Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Unwanted gransnet videos.

(167 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

eazybee Mon 10-Oct-22 14:56:26

Is anyone else's screen infested with 'Gransnet videos', the current one called Am I Being Unreasonable? concerning a wedding? I have reported it.

sharon103 Wed 12-Oct-22 13:52:37

Very annoying. I see enough adverts popping up on other sites. Not on here as well please.

karmalady Wed 12-Oct-22 13:57:53

I don`t get any videos or adverts. Delete the gransnet cookies and when you go onto GN again you will have to update your preferences. Read the preferences one at a time and only allow the essential ones

GrannyGravy13 Wed 12-Oct-22 14:53:17

iPad is fine but the little beasties are constant on my iPhone ???

Azalea7 Wed 12-Oct-22 15:01:49

Please get rid of these irritating videos. Please.

Oldbat1 Wed 12-Oct-22 16:15:28

Puts me off completely- no need for adverts!!!!!!

buffyfly9 Wed 12-Oct-22 16:56:48

These ads have suddenly appeared, they are really awful, I just cannot get rid of them. Some are Mumsnet, some about children's packed lunches !!

soop Wed 12-Oct-22 17:02:22

Please, spare us the bloody adverts. They are driving me potty.

Visgir1 Wed 12-Oct-22 17:05:21

soop

Please, spare us the bloody adverts. They are driving me potty.

Now I have got rid of the advert....
Totally agree!

FannyCornforth Wed 12-Oct-22 17:26:49

But if there were no adverts, there would be no GN.
MN/GN have been trying to drum up trade for a while, and it’s obviously worked.
GN is a source of revenue via a chat forum.
It’s not a charity

Callistemon21 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:02:02

We know there have to be adverts and usually they're across the top or a small one to the side and can be ignored or followed as we wish. They're not intrusive.

But the new ones appearing are on the right hand bottom of the screen and repeated very large appearing in the middle of threads. They are intrusive and annoying.

Remember a while back when we had videos appearing taking up a third of the screen, covering up threads?

GNHQ managed to get rid of those.
I hope they do something about these new ones.

muse Wed 12-Oct-22 18:04:09

I've got Adblock on my laptop. The ads come up when I first go onto GN but I click to allow Adblock access ....... no more ads.

Still get them on my iphone but I use my laptop more for GN than my mobile. Prefer a decent keyboard.

Callistemon21 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:06:45

I've tried Adblock several times.
Doesn't work

henetha Wed 12-Oct-22 18:09:00

I can accept that we have to have them. It's bearable when they are off to the side or at the top, but to place them right in the middle of threads is unreasonable.
Please stop this GN.

Wyllow3 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:11:37

I don't mind the little ones borrow left, you can delete them, its the huge chunks in the narrative I mind. I do accept there have to be some ads for GN to pay for its existence. I don't mind the banner ones that come at the top either you have to out up with them. Just the enormas chunks. if i saw that wedding one again I thought I'd go spare..

Wyllow3 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:11:57

sorry, bottom left ads not borrow.

MawtheMerrier Wed 12-Oct-22 18:17:54

Will somebody please pull the plug on these bl**dy video ads which are infesting GN
I don't care how much HQ thinks it needs the revenue.
I for one will be deregistering if this goes on much longerangryangryangry

MawtheMerrier Wed 12-Oct-22 18:20:21

FannyCornforth

It’s not a charity

Fine -so be it.
I'll be off then

BlueBelle Wed 12-Oct-22 18:22:59

Absolutely nothing on my iPad just as normal
Is it mainly laptops that having the problem ?

Callistemon21 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:25:30

Wyllow3

I don't mind the little ones borrow left, you can delete them, its the huge chunks in the narrative I mind. I do accept there have to be some ads for GN to pay for its existence. I don't mind the banner ones that come at the top either you have to out up with them. Just the enormas chunks. if i saw that wedding one again I thought I'd go spare..

I kept thinking "Just stop whingeing and bugger off to Gretna Green!"

Casdon Wed 12-Oct-22 18:27:26

MawtheMerrier

FannyCornforth

It’s not a charity

Fine -so be it.
I'll be off then

There’s a difference between the ads around the content, and the ones that pop up and obscure the thread you’re trying to read I think. I don’t have a problem with the surrounding ones, I just zone out and ignore them. The ones that pop up on the text (I just get a black box) are very irritating and I think Gransnet could resolve that - they aren’t on Mumsnet, so they must be able to.

Kalu Wed 12-Oct-22 18:28:17

I am still getting the black screen which means, still missing the first few posts on trends! Really beginning to P me off now, so much so, I leave GransNet and log on to another forum!

Kalu Wed 12-Oct-22 18:28:57

threads! ??‍♀️

Callistemon21 Wed 12-Oct-22 18:29:50

Now I've got:
"Mumsnet"
"Boris Johnson, Prime Minister, answers your questions"

?

Does Mumsnet know something we don't?

I think GNhas been hacked.

lemsip Wed 12-Oct-22 18:31:12

I am so annoyed about this ads pooping up on my laptop on every thread......what is being done to remove them. I've emailed twice and they say it's being looked into.. well I want it stopped.

henetha Wed 12-Oct-22 18:34:24

I love your typo there, lemsip.
Pooping is a good word for these pesky ads. ?