumbo Jumbo?

Jaycee5 Thu 30-Jan-20 13:21:53

notanan2 has put it well. People usually don't go to tarot readers when things are going well in their lives so they start of speaking sympathetically.
What is wrong will either be work or home so they have a 50% chance of being right and people tend to think a second guess is them being right.
Then, what is the most common problem with work, the boss. What it the most common problem with bosses? They are people who won't leave you alone to get on with the job or people who don't give you the help you need. An open question which make it look as if they have read the right answer.
The same is true of hair colour. Aside from a few areas, red hair is rare so it is going to be blonde or brunette.
No one wants to believe that they have been read, but you have.
It was disgraceful of him to give you the reading about the future that he did as it could push you to behave in a way that would make it true. He is a toxic person that you need to find a way to wean yourself off.
Eglantine has given good advice but you need to relax if you can as stress makes people make mistakes - and binning the tarot is part of that.

Jani31 Thu 30-Jan-20 13:26:20

Only one Tarot reader has ever said what came true in my lifetime. Eric in Salem asked who Charlie was? I was coming into money, it would take time. My daughter was told the same about Charlie and money plus she was very close to her Dad. She after me, so knew Charlie was going to be her firstborn's name, she found her Dad, 2 months later having passed. I was executor of his will which acculmalated 8 months later. She and her sister could start on the Property ladder.
Still waiting for my man to come into my life and a second wedding ring ?

MarieEliza Thu 30-Jan-20 13:40:33

As a Christian I stay clear of all occult practices including tarot, mediums, psychics etc. We don’t always know what darkness this is around us

pappillion Thu 30-Jan-20 14:03:27

The Tower is actually a good card despite how it appears, it gives you the chance to rebuild on firmer ground.
If you have severe issues at work, why not take a stand? Go to HR, they have to investigate and be neutral, I've seen it in places where I worked previously, allow them to nip the issue of bullying now.
Tarot cards are just guidance, they are advising you to take matters into your own hands..... You have the choice either with HR, or look around for other employment. Good luck whichever choice you make.

Kartush Thu 30-Jan-20 14:32:59

the problem with believing totally in tarot readings is that you can start a self perpetuating cycle of doom. you have the reading, they tell you something bad, you believe it and then start behaving in a manner which will bring about the prediction. you have already started this by filling your head with worry about your manager and a blond woman. you say your manager is bad, he was this way before the reading but now you are putting more into it than you did before. stop believing this stuff to the point where it affects your judgement. even if tarot readings were correct they would only be correct for the moment you were sitting in front of your reader, the minute you change something then the prediction changes..... trust yourself not a deck of cards

endlessstrife Thu 30-Jan-20 14:42:13

I echo the other Christian responses. I understand not everyone has a faith in Jesus, but there are multiple warnings in the Bible about dabbling in these sort of practices. It makes more sense to me, to have a belief in a Creator, than someone who claims to be able to tell your fortune. Many of them are fake, but there are those who do have ‘ the gift ‘. They won’t know who the gift is from, but it’s not God. A little bit of dabbling today, could have horrendous consequences tomorrow, then the only way out will be through becoming a Christian. There is plenty of “ fortune telling” in the Bible, but it is for the whole of mankind, it doesn’t give personal readings.

BlueBelle Thu 30-Jan-20 14:44:06

Whether you stay or go at work get as far away from the bloodsucking tarot reader as possible and don’t swap it for a medium or anyone else NO ONE can tell the future or the past they can definitely read you though learn to read yourself

Riverdance888 Thu 30-Jan-20 14:48:26

Honestly. I am sorry that you are feeling this way but really, it is time to STOP relying on these cards or this person you see. Firstly it is a total waste of time and money. No one can predict the future. What is happening is that you are putting yourself in a negative mindset and it would be better that you would find a good therapist, someone who will help you to build your confidence and who will list to your worries. If you stop and look at this. Many people have problems at work. Many people are in situations at work where they feel they are being intimidated. Many people have HR people with blond hair. Everything is so so general and can apply to millions of people around the world. Do yourself a great favour. Stop going to hear what these people have to say about a deck of cards. Get yourself an appiontment with someone like a CBT registered therapist. Your money will not be going into the pockets of these unscrupulous people. I don't know what country you live in but you will have learned that many of these TV, so called 'psychics' etc have been proved, without a doubt, to be fakes. There have been several court cases over the years that led to these card readers to add to their advertisements etc. 'FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY'. This is the fact. All you are doing is going to someone, hearing things that really have no use whatsoever and then getting yourself in a state of anxiety which is not a good thing. Make a decision to NOT go to these people. Make a decision to begin to like yourself more and set up an appointment with a Professional. You are not going to lose your job. If you are in a situation at work where you are being bullied, call citizens advice and tell them of your situation. They will let you know all about your rights. These days there are practices in place that make it illegal for this to happen. I wish you well in the future. THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE PERSON WHO HAS BEEN GOING TO A TAROT READER. Best wishes

Riverdance888 Thu 30-Jan-20 14:49:25

I have written a message to you regarding these tarot card readers. Please read and I hope that it will help you in some way. Very best wishes

Riverdance888 Thu 30-Jan-20 14:50:02

Well said