Gransnet forums

Site stuff

It's lurkers' week! Join in to win!

(236 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 09:09:07

Are you a longtime lurker? Love reading our threads but have never actually posted yourself? Then this is the week for you!

Simply say hello here, or post on one of our special lurkers’ week threads (which will all be listed here over the course of the week) and you could win one of our special prizes just for joining the fun.

What are the prizes, you ask? WELL <drumroll> we have an assortment of glorious goodies, from a limited-edition collection from Look Fabulous Forever, to a £50 voucher from the gorgeous jewellery retailer Merci Maman, from brilliant board games from John Adams to champagne glasses from Prezzybox and a year's supply of ebooks from Boldwood Books - and more! (Did we mention the money-can’t-buy, limited-edition Gransnet tea towels?!)

Posting is quick and easy - but if you have any questions, head over to our handy ‘getting started’ guide. This week we will also be running tips on how to get the most out of the site - and if you can't yet tell your DIL from your SIL, here's a handy guide to Gransnet acronyms.

Regular posters, fear not...as if we would leave you out of the fun. Seasoned gransnetters who extend the hand of friendship to newbies will also have their names put in the hat, just for being lovely people.

So welcome all. Don't be shy! Do post!

Say hello. Tell us what you like about Gransnet and join our warm and wonderful community. Happy posting!

GNHQ

--

And if you enjoy the site but haven't yet joined (it's totally free), you can do so here.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 09:18:04

More details on our fabulous prizes HERE

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 09:19:26

And the first of our special threads here...

What's the first single you ever bought?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 09:20:18

And next up...

What's your favourite piece of clothing?

Marydoll Mon 09-Mar-20 09:23:27

What a great idea to encourage people to post! ??

lemongrove Mon 09-Mar-20 09:46:46

Yes it is, a great idea from somebody.?Dive straight in if you are a new forum member, there are threads ( discussions) on just about every topic from politics to homecare.
A good idea is to ask a question, there is so much experience and expertise on here that no matter what the question is, you will receive many replies.

glammanana Mon 09-Mar-20 10:30:49

Such a good idea to encourage new people to post.

StoneyGran Mon 09-Mar-20 10:54:18

Hii, long time lurker here smile My grandson is 9 months old x

Marydoll Mon 09-Mar-20 10:55:37

StoneyGran, welcome. Can you please explain how you chose your name, or is it a secret? wink

Jewelswalk Mon 09-Mar-20 11:43:50

I'm a lurker, but I have posted a couple of times, but I didn't get much response.

marpau Mon 09-Mar-20 11:45:13

Hi I am a lurker I always read the posts but rarely post. I especially like Micks good morning thread the best weather forecasts lol. I have 2 Dgs age 8 and 6.

mrshat Mon 09-Mar-20 11:46:18

I'm a lurker altho' I post occasionally. Consider many Gransnetters my 'friends' and enjoy their posts. blush

Leah50 Mon 09-Mar-20 11:50:47

I Lurk every day & occasionally post, only last week I guessed a fellow poster came from the next village to mine. I was right, it could have been anywhere in the world eh?

trisher Mon 09-Mar-20 11:50:50

marpau welcome to GN! What sort of dogs are they? I would love a dog but I fear that the vet's bills might be too much for me. And what do you do when you go on holiday?
Cari on some of the other threads people aren't saying if they are new. I'd hate to upset someone by welcoming them when they've been on other threads and I just haven't seen them.

Morgie52 Mon 09-Mar-20 11:50:51

Hi, I am a lurker mainly, but have comment once or twice. I enjoy reading all your posts.

Strawberry Mon 09-Mar-20 11:54:46

Hello! I always read the posts but barely write, but I will try to join in now smile

Susiewakie Mon 09-Mar-20 11:54:48

Hi all I lurk and occasionally post have 2 tiny DGD and newly early retired ! Not sure what to do with the time yet ! Missing my work friends ATM

AlysonH Mon 09-Mar-20 11:56:24

Def a lurker... so far. Read some posts each day, however.

Maggiemaybe Mon 09-Mar-20 11:57:39

What a good idea from someone! It’s great to see new names, and welcome all of you. I think I’ve spotted posts by marpau and mrshat before, which goes to show you don’t go unnoticed on here, even if nobody replies directly. smile

Kayte Mon 09-Mar-20 11:59:58

I’ve been a lurker for a few years now, since my husband died, and enjoy reading the lively, amusing exchanges as well as words of wisdom and comfort from the regulars. I plucked up courage recently to reply to a lovely thread about remembering songs we learned in school; it was a nice feeling when I was thanked for my contribution, but I’m still a bit shy!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 12:00:51

trisher

marpau welcome to GN! What sort of dogs are they? I would love a dog but I fear that the vet's bills might be too much for me. And what do you do when you go on holiday?
Cari on some of the other threads people aren't saying if they are new. I'd hate to upset someone by welcoming them when they've been on other threads and I just haven't seen them.

Very good point. We will encourage people to say so from now on. It's not always easy to keep track of everyone

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Mar-20 12:03:07

Another thread... What are you having for lunch?

Nannan2 Mon 09-Mar-20 12:03:49

Do some not understand you said " havent posted before"??

Nanaval4G Mon 09-Mar-20 12:08:13

I am a lurker every day although I do post occasionally, I've found that there are the regulars that ,as in all forums , enter a sort of clique which puts me off a bit

dannysgran Mon 09-Mar-20 12:08:48

I'm a lurker too. I had just the one grandchild when i joined (my daughter's son) and now have four. My son's step son and two grand daughters from my other son. The youngest is just two weeks old. Happy days.
This is a great idea, posted once but felt awkward about just jumping in.