Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Hello from GNHQ

(263 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-Aug-21 14:41:14

Hi all

We think that it'd be good for us to get to know each other a bit more.

We at GNHQ are here to moderate the site, look after our users and ensure that Gransnet is an inclusive and supportive community. We're post-moderated, which means that we rely on reports to let us know what's going on. ​Our aim is to respond to every query we receive, so please don't be afraid to get in touch.

We're also keen to listen to feedback about site functionality, so tell us what you think - we'll always pass feedback on to the relevant team(s) for discussion, with the promise of making Gransnet better and more efficient for all users. If you've got any ideas for improvement then please share them below. Changes at the back end of the site do take time, but we're more than happy to keep you updated during the process.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves by replying below (or send us a hello privately via email/report if you prefer).

P.S Every time you hit the report button, an angel gets its wings (or a troll gets booted off site). <repeatedly clicks report button>

FannyCornforth Wed 22-Sep-21 08:34:13

The Mumsnet website has recently undergone a significant revamp.
I was hoping that we might have the old cast off site, along with its operational Search Function.

Doodledog Wed 22-Sep-21 08:18:34

Why does it take so long to tweak the back end of a website? Genuine question. On the boards on which I have been admin it’s just been a case of enabling options, but these were using commercial software.

If you have your own purpose-built website (why?) presumably there is a web team, or outsourced software testers whose job it is to keep on top of things? Why is it taking them so long?

JackyB Wed 22-Sep-21 08:08:44

Soniagransnet

Hi - just dropping in to say thanks for these suggestions which we've passed on. As soon as we have any updates, we'll let you know. flowers

Perhaps you could update us on a regular basis anyway Sonia? Even if it is only to say "no progress yet"?

nanna8 Thu 09-Sep-21 00:54:25

Soniagransnet

Hi - just dropping in to say thanks for these suggestions which we've passed on. As soon as we have any updates, we'll let you know. flowers

Thanks, good to know.

FarNorth Thu 09-Sep-21 00:24:01

Instant rapturous delight from the grans & grandads.

Soniagransnet (GNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-21 16:28:03

nanna8 Mon 06-Sep-21 12:24:47

Any feedback or follow up from all these suggestions or have we been wasting our breath? Just sayin’ ….

Alizarin Sun 05-Sep-21 12:13:43

Hello Ullabirgitta, I'll go into more detail if/when you start your own thread, but my daughter is totally blind due to having been given too much oxygen when she was born prematurely. Have a lovely few days away.

NanaandGrampy Sun 05-Sep-21 12:10:00

Just popped in to see what marvellous changes GN were going to make given all the input.

ah...... nothing .

No surprise there then.

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 12:07:51

Chewbacca

^Who's going to be Martha?^

Me!

smile

Visgir1 Sun 05-Sep-21 12:06:47

Like /dislike ability please.

Chewbacca Sun 05-Sep-21 11:53:34

Who's going to be Martha?

Me!

Ullabirgitta Sun 05-Sep-21 10:20:53

Thank you all for your positive reactions. I’ll have to give this some serious thought so it may be a few days before I start the thread. Also DH and I are going away for a few days tomorrow so please bear with me. Yes Alizarin describing photos is one of the things DH does for me. Does your daughter have any sight remaining? I’m totally blind and deaf due to Usher Syndrome and also a double leg amputee due to vascular disease from being a heavy smoker since my early teens. Quit smoking 30 years ago after my amputations. I’m sure many members will be able to relate in some way.

Callistemon Sun 05-Sep-21 10:17:54

Of course! ?

Who's going to be Martha?
hmm

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 10:14:49

I actually can’t put into words how much I love that photo ♥️

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 10:13:36

grin

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 10:12:27

Can I be Minnie Caldwell to your Ena please, Callistemon?

Callistemon Sun 05-Sep-21 10:10:40

fatgran57

Nothing ever changes, new keen moderator comes in, asks what we would like changed/updated etc, then nothing ever is implemented.

Also they treat us as though we are Ena Sharples and most of us are Helen Mirrin grin

By gum! Ena Sharples would soon have GNHQ
sorted out.
She'd not stand for any nonsense!

Right GNHQ, stop mucking around in there and get on wi' it.
Mine's a milk stout while you're at it.
(Adjusts hairnet and settles comfortably in The Snug)

Alizarin Sun 05-Sep-21 10:08:09

Hello Ullabirgitta, I would love to read how you cope with disability and also how/whether we can help. For instance, should I describe a photo for you when I post it on a thread? My daughter (aged 42) is blind, by the way.

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 09:52:58

Hello again Ullabirgitta There are many people on here with a wide range of disabilities, myself included.
I’m sure that it would be an excellent thread, and one which I haven’t seen before.
You will get plenty of replies.
And people on here love a new poster!

Ullabirgitta Sun 05-Sep-21 09:43:27

Thanks Fanny. Yes I’ll think it over. I’m sure I’m not the only member with a disability. It would be interesting to learn how other people manage and maybe pass on some tips if someone else is newly disabled

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 09:24:03

Ullabirgitta I think that it would be fabulous if you started a thread on this.

Ullabirgitta Sun 05-Sep-21 09:18:36

Typo. How I deal with living my daily life with disabilities.

Yes, an ”edit” option would be great.

Ullabirgitta Sun 05-Sep-21 09:16:07

Thanks for the welcome. I’m sure I’ll enjoy things here. Pity about the profile issue as I thought it would be a good chance to introduce myself and explain how I deal living my with daily life with disabilities.

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 09:12:04

Ok! Great, thank you.
Will do! smile