Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anyone watching Humans on Channel 4?

(30 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Sun 21-Jun-15 21:51:10

it's very good! I'm surprised. It sounded so odd. But it's great.

Tegan Tue 11-Aug-15 14:04:50

Just finished watching it on catchup; Saw a couple of episodes over a two nights and then stayed up most of last night watching the last few. Fell asleep during the last episode but have just watched it. Have been totally mesmerised by it and the standard of acting was superb. I actually cared about every character in it. But must admit to not understanding a lot of what I was watching confused[I did, in fact watch episodes 3 and 4 the wrong way round without realising till the end of episode 4 that I'd 'missed a bit']. Makes you think about how complicated it is to be 'human' and how important to us our imperfections are.

rosesarered Wed 05-Aug-15 10:04:48

Didn't watch!

rosesarered Wed 05-Aug-15 10:04:20

Oh that's where the actor was from, Merlin, thought he seemed familiar.Didn't watch Merlin, but saw the ads for it.

TwiceAsNice Wed 05-Aug-15 09:07:28

Wasn't sure if I'd like it and recorded several episodes before I began watching then was completely hooked and watched several in a row. Watched the last two episodes last night and was not surprised to be left with an ending which means we have another series on its way. I wonder what happens to Fred and if they go back to see the family? And there is something extra odd about Nishka isn't there? We,ll see I will be watching again definitely.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 05-Aug-15 08:27:45

Due to holiday I still have two episodes to watch. smile (rubs hands with glee)

suzied Wed 05-Aug-15 05:40:31

I have just watched the final episode on catchup, and as expected it was a bit of a cliffhanger for the next series! I enjoyed it though I didn't quite follow all that was happening. Has the little girl been turned into a synth?

Gracesgran Mon 27-Jul-15 18:25:41

I think you have hit the nail on the head Eloethan that the reason Never Let Me Go has made such an impact on so many of us is that it was so very, very plausible.

It would be good to bump this thread before the programme next week. I would like a positive ending but ... don't know if we will get it.

Eloethan Mon 27-Jul-15 13:50:27

What I thought was so clever about "Never Let Me Go" was that it was set in a world which was, on the surface, very like our own - not a futuristic world with flying cars, robots etc., but a world of little seaside towns and second hand shops. It made me think how much science and technology is changing things but because everything around us is changing so much more slowly it's hardly noticed.

I hope the finale of Humans isn't as grim as that of Utopia (it was gripping but very violent and terribly depressing) which was made by the same team.

whitewave Mon 27-Jul-15 13:27:23

That was set in Sussex and it is so possible. That is what made it so memorable I think.

rosesarered Mon 27-Jul-15 13:22:47

Never let me Go( the book) has me in tears just thinking about it!

Tegan Sun 26-Jul-15 23:40:48

Oh, the film of that still haunts me sad.

Gracesgran Sun 26-Jul-15 23:07:26

I like the way Sci-fi can pose problems like this and I am loving this one although it brought back shades of "Never let me go" a novel by Kazuo Ishiguro which discusses what makes humans human although in this case the main characters are clones.

I was a bit worried that the end of tonight's episode was the end of the series. Thankfully one more episode. smile

Nelliemoser Sun 26-Jul-15 23:03:26

Me! But I think I ought to watch it again and not faff around on GN while I watch.

SloeGinny Sun 26-Jul-15 22:29:27

I'm really enjoying this too, excellent drama. Looking forward to the final episode next week to know what happens, but sad that it's coming to an end.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Jul-15 09:57:07

He has a film for BBC1 coming up next - directed by Alice Troughton, also of Merlin fame. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Jul-15 09:56:11

I think this is definitely one of the best things on tv for a long time. A triumph too for Colin Morgan of Merlin fame. A rising young star indeed (as I might have mentioned before on this website grin)

HildaW Tue 21-Jul-15 09:45:22

Am enjoying this too....its unexpected and thought provoking....as in 'what is it too be really human'.

rosesarered Mon 20-Jul-15 23:51:00

I record it and watch it without ads.

rosesarered Mon 20-Jul-15 23:50:21

Have watched every episode so far. Good idea, but rather boring in places, a bit patchy overall.Makes you think about what will be possible in the future though, and the ethics involved.

Eloethan Mon 20-Jul-15 23:14:39

I think it's a really engrossing drama, even though a bit "messy" (not helped by constant adverts). It poses some interesting questions as to what it means to be human - whether we ourselves are, like the "synths", just a bundle of circuits and nerve endings. Also, if we could, as in "Humans", develop a cross between a human being and a computer, and could eliminate our more destructive qualities, might that be an improvement that would benefit the natural world?

Anne58 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:10:55

I missed the last couple, due to being distracted by "The Outcast" but plan to catch up with "Humans" to see what I've missed.

mrsmopp Mon 20-Jul-15 20:29:23

Bumping this up again as it's been a few weeks since the last post. Am still really enjoying this very imaginative and engrossing programme. It is so well written and superbly acted. Full marks for this one, best thing I have watched for some time.

posie Mon 22-Jun-15 10:09:18

I enjoyed watching this. Then coincidently later, found myself watching the film "I, Robot".

This is what Stephen Hawking is concerned about. He says it could spell the end of the human race!!

Lona Mon 22-Jun-15 08:12:16

I like this sort of programme but I think this is a bit slow and messy. Last night I watched Black Work first, which has a good plot, and Humans on plus one. I hope it gets better soon.

Anya Mon 22-Jun-15 06:59:10

Well given your user name that comes a a surprise mrsmopp smile

I'd love to have one to tidy and clean, preferably a fit looking male one.