Gransnet forums

Sport

Six Nations 2014

(86 Posts)
JessM Sat 01-Feb-14 21:18:28

Well then. Wales not looking that sharp I thought, considering the stellar line-up. And England closely beaten by a dangerous looking France. I wouldn't like to put money on who was going to win the 6 nations this year.

ninathenana Sun 09-Mar-14 17:40:54

Woo hoo!! England on form. Sorry Welsh people, we have one very happy house here.

nannyfran Sun 09-Mar-14 17:44:49

I'm not surprised nina, you played really well. I just wish we hadn't been quite as awful!
I'm glad your house is happy, as my DH is English, half of ours is too.

ninathenana Sun 09-Mar-14 17:48:43

Very gracious of you nannyfran you wouldn't get that from majority of rival soccer fans.
I love rugby smile

nannyfran Sun 09-Mar-14 17:53:22

Me too, in spite of today. Did you see the footballer at half time who said much the same thing? It's always a nicer atmosphere in rugby matches.

ninathenana Sun 09-Mar-14 20:05:30

Missed that. Was making brew

gettingonabit Sun 09-Mar-14 20:05:51

A bit of an aside, but did anyone else dislike the women singing the National Anthems during the Wales/ England game? As if the crowd needed any help to sing! The woman singing the Welsh one was particularly awful, her rendition full of mispronounciations.

Soutra Sun 09-Mar-14 20:15:47

And SO SLOW - it's not a style of singing the anthems I have ever liked. But I always find the unaccompanied verse of Flower of Scotland very moving.

JessM Sun 09-Mar-14 21:03:23

Yes, not even singing in time to the band.

mrshat Sun 16-Mar-14 15:40:02

Have to say I am delighted with the final result. I think (know!) Ireland deserved to win the championship and delighted for good old Brian to go out on a high. A very tense 10 minutes at the end tho! shamrock grin

nannyfran Sun 16-Mar-14 16:21:19

As we Welsh had an off season, I'm delighted that Brian could go out on a high and Ireland were worthy winners.
I'm sorry our game was marred by the Hogg incident, it was so unlike him and I would have liked a win under more equal conditions.Why didn't we play like that all through the tournament?
I don't know what I shall do at weekends now, I might be forced into ironing and housework!Awful thought!