Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Forgiving trousers?

(60 Posts)
GranJan60 Thu 10-Jun-21 11:47:57

Can anyone recommend cotton trousers/crops with an elasticated waistband/back elastic for post-lockdown wear? I HATE those polyester sweaty ones usually offered.

welbeck Sun 13-Jun-21 17:42:05

when i saw the title, forgiving trousers ?
i thought,
why what have they done, taken themselves off down the road without you ?

mind you, i'm often out of step with much of the zeitgeist on here.

Greciangirl Sun 13-Jun-21 18:03:50

Damart catalogue has loads of those sort of trousers.
Some nice cropped Capri pants. Pull on jeggings.

Have a look online.

Cabbie21 Sun 13-Jun-21 21:24:16

I have some forgiving skirts, but my problem is footwear. With trousers, I can wear lace up trainer type shoes, which are really comfortable, but I am not keen on wearing them with a skirt, particularly as I need to wear socks. I have a cousin who wears skirts, socks and lace ups but I am not prepared to go down that route. Young women wear trainers with skirts and dresses, mainly white trainers. Maybe I should go for that look, but I am far from young!

Amberone Sun 13-Jun-21 21:37:22

Cabbie61 I am mid sixties and I wear tennis shoe style shoes with my dresses and skirts (not with socks though! ). I buy cheap ones usually, and put in a nice comfy insole. I have a couple of pairs of Hotter ones too.

Rosiebee Mon 14-Jun-21 08:24:19

M&S do a linen mix line in crops and trousers. I like their "peg" style trousers with elasticated back waist and have pairs in navy and black and stone. BHS was my go to for cotton crops. Still have lots of pairs which are in daily use all summer.

Jodieb Sun 20-Jun-21 16:46:21

What I don't like about elasticated waists is the ties - who wants a bow in front you? I'm pleased to see some have a zip and button this year.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 28-Dec-21 13:25:48

This is of great interest to me I, too have had the problem. Even a coat shrank while hanging ing the wardrobe - I don't care what the trousers look like, as long as they fit comfortably!!

lizzypopbottle Tue 28-Dec-21 13:54:35

Get the old sewing machine out of mothballs, GranJan!

Kc55 Tue 28-Dec-21 18:38:23

George at Asda do a black straight leg jogger for a very reasonable price. Also Simply Be £12? I think. So comfortable , don't need ironing, they do have a tie front but it's not functioning so I just cut them off.