Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Radio Presenters

(32 Posts)
Skip277 Sun 22-May-16 15:22:24

My Sunday afternoon ruined yet again by that obscene so-called laugh of Elaine Paige. Just because she worked in musicals doesnt qualify her as a radio presenter. How can the BBC retain such irritating individuals as her in company with Steve Wright whose shouty voice and finishing off songs beggars belief.

The BBC drags off the street anything and everything in the name of broadcasting. Professional presenters like David Jacobs, Terry Wogan and even Bunty must have wept for their profession The BBC has not even attempted to replace them with like for like. We are left with shouty exhibitionists like Chris Evans. It's a sad time for radio.

TriciaF Sun 22-May-16 19:03:00

gettingonabit - I like Jazzfm too, especially on now - David Freeman Blues and Boogie.
Also in the mornings, Today, and especially Nick Robinson - he's been fighting throat cancer and seems to have got his voice back.

HannahLoisLuke Sun 22-May-16 19:03:54

Gemmag I think his name is Matt Williams, he does the sport on Simon Mayo and chips in on the confession spot. Just love his voice and laugh. I've never thought him full of himself. Are we thinking of the same person?
Love Graham Norton too, especially the Grill Graham spot.

TriciaF Sun 22-May-16 19:08:38

Also LBC James O'Brien.

specki4eyes Sun 22-May-16 19:18:34

The last time I was in the UK I heard this creaky old voice on Radio 2 - no disrespect here but it turned out to be Brian Matthew ....who was on when I was a teenager and I'm 69 now! I mean, really!! Put the poor old thing in The Home with the rest of us!

Chris Evans - switch it off; Vanessa Feltz - switch it off; Liza Tarbuck - off off; and as for Elaine Paige - dont even hover near the radio, it might be contagious! She is an absolutely appalling presenter; wooden voice reading parrot fashion from a dire script. And the laugh - just vulgar.

Graham Norton is great; I like Jeremy Vine's enthusiasm; Ken Bruce is ok but a jobsworth IMHO. My absolute favourite is/was Johnny Walker - is he still on?

I just despair of the BBC - except of course for Radio 4 which, if it wasn't for their dreadful afternoon plays, would keep me interested all day long.

Gemmag Sun 22-May-16 19:41:50

Hannahlois. No, not the same Mat. Don't know Mat Williams as I don't tend to listen to afternoon radio.

Pittcity Sun 22-May-16 19:47:34

Ken Bruce and Lyn Bowles...fabulous. Anyone any good at Popmaster?