Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Invictus Games

(3 Posts)
PRINTMISS Mon 15-Sep-14 08:31:51

I am sure some Gransnetters must have been watching these on the television and found them as inspiring as I have. These young men and women have been through so much, and must have witnessed some horrible scenes, and yet there they were thoroughly enjoying the event so well organised by Prince Harry. And praise not only for them and the Prince, but the dedicated staff and volunteers who must have worked hard and long (and often gone home feeling really exhausted), to encourage these brave people to achieve so much. Well done everyone!

annodomini Mon 15-Sep-14 09:09:23

Yes, PRINTMISS, I too watched some of the games, and well done to the BBC for airing them. Almost all the competitors had an inspiring story to tell and many had suffered horrific injuries. Some of the winners were of a standard to make the paralympic squad for Rio, but every one of the participants was a winner in my eyes.

Charleygirl Mon 15-Sep-14 09:28:02

I agree, I watched quite a lot of the swimming and loved it all. I was sorry to see empty seats although apparently the swimming had been sold out.