Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Forgiving trousers?

(59 Posts)
GranJan60 Thu 10-Jun-21 11:47:57

Can anyone recommend cotton trousers/crops with an elasticated waistband/back elastic for post-lockdown wear? I HATE those polyester sweaty ones usually offered.

FannyCornforth Thu 10-Jun-21 11:58:56

M&S usually do linen trews with an elasticated waist.
I've bought lots over the years

cornishpatsy Thu 10-Jun-21 12:01:54

F&F at Tesco or online at Next. Several colours in wide leg, crop or tapered.

MawBe Thu 10-Jun-21 12:03:19

I shall never forgive my trousers for “shrinking” in the wardrobe over the 15 months

glammanana Thu 10-Jun-21 12:11:25

Next & Tu have a nice selection I ordered from both stores this week due for delivery today,both elasticated waists I have had them previously and they both wash & wear well.

foxie48 Thu 10-Jun-21 12:17:33

Have a look at Land's End online, they have some trousers with an elasticated waist and they have a good discount on ATM

Jaxjacky Thu 10-Jun-21 13:05:30

Cotton Traders and Damart are rated by my friend.

Doodledog Thu 10-Jun-21 13:07:58

MawBe

I shall never forgive my trousers for “shrinking” in the wardrobe over the 15 months

Mine have done the same ?.

As has my underwear, and the resulting combination is neither comfortable nor attractive.

annodomini Thu 10-Jun-21 13:09:13

Also look at the Cotton Traders' on-line catalogue. I have linen-mix crops bought from there a few years ago. Many of their products have stretchy waistlines.

Purplepixie Thu 10-Jun-21 13:13:21

I discovered some fully elasticated green cotton trousers at Tesco. Also some black cropped trousers. I have bought a pair of each and they are so comfortable.

MiniMoon Thu 10-Jun-21 13:16:21

I bought some linen mix pull on trousers last year. They still have them.
HERE

MiniMoon Thu 10-Jun-21 13:18:29

Meant to say that they are my favourites for the warm weather. They are true to size.

Blossoming Thu 10-Jun-21 13:20:50

Weird Fish online have some lovely elasticated waste linen crops and they have a discount code at the moment.

mamaa Thu 10-Jun-21 13:36:29

I’ve just bought two pairs of the m and s linen trousers, good fit even though I’ve had to go up a size?

Chewbacca Thu 10-Jun-21 13:41:54

This is a timelynthread because I bought 2 such pairs yesterday from Matalan. 100% linen, drawstring with little toggles at the front and elasticated at the back. I bought black and navy but they had khaki, cream, white and beige as wel. £10.00 a pair. I've had loads of linen trousers from Matalan over the years and, imo, they wear and wash better than M&S ones. which are more
expensive

mamaa Thu 10-Jun-21 14:59:37

Wish I’d seen your post a few days ago Chewbacca I’ve had a few items from Matalan, totally forgot about it! Might just order a couple of pairs, just in the name of research and future expenditure you understand!

lemongrove Thu 10-Jun-21 15:03:07

MawBe

We must be using the same washing powder Maw ?

All I can think of GranJan, is the cotton mix joggers that M&S do cheaply in black or grey or navy, very useful at times!

JackyB Thu 10-Jun-21 15:08:52

I have a pair in cream linen/cotton mix which fitted perfectly for €9.99 from a really cheap shop. I kept meaning to unpick them and use them as a pattern to clone some more the same but in different colours. They don't fit me any more, though. They were with buttons and zips, so maybe if I elasticated them...

Otherwise, I will find it difficult to forgive them(!)

Bambamgran Sat 12-Jun-21 14:01:17

John Lewis own brand cropped linens are lovely! Bit more expensive but hang beautifully. Also their olive green spotted loose crops, bought in desperation but now I really love them!

Lucca Sat 12-Jun-21 14:05:55

FannyCornforth

M&S usually do linen trews with an elasticated waist.
I've bought lots over the years

“Trews”. FannyCornforth !! One of my hated words along with hubby and trimmings.

Blossoming Sat 12-Jun-21 15:14:55

This is fascinating, I’m learning such a lot from Gransnet.

I wonder if Jill Biden wears cheapo M&S joggers? It appears they’re ‘age appropriate’ for her. No use to me obviously, as I’m younger than Jill and wouldn’t be seen dead in them .,,

awaits incomjng vitriol and bitter lemon juice grin

Justwidowed Sat 12-Jun-21 15:29:03

I'm also looking for elasticated trousers but I need smaller than my usual size 20/22.I have lost so much weight since mid April with excess fluid in my legs.I used to get the shortest length from B& M but our local stores have closed.I'll now try Matalan and F & F .

Callistemon Sat 12-Jun-21 16:26:28

I think the fairies have been and swapped all my summer clothes for identical ones in a smaller size.
?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️
I need a fairy godmother to come and swap them back again.

My neighbour looked slim and lovely and said it was because of lockdown confused

Right - which makes of linen trousers are true to size or on the generous side?

Lucca Sat 12-Jun-21 16:28:02

Bambamgran

John Lewis own brand cropped linens are lovely! Bit more expensive but hang beautifully. Also their olive green spotted loose crops, bought in desperation but now I really love them!

Just ordered the spotted ones but in blue! Thanks

Theoddbird Sun 13-Jun-21 10:35:15

I still wear a pear of white cutoffs bought in Spain 19 years ago. Never found a pair that fit so well. I wear cotton/linen dresses now. Dresses rule...dump the trousers....hahaha