Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Frank Sinatra - our way

(9 Posts)
rosequartz Sun 04-Jan-15 10:57:58

It was on whilst we were eating in another room and I said to DH that Michael Buble must be the guest on the programme.

A fairly uninspiring evening of tv followed by a few good choices tonight. All or nothing.

Mishap Sun 04-Jan-15 10:38:57

I caught a glimpse of this programme and headed straight for the off switch!

ayse Sun 04-Jan-15 08:47:27

DH really enjoyed the show but thought the 4 guys should have won. I'm not fond of talent shows or Frank so went away and ended up on Gransnet. A much better alternative for me. It looks like there might be some OK telly in the evenings coming up but I'm glad to have a freeview box to record some of the stuff on commercial TV.

Liz46 Sun 04-Jan-15 06:24:44

We ended up putting the t.v. off and reading instead. The Frank Sinatra programme was dire. Casualty was just about o.k. but Mrs Brown was a repeat from a few nights ago.

We are a bit stuck at the moment as we both have sore feet for different reasons so are having a taste of what it might be like to be housebound. I feel so sorry for anyone who lives alone and relies on t.v. for company in the evening. No wonder we end up on forums!

papaoscar Sun 04-Jan-15 06:13:46

Yes, the theme was a bit jaded, not helped by a badly dressed gushing female presenter and despite the male presenter's valiant though desperate attempt to be a crooner himself (He's a trained singer so has no excuse for this flop.) Yet the public still line up like lemmings looking for their Boyle moment. Sadly this one burst messily and we had to hurry off to Casualty in search of more reliable New Year cheer. It finally took Mrs Brown's earthy ramblings to save the evening.

alex57currie Sun 04-Jan-15 00:29:45

The whole concept was a pile of sh1te

ninathenana Sat 03-Jan-15 20:44:31

I agree Coolgran he was a worthy winner but he was definitely imitating Bubble smile

Coolgran65 Sat 03-Jan-15 20:37:17

I thought the winner George was the best of what was available wink

ninathenana Sat 03-Jan-15 20:24:54

The winner George was a complete rip off of Michael Bublé his look, his dance moves. He sang well but I think he was in the wrong competition.