Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith

(244 Posts)
NanKate Sat 03-Mar-18 21:04:55

Just found this mystery series 8 episodes on the BBC IPlayer. All set in Wales and from BBC Wales. Seen the first two episodes which I thoroughly enjoyed. Just wish the whole series was ready to watch.

callgirl1 Fri 13-Jul-18 23:28:24

Annie, I don`t know where I dredged Llanarth up from, I meant Laugharne, lovely place.

Anniebach Sat 14-Jul-18 08:49:07

Llanarth is further up callgirl ?, yes Laugharne is lovely

Elrel Wed 18-Jul-18 23:17:31

At last, a drama worth watching, and gorgeous scenery, great advertisement for Wales!

NanKate Thu 19-Jul-18 10:06:44

I’m enjoying it as much the second time as the first.

Anniebach Thu 19-Jul-18 10:12:45

Makes me want to walk along the estuary walk again, and shop in Carmarthen again, and go to Swansea bay again.

TerriBull Thu 19-Jul-18 13:54:27

My husband, on finding it was on BBC1 last week, said "shall we watch it again, it was so good" 2nd time arounders and looking forward to episode 2 tonight, mentally filing away Laugharne as a place to visit when we next go to Wales, it does look lovely smile

Anniebach Thu 19-Jul-18 14:01:05

Dylan Thomas’s grave in Laugharne is still marked with a small white wooden cross, Caitlin is also interred there

Glitterknitbaby Thu 19-Jul-18 22:57:32

Really got into it tonight and very much looking forward to next weeks episode.Have been to Laugharne in the very dim and distant past.

sodapop Fri 20-Jul-18 10:19:15

I enjoyed the second episode more than the first so will continue to watch. I did have a problem with the sound though, speech was quite indistinct at times.

Maybelle Fri 20-Jul-18 12:40:55

Struggled to watch this, cannot hear dialogue clearly and found the whole thing too slow.

Jane10 Fri 20-Jul-18 14:53:59

I can't stand the suspense! Only seen 2 episodes and 6 more to go. Aaargh!

NanKate Fri 20-Jul-18 15:27:02

Stay with it Jane it really is worth keeping with. Lots of twists and turns. Glad I am not the only one watching it again so soon after watching it for the first time.

What a well behaved baby Faith has ?

Pittcity Thu 09-Aug-18 22:04:09

I'm half way through Hidden and Mark Lewis Jones (Baldini) has just popped up.......

sodapop Fri 10-Aug-18 08:44:01

I have continued to watch and found it enjoyable . It is marred by the indistinct dialogue at times I agree with
Maybelle

BlueBelle Fri 10-Aug-18 09:19:16

I put subtitles on with all the dramas just in case it works for me

trisher Fri 10-Aug-18 10:22:08

I watched 2 epsodes and couldn't stand it. If acting is standing whilst someone takes a long shot of you flicking your hair and looking pained I suppose she deserves a BAFTA. As for the story line, the court appearances, the cases she was supposed to be handling and the contrived circumstances all put me off. I do like a story to have a bit of reality in it.

Eloethan Fri 10-Aug-18 11:28:35

I was quite enjoying this but it seems to be dragging somewhat and I'm losing interest. It is hard to believe that a woman in Faith's situation could continue to function in her job with all her other worries and responsibilities crowding in on her. I do agree that the woman in the role of Faith does tend to overact at times and that the dialogue is often difficult to hear. (I love some of the scenery though).

I also gave up on Age before Beauty after the first episode - totally unbelievable characters.

OldMeg Fri 10-Aug-18 11:42:35

Yes, just need to move this along a bit.

OldMeg Fri 10-Aug-18 11:42:55

What episode was it last night?

BlueBelle Fri 10-Aug-18 12:54:02

I m still watching Age before Beauty but I think it’s pretty poor and some of the acting and screaming is gross

Glitterknitbaby Fri 17-Aug-18 10:08:51

Did anyone else watch Keeping Faith last night?
I just can’t make top nor tail of it, got bored and fell asleep.
Just thought I would try and see it through to the end,last episode next week, I think!

henetha Fri 17-Aug-18 10:13:54

I like Keeping Faith but must admit I was confused in last night's episode as to what was going on. I just wish Evan would hurry up and come home. Or is he dead???
I'm going to stick with it, whatever.

Age Before Beauty is too predictable, almost a cliche really. But I like the actors.

MillieBear Fri 17-Aug-18 10:51:21

I'm trying really hard to keep my faith in Keeping Faith but last night's episode stretched my patience.

Greyduster Fri 17-Aug-18 11:12:46

I am finding it hard to like this series now, and the lead character in particular. I found some of the plot lines last night stretched credibility a bit far for me. Thankfully, last one next week!

blossom14 Fri 17-Aug-18 12:32:04

I stuck with it as lots of posters have said how good it was. Hmmm... have had DH muttering about it most episodes and by last night could not find the plot other than laughable.