Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Spring dresses -any recommendations?

(58 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 27-Mar-19 10:26:17

We're looking to update this page on spring dresses with the new season's styles ?. Any recommendations for specific dresses from those of you who've already started shopping? And are there any retailers you think should be included? smile

starbox Fri 29-Mar-19 18:20:23

Gudrun Sjoden every time!

B9exchange Fri 29-Mar-19 18:52:07

EBay for me! I have just bought three new summer dresses, two Hobbs and one Oasis for under £30 for the three!

Coolgran65 Fri 29-Mar-19 19:31:25

I am a plus size and always looking for something funky. Don't wear dresses because like a pp I have thread veins on one leg that I try to cover, so usually maxi dress or inevitably trousers/linens.

However, last year I did graduate to wearing leggings with a couple of knee length dresses and felt very brave doing so. Last week I came across a site on Amazon (and it's also on eBay) that catered for plus sizes and I've no idea how it came about because I've never ever bought clothing from Amazon.

The reviews were exceptionally good, and lots of them. A particular dress was £29.99 and I went for it in plain navy. A knee length summer dress but most suitable also for wearing with leggings. Said dress has arrived and I am delighted. So much so that I've ordered it also in black, and in red with a pattern.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolfairy-Plus-Size-Dress-Midi-Beach-Holiday-Summer-Spring-Short-Sleeve-Lagenlook/253411054362?hash=item3b0079d31a:m:mHZLWYwBxelxp1rL8BnFNcQ&var=552576308333

High end it is not but it will be great for every day and for holidays. Suitable also for wearing a Tshirt underneath on cooler days.
Sits close at the shoulders but cut fuller arount the middle with massive funky pockets.

Suits me perfectly, so comfy, hides a multitude of sins, looks great with sandals or lace-up canvas. Easy to dress to suit a personality.

Can you tell I love it.

Marydoll Fri 29-Mar-19 19:44:25

I particularly like the red one! smile.
This thread has been great for discovering new brands.

giulia Sat 30-Mar-19 09:03:30

Has anyone ever bought from this J..F..N advertiser that always flashes up on the right hand side of Gransnet? I wanted to but saw there was a warning about it not being a safe site so didn't dare. They do have some pretty summer dresses though.

mumofmadboys Sat 30-Mar-19 16:51:40

Bamm and Glammagran I saw those shift type dresses in linen for £25 in a range of colours. They do look lovely. They appeared to be made of linen?

Alexa Sat 30-Mar-19 17:13:50

I just bought a long teeshirt dress from M and S. All cotton. Plain red. Long-short sleeves. My usual size 16 it skims without clinging. I sent for another in black. M and S has several nice plain shirt dresses and teeshirt dresses. I also bought a linen/cotton shirt midi dress with drawstring waist. I like plain understated and this is a vast improvement for M and S after those too elaborate PerUna things.