Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Does anyone use a foot spa at home?

(54 Posts)
Patsy70 Wed 18-Nov-20 15:10:16

I’m thinking of buying one - a little bit of pampering in the comfort of my own home - and wondered if any GNs could recommend a particular brand. Thank you for your time.

aggie Wed 18-Nov-20 15:14:21

The charity shops get loads of these after Christmas, just saying !

Kamiso Wed 18-Nov-20 15:15:59

I’ve got one but haven’t used it recently since OH retired and we mostly drive to get where we need to be. Used to come in handy when I had to get myself out and about and my feet would ache with the walking.

Might be worth asking on Freegle if anyone has one lurking in their loft!

Blossoming Wed 18-Nov-20 15:20:54

Yes, I bought it because I had foot drop and neuropathic pain following a brain injury and I was advised to try one to stimulate the nerves in the foot. I love to sit having my feet massaged with warm water while I read.

Patsy70 Wed 18-Nov-20 15:38:15

Are we permitted to name the brand Blossomimg and Kamiso? I would quite like to buy one now, rather than wait until after Christmas.

grannylyn65 Wed 18-Nov-20 15:42:52

Gave mine away

Blossoming Wed 18-Nov-20 15:50:07

I don’t know if it’s permitted, but I can’t actually remember. I’ll have a look later. It’s a fairly cheap one from Argos.

MissAdventure Wed 18-Nov-20 15:52:37

I had one and couldn't be bothered to get it out, fill it up, find a towel... (being lazy is a curse, sometimes)

Blossoming Wed 18-Nov-20 15:57:47

It’s a Visiq Bubble foot spa massager, still available on the Argos web store, costs thirty quid.

Blossoming Wed 18-Nov-20 16:02:17

Mine lives in the en-suite bathroom. There’s a handy power socket just outside the bathroom door. The foot spa sits at the bottom end of the shower cubicle, though I move it when I use the shower. I fill it up using the shower head, plug in, switch on, pull up a chair and enjoy smile

It has helped my recovery/rehab a lot, which I guess is an incentive for me to use it frequently.

lemsip Wed 18-Nov-20 16:05:16

Yes, my son bought one for me many years ago. hardly used it. too much bother.

MissAdventure Wed 18-Nov-20 16:06:02

Ah yes, that sounds easier to access than mine, hidden away at the bottom of the wardrobe. smile
It's good to know it has helped you, so people get a balanced view.

I presume they do good, because they've been around for years now.

Lancslass1 Wed 18-Nov-20 16:14:50

We have one and I love it.
We only have one bathroom so I bring it into the sitting room ,plug it in pour in some shower gel and relax.
It makes a noise and I can't feel any"bubbles" like a baby jacuzzi but I don't care.
Go on ,Patsy.
Treat yourself

Onthenaughtystep1 Wed 18-Nov-20 16:32:45

Do think about how easily you will be able to carry it full of water. It is quite a weight.

MissAdventure Wed 18-Nov-20 16:38:40

And the faster you walk, the more it slashes.
I think I have an invention in mind.

A foot spa on wheels.

MissAdventure Wed 18-Nov-20 16:39:14

Sploshes!!! Not slashes.

Patsy70 Wed 18-Nov-20 16:47:37

It is good to hear that you have found it so beneficial in aiding your recovery, Blossoming, and thank you for the information. I’m not usually one for buying products like this, but fancy some foot therapy, so will go ahead and treat myself and share it with my OH, Lancslass1. smile.

Lancslass1 Wed 18-Nov-20 17:13:06

Good for you, Patsy .
I bring it in empty
Bring a washing up bowl of hot water in plus a kettle to top it up.
Yes it is difficult to pick up from the floor and I usually slop a bit of water but I don't care .

Patsy70 Thu 19-Nov-20 09:12:11

Yes, Lancslass1 I don’t want to drop the lot before I start, that would completely beat the object. grin

Greyduster Thu 19-Nov-20 09:34:46

You’ve just reminded that me that mine is sitting on top of a cupboard in the garage!

NoddingGanGan Thu 19-Nov-20 10:15:50

Yes, I have an Elle MacPherson one my son bought me a few Christmases ago. I wouldn't be without it. Been doing lots of long walks in an attempt to keep the endorphins up during the virus and it's bliss at the end of the day!

Brigidsdaughter Thu 19-Nov-20 10:22:10

Ours is used often. Not daily but a few times weekly. Mostly by DH but as I walk a lot and have phases of sore feet I use it then and its wonderful. Rocking chair, hit spa with lively foit stuff. Bliss...

Brigidsdaughter Thu 19-Nov-20 10:23:21

Asts ages. Thetapeutic

Brigidsdaughter Thu 19-Nov-20 10:25:01

I should edit
Lasts ages

Brigidsdaughter Thu 19-Nov-20 10:26:27

We are on our 3rd over 15 years. Dont spend a lot. Ours no longer keeps hot. Have kettle boiled