Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Hello from GNHQ

(263 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-Aug-21 14:41:14

Hi all

We think that it'd be good for us to get to know each other a bit more.

We at GNHQ are here to moderate the site, look after our users and ensure that Gransnet is an inclusive and supportive community. We're post-moderated, which means that we rely on reports to let us know what's going on. ​Our aim is to respond to every query we receive, so please don't be afraid to get in touch.

We're also keen to listen to feedback about site functionality, so tell us what you think - we'll always pass feedback on to the relevant team(s) for discussion, with the promise of making Gransnet better and more efficient for all users. If you've got any ideas for improvement then please share them below. Changes at the back end of the site do take time, but we're more than happy to keep you updated during the process.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves by replying below (or send us a hello privately via email/report if you prefer).

P.S Every time you hit the report button, an angel gets its wings (or a troll gets booted off site). <repeatedly clicks report button>

Chewbacca Sun 05-Sep-21 11:53:34

Who's going to be Martha?

Me!

Visgir1 Sun 05-Sep-21 12:06:47

Like /dislike ability please.

FannyCornforth Sun 05-Sep-21 12:07:51

Chewbacca

^Who's going to be Martha?^

Me!

smile

NanaandGrampy Sun 05-Sep-21 12:10:00

Just popped in to see what marvellous changes GN were going to make given all the input.

ah...... nothing .

No surprise there then.

Alizarin Sun 05-Sep-21 12:13:43

Hello Ullabirgitta, I'll go into more detail if/when you start your own thread, but my daughter is totally blind due to having been given too much oxygen when she was born prematurely. Have a lovely few days away.

nanna8 Mon 06-Sep-21 12:24:47

Any feedback or follow up from all these suggestions or have we been wasting our breath? Just sayin’ ….

Soniagransnet (GNHQ) Wed 08-Sep-21 16:28:03

Hi - just dropping in to say thanks for these suggestions which we've passed on. As soon as we have any updates, we'll let you know. flowers

FarNorth Thu 09-Sep-21 00:24:01

Instant rapturous delight from the grans & grandads.

nanna8 Thu 09-Sep-21 00:54:25

Soniagransnet

Hi - just dropping in to say thanks for these suggestions which we've passed on. As soon as we have any updates, we'll let you know. flowers

Thanks, good to know.

JackyB Wed 22-Sep-21 08:08:44

Soniagransnet

Perhaps you could update us on a regular basis anyway Sonia? Even if it is only to say "no progress yet"?

Doodledog Wed 22-Sep-21 08:18:34

Why does it take so long to tweak the back end of a website? Genuine question. On the boards on which I have been admin it’s just been a case of enabling options, but these were using commercial software.

If you have your own purpose-built website (why?) presumably there is a web team, or outsourced software testers whose job it is to keep on top of things? Why is it taking them so long?

FannyCornforth Wed 22-Sep-21 08:34:13

The Mumsnet website has recently undergone a significant revamp.
I was hoping that we might have the old cast off site, along with its operational Search Function.