Gransnet forums

Site stuff

New site design being tested!

(585 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Aug-17 12:19:06

We're VERY excited to announce that we are finally testing out a new site design! We've been working really hard to make sure it's easier to user and looks neater than the current format.

It is a test though and it may take a day or two to get used to. Apologies in advance for any teething problems - hopefully they'll be minimal. If you have any major problems logging in or you can't access certain things please post on this thread or email us at contactus. We'd love to have your thoughts. smile

TriciaF Tue 10-Oct-17 11:49:40

AllieOxon I 'm trying to remember how I got rid of the adverts. I think it was the same as I've heard elsewhere:
with left hand press down the control button, and at the same time with right scroll the wheel on your mouse. This changes the size of the font and with any luck squeezes the adverts etc off the page.

AlieOxon Thu 12-Oct-17 09:33:14

I remember posting and it's not here!
This isn't what I did, but I can't remember....however it must have been a blip, as the ads have gone again.
Huh?

br0adwater Sun 15-Oct-17 22:19:29

Now what's happened?! My watched threads used to show how many posts had been made since my last post, but now the number refers to those since a few days ago, even when my last post was 5 mins ago. Very odd.

br0adwater Sun 15-Oct-17 22:23:18

Pah, it's back to normal now

LazyMail Mon 16-Oct-17 07:02:16

Ok on Internet Explorer but stil wrong on Chrome

LazyMail Mon 16-Oct-17 07:18:12

On Chrome it displays properly for "I'm On" but not for "Watching" !

kittylester Mon 16-Oct-17 09:16:46

I usually look at GN on my phone but I've recently been using the computer more and have found that bookmarking doesn't work there although it does on my phone.

And, (I always want to say 'thank you Ariadne' when I start a sentence with 'and') should something bookmarked on my computer be bookmarked in the same place on my phone and vice versa?

Esspee Mon 16-Oct-17 21:00:18

I find in really confusing that the OPs further contributions are not highlighted.

Lona Mon 16-Oct-17 21:13:02

Yes kitty, when I bookmark it's the same on phone, tablets and pc.