Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Forgiving trousers?

(60 Posts)
GranJan60 Thu 10-Jun-21 11:47:57

Can anyone recommend cotton trousers/crops with an elasticated waistband/back elastic for post-lockdown wear? I HATE those polyester sweaty ones usually offered.

GraceQuirrel Sun 13-Jun-21 10:36:05

Is it just me that hates linen? Looks so scruffy after you’ve sat down or worn a seatbelt.

Ailidh Sun 13-Jun-21 10:43:48

Euphoria boutique online have a fantastic range of crops and joggers. All of them have pajama tie waists, and are cool and comfortable. Nice, roomy pockets.

Their "Alice" joggers in Standard have a 13.5" rise length, if that's the right term for waist to gusset, and 26" inside leg.
On my friend who's 6'3", they come to knee/calf; on shorthouse me (5'2"), they're ankle length, and can be rolled up and stay put.

Graygirl Sun 13-Jun-21 10:45:43

Cotton Traders, wide stretch waistband , 3 lengths not see through, about £30 true to size

Peff68 Sun 13-Jun-21 10:48:55

I’ve just found Shein website fabulous clothes really cheap, and they have a curvey collection order loads from them and sizing accurate too love them!

Janburry Sun 13-Jun-21 11:14:07

I've just bought some trousers, they're lovely and comfortable, linen, wide leg, elasticated waist one in natural and one in a very subtle light green ,£17.99 from H&M

SusieFlo Sun 13-Jun-21 11:16:41

Lands end do good ones. MY50 code gives a 50%discount until 17thJune

Candelle Sun 13-Jun-21 11:22:46

Try Uniqlo. Excellent quality and they wear fantastically well.

Different styles/cuts around £25.00, sometimes 'on offer' for less.

I have many pairs of their trousers in varying weights/materials and almost all are pull on but have front flies, so they don't look babyish/old womanish!

JaneJudge Sun 13-Jun-21 11:28:52

these look nice

Betty18 Sun 13-Jun-21 11:32:48

Uniqlo I’ve bought several pairs and they’ve been brilliant. Also they only cost about £13 . Can’t remember exactly as I went into a buying frenzy.

inishowen Sun 13-Jun-21 11:39:22

This post resonates with me! I have spent the morning trying on my shorts, trousers and tops. The majority are too tight and are in the charity bag. As I've got older I eat less, yet keep getting fatter round my middle.

Bijou Sun 13-Jun-21 11:42:33

Women of a certain age and size do not look their best in trousers. I am sure that a lot of women don’t look in a mirror at their back view. A dress is more cooling in hot weather.

Lulubelle500 Sun 13-Jun-21 11:50:42

I have Poetry linen trousers this Summer, wide leg and cropped, black and white. Their linen is a slightly heavier weight and disguises any wobble from lockdown indulgence.

Knopflerfan Sun 13-Jun-21 11:52:59

I’m so glad other GNs have had the dreaded shrinking trouser problem. In this house it seems to be spreading, I just unpacked my summer clothes and ALL my t-shirts and tops have shrunk too.
Now to try on the swimming costume - but first, I feel, a morale-boosting G&T is called for...

rowyn Sun 13-Jun-21 12:37:31

Am I the only person to avoid linen trousers because they become limp and crease so easily ?

Grandyma Sun 13-Jun-21 12:39:25

These: bought 2 pairs. Love them, don’t even realise I’m wearing them!!

Grandyma Sun 13-Jun-21 12:55:37

Also don’t be put off by the fabric description, they are very lightweight and feel like cotton.

blueberry1 Sun 13-Jun-21 13:26:39

GraceQuirrel and Rowyn, I so agree with you. Linen is an awful fabric that always looked creased.

BellaT2 Sun 13-Jun-21 13:44:50

I’m also looking for COTTON trousers, which are hard to find. The replies seem to be about linen trousers. Has anyone found some cotton ones?

knspol Sun 13-Jun-21 14:12:39

I'm also trying to ditch trousers for dresses and these are far more forgiving. Just had a couple from Boden, reasonable price and very comfy to wear. Much cooler in this weather too.

Hobbs1 Sun 13-Jun-21 14:19:53

Next, M&S, Wallis all do really nice Harem/joggers, really comfy, and trendy and lovely colours and patterns.

Loulou54 Sun 13-Jun-21 14:45:03

I discovered magic trousers (google them) they are the most fantastically comfortable trousers for all ages. I’m 55 and have so many pairs in different colours and designs long and cropped. I do have to wear a longer looser top with them because 1.5 stone caught up with me during lockdown!! ? even without the 1.5 extra stone I would still wear them for the comfort value and how lovely they look

Rosalyn69 Sun 13-Jun-21 15:18:49

Linen is lovely. It’s cool and light and meant to crumple.
Now is the time to ditch the joggers.
Trousers with elastic waist (all or part) - Biden and Hush for me.

SJV07 Sun 13-Jun-21 16:21:29

Should any ladies of varying sizes need a skirt, try skirtfanatic.com from Totnes. Reversible, many adjustable sizes, and good cotton. 2 patterns per skirt and different lengths. Also reasonably priced. Recommended.

Bluedaisy Sun 13-Jun-21 16:27:05

K j Brand do some lovely lightweight seersucker trousers for summer also simply robbell loads of different colours and all with elastic waistbands

Lucca Sun 13-Jun-21 17:32:21

Peff68

I’ve just found Shein website fabulous clothes really cheap, and they have a curvey collection order loads from them and sizing accurate too love them!

Hmmm. Not my experience of Shein ! Poor fabric.