Gransnet forums

Technology

Remanufactured Ink Cartridges

(29 Posts)
speck123 Fri 03-May-13 21:02:33

I have recently been tempted to by remanufactured ink cartridges from printerinks at half the price i would expect to pay at my usual printer company for a new cartridge. I hav black and also colour cartridge from this source and I find all well except that the printed page will sometimes show a slash of colour like a thin ribbon on the page here and there, without any `pattern`. Anyone any ideas how I can stop this colour `splash` appearing on my printed page. It doesn`t happen on all the pages maybe one in five or six.
Comments would be appreciated.

INKredible Tue 10-Feb-15 14:45:59

I work for a UK Ink Cartridge online retailer and don't mind answering any questions people might have about Printers or Ink Cartridges. I'd be happy to help smile

One quick tip... Don't always buy the cheapest printer that the large electrical store sales assistant recommends, it'll almost certainly cost you more in Ink Cartridges, very quickly!

Also, be wary of shops that refill empty ink tanks on the premises in the back room. Not a great way of doing it and we've had several people come to us where the lid has been hot glued back on!

feetlebaum Tue 10-Feb-15 15:33:47

I've used compatible cartridges for ages, currently with a Canon iP2702.

No problems, once you have learned to ignore the spurious 'out of ink' messages! When you use manufacturer's cartridges you only get the message after a period of use has elapsed, but it's still worth ignoring, as there are many more pages to be printed before it really runs out.

INKredible Tue 10-Feb-15 15:41:53

feetlebaum - Yes, Canon are particularly good at letting you go past the recommended 'out of ink' message. They are the manufacturer we generally recommend for buying printers, and they're what we use in our offices here.